• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball The 2018/2019 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread *Now with 2019/2020 Speculation*

Maybe y'all can finally make a final four this year.

As much as I want to be a bastard to your Kentucky ass right now, I’m too god damn pumped about that win to be a prick. But, if history repeats itself, we’ll be riding high going into the tourney and get knocked out in the sweet 16. You guys might not even make it that far.

Lol just fucking with you man. I mean, I know you are a good Tennessee fan. But some of these assholes crawling out of the woodwork are pathetic. They're all over the place.

I actually kinda like Gonzaga. I like how they play...well coached.

Nice win. Very impressive.

Like I said, I've not seen anything to make me optimistic about UK so far. I'm waiting. That's the great thing about college basketball though. There's still time.

Kinda like the assholes that crawled out of the woodwork for your football season this year.

We’ll see. Long way to go. But it’s exciting for now. I’m completely used to getting my spirit crushed, though. Just like the damn SEC tourney last year. It ain’t easy bein a Vol these days.

Lots of good teams out there this year. I honestly think it’s Dukes to lose.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Duke will win. I mean, they should. They have the most talent. The preseason ranking were all fucked up. But if you contain Zion, they are vulnerable. Their greatest strength is their confidence and physicality. If they get taken out of Cameron and go up against a veteran team...like Tennessee perhaps? Schofield vs Williamson...who you got? Admiral is like 27 iirc and has developed a perimeter shot, so I'm taking him.

Last edited:
Yea, I see your logic, but they’re just so damn talented. I think Kansas probably deserves more hype than they’re currently getting. Tough schedule and still undefeated. As for unranked teams, I’ve got my eye on Marquette. Good win for them yesterday. Gonna be a fun season.

Zions huge but it's weird, he's still got some baby fat. Not grown into his body all the way. Wait about a year or two he will be wrecking teams in the nba

How is Auburn looking? They had lots of buzz here in Birmingham before the season.

They lost @ NC State the other day but State is pretty good...they kept up with Duke earlier this season. There will be several SEC teams crushing dreams come March. Every Duke game will be covered on ESPN as if it was the game of the century, but they are gonna get got when it matters.

Big Kentucky UNC game Saturday. Not looking good for us but we have the opportunity to shock some people and begin to grow into our potential if we win. Then we got Louisville and right into conference play.

Gators at 7-4 hosting Butler as last game before we start conference play. Still don't know what to make of my team. The plus is that the freshmen are the best players. The minus, is the upperclassmen have regressed. I'm hoping for a 60% win percentage and a high seed in March. Hope we at least make the tournament.

^ No words of love for UK for taking down UNC? Pfft...

Great win for y’all. Much needed. Makes me nervous. As good and seasoned as Tennessee is, I’m always pretty pessimistic about playing you guys.

Anybody follow the Penny Hardoway epic crying after losing to Tennessee? Pretty entertaining

I'm pretty excited to see how conference play goes. Nothing better than SEC road games.

Lol...Louisville is such a trashy organization in every sense of the word. Sad.

Excellent road win for Gophs last night! About 4-5 quality wins away from a birth!

Gophers just beat Wisconsin in football and basketball within 45 days and both in Madison...think first time they've accomplished football and basketball wins in Madison since '73...too bad it's slightly more a reflection of Wisconsin.

I need gophs to give me sports dopamine\serotonin drip, Rams have been boring since playing KC.

Gophers at Williams Arena is by far my best sports home field advantage and fun watching...though not sure I've witnessed a better personal home field advantage than when Pirates played Reds in WC game in Pittsburgh the year they snapped a 20+ year playoff drought.

Congrats gophz. I saw they beat NC A&T ...I've been there. I see you guys have to go to Michigan in a couple of weeks. That should be a good one right?

UK takes a trip down to Bama this afternoon. I don't think cj will be able to see his Tide get whooped because he will be traveling :p. Some game in California :eek:.

Last edited:
Great SEC conference game. If we had a few more seconds there at the end I think it would have turned out differently. Alabama is going to be busting some brackets in March though. I love SEC games...trying to watch Virginia and FSU now is like torture.

ESPN has been trying to make Nevada a final four team for months. They got beat by 7-6 New Mexico ...by 27 :\. BREAKING NEWS...Zion made a dunk at home against Clemson!! Wait...Clemson has a basketball team? 8)