• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo alternative, Rx or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirtazepine is an antidepressant/antipsychotic first and foremost.
Mos def not it's an atypical antidepressant with sedating effects due to it's anti-histaminergic action. Check wiki it's not a anti psychotic.

The anta or inverse agonist action on the 5HT2a receptor is said to prevent a person from tripping on that class of psychedelics. As well as aborting a bad trip. No personal experience though.

And benzo's aren't rx-ed like in the states everywhere, still people cope.

If it wasn't for the taste thing I could have dropped a legal addicting herbal solution.

Mos def not it's an atypical antidepressant with sedating effects due to it's anti-histaminergic action. Check wiki it's not a anti psychotic.

The anta or inverse agonist action on the 5HT2a receptor is said to prevent a person from tripping on that class of psychedelics. As well as aborting a bad trip. No personal experience though.

And benzo's aren't rx-ed like in the states everywhere, still people cope.

If it wasn't for the taste thing I could have dropped a legal addicting herbal solution.
You mean kratom? That's going to be banned soon, so what would be the point?

Try fiorecet...has small amount of barbiturate in it. Two of them works very well for anxiety. Clonazolam, diclazepam and flualprazolam are great RC benzos just a few clicks away from your mailbox. Lyrica and phenibut qre also great for anxiety.

Try fiorecet...has small amount of barbiturate in it. Two of them works very well for anxiety. Clonazolam, diclazepam and flualprazolam are great RC benzos just a few clicks away from your mailbox. Lyrica and phenibut qre also great for anxiety.
RC sites are gone, they removed the reddit pages and everything, do you think phenibut will stay legal in the US though?

The point is hopefully you can acquire some funds and stock up, for this indication especially! Everyone posted great suggestions. The usual protocol is switching to a longer lasting agent ie) Diazepam, then initiating a slow taper and augmenting with the old school standby's of a Gabapentinoid, clonodine, a very low dose SSRI - lexapro@ 5mgs/daily is recommended. Anything else you can add which helps various symptoms, like tremeors, insomnia, agitation can be addressed with Mag/Taurine, Glycine, Ashwaganda etc..
However I am a firm believer that a good supply of kratom can be extremely effective for tapering off any substance, which during withdrawal will cause high levels of Anxiety, panic and CNS activation.

Depending on your location, not seeing it banned over here anytime soon but who knows. But like you mentioned it shouldn't taste bad so despite it's eventual banning it's one of the most unpleasent herbs to take. Taste wise but also because it seems to want to go up instead of down when ingesting it. Toss and wash or a tea. Coupled with it's inabbility to form a mixture with water. The reason I preffered the tea.

The point is hopefully you can acquire some funds and stock up, for this indication especially! Everyone posted great suggestions. The usual protocol is switching to a longer lasting agent ie) Diazepam, then initiating a slow taper and augmenting with the old school standby's of a Gabapentinoid, clonodine, a very low dose SSRI - lexapro@ 5mgs/daily is recommended. Anything else you can add which helps various symptoms, like tremeors, insomnia, agitation can be addressed with Mag/Taurine, Glycine, Ashwaganda etc..
However I am a firm believer that a good supply of kratom can be extremely effective for tapering off any substance, which during withdrawal will cause high levels of Anxiety, panic and CNS activation.

This imo covers it, except no dr ever gonna hand Clonidine, Gabapentinoids or a presription for medical MJ in the Netherlands is my experience. A longer lasting benzo for tapering after you got addicted? You ain't getting benzo's prescribed period so addiction to them would be solely by buying them illegally or using rc benzodiazepinen.

Maybe you could get some help when allready addicted. But you would be screwed for live having something like that in your medical dossier. One of the reason I got my dr. to destroy my files. One of the few rights you can actually use instead of just reading about it. Not that I recommend doing that but there were so many prejudice things in there and so little actual objective usefull info. My digital and written files are deleted but I requested a copy for good measurement. Could be something usefull in there like my bloodtype or about that benign bone formation I got in my teens.

But it's mostly just bla bla what's in there. Nothing that a dr needs to know, I have a mouth and can answer if they would really need some info.

CBD is bullshit, no dose has helped other than made feel tired and the time of day felt weird and fked up.

This are my feelings to about CBD. But don't discard it if you have only tried it as a CBD only product.

I was told when CBD and THC, aswell as the other Cannabinoids and terpenoids are taken together. Like full spectrum which are sometimes in one product. Could be created by combining a high CBD strain with a strain where THC is dominant. That's when CBD works.

But for me it's yet to proof it's usefulness I notice no effects when I add CBD products to a THC high.

While others already recommended some pretty good alternatives you should really look into cognitive behavioral therapy as a non-substance alternative

RC sites are gone, they removed the reddit pages and everything, do you think phenibut will stay legal in the US though?

RC sites are far from gone. The sourcing pages on Reddit are just harder to find and containe only a fraction of the well known vendors. Plenty of RC benzo vendors still operating on the clearnet who are listed on Reddit.

Yes RC sources is gone thank god. Takes a little bit more searching but it helps weed out minors and most idiots.

Phenibut and Kratom will take years to become illegal though Kratom would be the first of those two alternatives to go. I believe phenibut will be legal for the next 3-5 years.

RC sites are far from gone. The sourcing pages on Reddit are just harder to find and containe only a fraction of the well known vendors. Plenty of RC benzo vendors still operating on the clearnet who are listed on Reddit.

Yes RC sources is gone thank god. Takes a little bit more searching but it helps weed out minors and most idiots.

Phenibut and Kratom will take years to become illegal though Kratom would be the first of those two alternatives to go. I believe phenibut will be legal for the next 3-5 years.
I haven't heard anything regarding phenibut in the news since early this year, I hope it stays legal for good like most supplements.

Phenibut tastes rather bad so that may not be an option.
I got the FAA version earlier this year from liftmode but I have yet to really try it. I dabbed some on my tongue and it tasted like nothing almost with a slight bitter aftertaste. I'm just afraid of the side effects to take a full dose but it seems like the only OTC option that isn't placebo.

Phenibut and Kratom will take years to become illegal though Kratom would be the first of those two alternatives to go.

My preference def Kratom, which can be capsulated. Phenibut feels weird and unpleasant in a degree it actually intensifies anxiety. I would rather take Pregabalin which was helpfull but had effects on cognition and motorskills different then caused by benzo's. They were hardly noticeable until suddenly ... Something that you would keep in mind. Never happened with benzo's with me.

If you are really keen on pillform Opipramol is still a mystery to me but when I took it for sleeping purposes, the indication it was sold for to me in Turkey OTC. The day after instead of groggy of residual sedation I actually felt good. No idea what it really does it's discontinued here years ago. But was indicated for anxiety according to the pharmacological compas I somewhere have. It is a high affinity sigma receptor agonist and anti-histamine. But not as hard hitting as Mirtazepine and promethazine with no lingering effects after waking in my few experiences with it. I had one 30 piece box.

Some of that Russian inventions seem to fit the bill for saver alternatives as the rx-ed benzo's. Just fantasizing they are actually that good and not just clever marketing. But Afobazole and Etifoxine seem interesting candidates.

My preference def Kratom, which can be capsulated. Phenibut feels weird and unpleasant in a degree it actually intensifies anxiety. I would rather take Pregabalin which was helpfull but had effects on cognition and motorskills different then caused by benzo's. They were hardly noticeable until suddenly ... Something that you would keep in mind. Never happened with benzo's with me.

If you are really keen on pillform Opipramol is still a mystery to me but when I took it for sleeping purposes, the indication it was sold for to me in Turkey OTC. The day after instead of groggy of residual sedation I actually felt good. No idea what it really does it's discontinued here years ago. But was indicated for anxiety according to the pharmacological compas I somewhere have. It is a high affinity sigma receptor agonist and anti-histamine. But not as hard hitting as Mirtazepine and promethazine with no lingering effects after waking in my few experiences with it. I had one 30 piece box.

Some of that Russian inventions seem to fit the bill for saver alternatives as the rx-ed benzo's. Just fantasizing they are actually that good and not just clever marketing. But Afobazole and Etifoxine seem interesting candidates.
I was looking into tofisopam but the nootropic places online selling them seem sketchy.

CBD is bullshit, no dose has helped other than made feel tired and the time of day felt weird and fked up. Gabapentin works sometimes, other times it made it worse and makes me feel mildly sick and lacking appetite the following day. Can't try lyrica because it's expensive af.

CBD is bullshit for you. CBD works for a lot of people. Just making that clear.

Nobody said
hydroxyzine? I am surprised. It works well for some people.

CBD is bullshit for you. CBD works for a lot of people. Just making that clear.

Nobody said
hydroxyzine? I am surprised. It works well for some people.
I never implied that it doesn't help others out, and hydroxyzine is crappy too, as I've tried it multiple times. Even if has been studied for anxiety, the antihistamine effect causes more anxiety for me as it makes me feel loopy and like my body is shutting down or something, like I can't move very well and I'm fighting it. I've also noticed that it increases anxiety/causes restlessness and tension when it wears off too. I think benedryl helps more than hydroxyzine. Most "anti-anxiety" medications that aren't gaba agonists are big antihistamines, and all of the ones I've tried made me feel worse. I'd say hydroxyzine is the least offensive but mirtazepine made me feel horrible, and I only took it a second time to give it another chance. Imagine feeling so sick that you just don't want to move and just stare at what's in front of you with this mental emptiness, and because of being so sick and emotionless I couln't express the way it's making me feel while giving me dilated pupils and shit.

Last edited:
I hate to say your running out of legitimate options, but you seem to be. Have you discussed this with a doctor? We are not going to recommend any illegal things for you. If the information in this thread or the search engine doesn't help, I'm afraid you are just going to have to go to a doctor, or give some suggested methods a second chance.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.