• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is taking hydrocodone and codeine safe with lexapro?

Asteroid_jumper

Greenlighter
Ive been taking lexapro for 1 month now, and I just got two pills of 10mg of hydrocodone and 30mg of codeine. Is there a chance this will cause serotonin syndrome? I have a very small opiate tolerance and Im just wanting a small buzz. Im sorry if this question has been asked before, Im having a hard time using the search engine. Thanks!

Your chances are pretty low of serotonin syndrome when combining these drugs. However, since you have a small opiate tolerance, I don't think you should take both the codeine and hydrocodone together. 20 mg hydrocodone would not be a small dose for a beginner so just start with one tablet to be safe.

Ive been taking lexapro for 1 month now, and I just got two pills of 10mg of hydrocodone and 30mg of codeine. Is there a chance this will cause serotonin syndrome? I have a very small opiate tolerance and Im just wanting a small buzz. Im sorry if this question has been asked before, Im having a hard time using the search engine. Thanks!

You have to take an incredible amount of serotonergic drugs to get full on serotonin syndrome (I transported a 12 year old girl who had attempted suicide on her Zoloft and she'd taken a hefty dose of it and still didn't have full-on serotonin syndrome). If you ate the whole bottle of Lexapro before you got high I might be concerned (I probably wouldn't even Narcan you, I'd just give you some IV Ativan and watch you closely), but taking it as directed you should have no problems with the opioids.