• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe From Suboxone to Kratom and back to Suboxone...

AmeliaK

Greenlighter
Hello all-
My name is Amy and I could really use some help.
I'm not sure how much of my story is pertinent but I'm ready to bare all if it will help me get past this mess I have created for myself.
I have been on suboxone for over a decade at 16mg/day. In recent years the doctor added wellbutrin and adderall for lack of motivation and tiredness, in ever increasing amounts, thats just not working any longer. So what I decided for myself is to take the month of October and cold turkey the hell out of myself off everything and try using natural Kratom to see me through. I made it the entire month but the last days on Kratom were a special kind of hell for me. A restlessness that starts in your core that I couldnt keep myself dosed out of, vicious to taper, very hopeless.. So here I am back on Suboxone at 1mg and have taken 3 doses in the last 2 days. I have no idea where to go from here. I have been trying to read as much as possible on short acting and long acting and half lives and all that crap but it is way above my head. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My first thought was you stopped Amphetamines and Suboxone at the same time, why?

My personal experiences with Kratom addiction and prescribed dextro-Amphetamin. Made me conclude during my Kratom withdrawal it was essential to continue with at least the bare minimum of Amph's. My Add, or taking the meds for it feels useless during withdrawal. But discontinuining amplifies or adds unwanted symptoms to the withdrawal. So keeping a medicinal dose in me was important.

Secondly why would a dr prescibe Bupropion and Amphetamine at the same time. Not going into why to add it to a suboxone regime but that seems odd to. Excluding if the Suboxone was used for pain management. But usually that's not the indication.

I think if you want some proper response you should add some details like dosage and indication for use of the meds. No idea how long typical wd of Suboxone lasts and if it can be surpressed with Kratom

Last edited:
AmeliaK, I'd like to extend to you a warm welcome on behalf of the community! We're happy to help you in any way we can. What I would like from you, however, is to specify your issue with a little more clarity. I understand that you're dependent upon Opioids. Are you essentially just looking for some kind of guide to withdrawal? If that is the case, we have a ton of information for you.

Could you be just a little more specific with what you're trying to do?

Hey guys, thanks for that quick reply!! I had a huge opiate problem that I had finally gotten clean from but it seemed I could never get my motivation or energy back to functional. Sooo I went to see the doctor at the mental health and he decided to try me on suboxone, and it worked for years until it didnt. So then he started the wellbutrin and it worked for a while, until it didnt. So then we added the adderall a cpl years ago, which helped for a while but after raising the dose a cpl times its petering out and I still have no motivation or energy. This is all about a decade with the same doctor and from what I could read online others were having trouble on suboxone so I decided I'd try to get off..

So the first week I tried to stop 16mg daily suboxone replaced with Kratom and did okay but no sleep so I stopped the wellbutrin and adderall thinking it would help and maybe I cld sleep. I made it through a month and was feeling like I was going to make it when it seemed the kratom just turned on me. I started getting this Godawful restlessness in my bones like no other..I hadnt had to withdraw nothing in years, I was not ready. So started back low dose sub at 1mg, 3 doses in the last cpl days. Praying maybe it was some bad kratom withdrawal at the end and I can use the sub a few days till it passes and just stop..

I feel you. I've been on Adderall for quite a few years and then went on Lortabs. Now I'm on Subutex and adderall and Lorazepam. My doctor is weaning me off Lorazepam. I'm trying to wean myself down on the subutex and hop on the kratom. I have major concerns/anxiety about the Adderall amplifying the withdrawl symptoms also have concerns about going cold turkey off the Adderall while I am withdrawing from Subs. Seems like a disaster to go through both withdrawals at the same time. My whole thought process is, maybe I take the bare minimum of Adderall each day to get me through the sub withdrawal. Typically I take 60 mg a day of Adderall and 2 mg Subutex a day. Past couple days I've gotten myself down to 1mg a day of subs but still not stable. Still taking the 60mg a day of adderall due to being so tired. But I think the adderall is making my legs hurt worse now that i am tapering down. Thinking I will go down to 15 mg a day of Adderall Maybe 30. I have two major concerns that I won't be able to make it through on the Kratom alone. You're not alone and there are others out there, hang in there.

I have never withdrew a benzo before, I've read that can be brutal. How long have you been on the subs/ what strength? I believe the adderal was helpful, as Emkee said, and didn't make symptoms worse- I had stopped mine because its time release and too hard to not dose close to bedtime and I hadn't slept for days. Your taking it low dose seems a solid plan. Kratom did help in the begining, I had read somewhere to dose often and with confidence. And I did, apparently I was trying to be too comfortable. By the end of the month I couldn't seem to dose enough, much less taper. Kratom seemed to come with its own withdrawal and although it probably would have been shorter lived it was VERY intense. So here I am back on the subs like a failure, all beat up and disgusted. Hope all is well- A

Keif' Richards- hahahahaha, cute name and avi. And thank you for the warm welcome, this withdrawal is lonley business..

Hello all-
So after 3 days back on low dose subs at 1mg/dose with a total of five doses I feel like maybe I?m far enough past the Kratom, Wellbutrin, Adderall withdrawals I can resume withdrawing from the subs, hopefully a little smoother. So day one again.. I am thinking of adding back the low dose Adderall during the day, I just wish it wasn?t extended release so I?d have more control. I went days without sleeping the first attempt. Wish I cld cut back on the caffeine and nicotine but dang, you gotta live. Maybe just try to clean up my diet..
Hope everyone is well, I?m in the south and haven?t seen sunshine for days. The gloomy days make everything harder..