Bluelight

Thread: Schedule 1 substances, no accepted medical uses, 100% illegal..cept when it isnt

1. Collapse Details
    Schedule 1 substances, no accepted medical uses, 100% illegal..cept when it isnt 
    So just trying to wrap my head around this...looking into medical marijuana I found you have to register with the govt ( seems a vioation of doc patient confidentiality to start) and you are then considered to be a drug addict, and can no longer purchase a firearm....
    Which then made me remember that while marijuana seems to be the number one target of the virtue signalling masses, methamphetamine, which according to the govt is a schedule one substance, there for having zero medical uses and not legal to sell or posses in any manner, is, and has been, completely legal to prescribe and dispense apparently, under the brand name "DESOXYN"....and it requires zero extra requirements, and you're not considered am addict, and can still purchase firearms.

How is it that an extremely addictive, potentially incredibly damaging, schedule one substance is able to be dispensed when according to their own laws, this is illegal?

Or is this another piece of evidence that laws are optional with enough disposable money?

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Meth is schedule 2... desoxyn is used very rarely for extreme cases of ADHD that arent receptive to other meds. It has recognized medical value for treating ADHD and obesity. Not to mention almost no insurance provider will cover it. Most pharmacies dont stock it, and its outrageously expensive.
    Last edited by bptubbs; 07-11-2018 at 05:08.

3. Collapse Details

meth is a general term for many variations of one kind of stimulant or upper. crystal meth is the epidemic sweeping the country (and starting with the world now). meth salts are found in a few A.D.D./A.D.H.D. medications and there are quiet a few meds (not just psychiatric meds) that are prescribed by doctors that are controlled substances and the government can find out anytime that you are prescribed them and you can still own a gun.

the difference is the findings are therapeutic or helpful to certain conditions that are met. mental health, pain relief, etc. marijuana is still illegal on a federal level where pills are prescribed by doctors for relief from what ails you and have been for a long time.

then there is the topic of money. while this is a sensitive subject in nature there are many reasons why the government would be inclined to adopt legalizing marijuana on a federal level but do not (even thought the opioid epidemic is starting to get out of control).

one example: if you have a matching list of ailments that can be dealt with by pills or marijuana and give the choice to a parent for the treatment of their child then chances are the parent will choose pills. (the stigma behind it)

as far as politicians goes: you would have to ask them but pills are easier to regulate than marijuana plants and are bigger money makers.

two side pieces that are controversial: 1. meth is more important in history to governments as it is used to fight wars with, a lot of research and development has been put into it for use of soldiers during times of war to win the war. 2. CBD and marijuana are not the same but both are drugs. one just has the main psychoactive ingredient taken out.

4. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    Preachin' to the choir mate.

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptubbs View Post
    Meth is schedule 2
    ^ this

6. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    invegauser: wouldn't parents rather give their kids gummy bears than pills? How about a brownie?

I actually think it's a feat that cannabis is still legal at all, even recreation/medical at the state level, given the current administration.

Weed generates $$ states need, and that's why I think it is still legal in some.

Jeff Beauregard Sessions, our current Attorney General would throw someone in prison and toss the key for a bong if he could. Without any weed. Because drugs!!

I can't imagine anyone with any other attitude will be appointed in the next couple of years.

7. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    ^Try and say the name Jeff Beauregard without chuckling. What a fucking joke.

8. Collapse Details

@cduggles: quiet a few parents i know would. i couldn't blame them and might even support them. the delivery system i don't have a problem with (though smoking it is probably the most harmful for the lil ones).

you bring up some good points. i gotta admit i was coming from a heavy handed political view from the side of the table of the man.

was trying to be direct in my answer while playing devils advocate. it's not very nice or pretty but truth rarely is comforting.

personally i think the government could find a way to have legal marijuana supplement federal finances and shift some current financial and societal problems across the nation to ease the burden and resolve some current and outstanding issues as well as reduce decent amounts of spending in the future, but i'm just a stupid inveggy. what do i know.

i'm waiting to see how the people at the grown up table in the district settle in after the elections before i finalize ideas on where this country is headed marijuana wise. seems the people have made up their mind and if prohibition was any indication then there's lots of people easily swayed when the time comes (maybe just not concerned or opinionated enough to care either way).

9. Collapse Details

invegauser: The first two lines of my post were a little joke about edibles to you.

The rest was "to everyone else."

I'm admittedly too full of midterms...I should stick to that and explaining to swilow in the virgin plastic thread how garbage is picked up in the US.
    Last edited by cduggles; 07-11-2018 at 09:16. Reason: Although giving pills to kids is a worthwhile discussion, imo

10. Collapse Details

oi, i'm not easy to understand, even harder to tell when i'm joking. us stoic types have a lot backfire on us. i should lighten up.

my apologies miss duggles. i'll work on my etiquette.

midterm away.

good luck with that, i don't even try to fathom the ugliness of it all cause i nose too much as it is. i do recycle and i've read the thread, hence this sentence on it.
    Last edited by invegauser; 07-11-2018 at 10:09.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Gravy? View Post
    ^Try and say the name Jeff Beauregard without chuckling. What a fucking joke.
    Little POS got fired today

12. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Yeah I just saw that. Some good news there...

13. Collapse Details

Ha! You think his Trump-chosen replacement will be better? Not a chance.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cduggles View Post
    Ha! You think his Trump-chosen replacement will be better? Not a chance.
    I don't think you can do worse than sessions. Christie and bondie are scum but not on the level of sessions