• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching from IV to smoking Heroin

23rachelbaldwin

Greenlighter
I relapsed after a year off dope. I've always shot my drugs but I don't want to go down that dark path this time. I don't really know how to smoke heroine off foil. I'm from Washington state and we get black heroin...any advice, tips, techniques so I don't burn the shit out of it?

Hey man. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with Heroin addiction. It's a bitch and the choice to say "fuck it" and give up can seem like an easy one. The shitty thing, is that "smoking" (vaporizing) drugs of any kind off of tin foil or what have you, is an acquired skill that requires a bit of dexterity to perform properly. If you talk to users who are familiar with the route of administration, they will tell you that it is a learned process.

There is nothing that can be done aside from learning the process. I'm sure you've seen it done before in passing, but unless you have someone there to show you what to do, you run the risk of fucking up and wasting some or even all of your drugs. I would recommend youtube.

Heroin is Heroin and relapse is relapse dude. I'm only trying to portray a real picture for you. You are using Heroin and the route of administration chosen is secondary top the fact that you're using the drug in the first place. It doesn't absolve you of consequence to simply administer the drug in a different manner.

Chasing the dragon is an excellent alternative, especially to give your veins a break. The rush is great and you have a slightly lower chance of ODing. obtain some untreated foil (not like kitchen aluminum foil) and fold it lengthwise (like a hotdog bun). Untreated foil is easy to find in the UK and at some needle exchanges, not too sure about the states.if you absolutely cannot find untreated, you can make a mini shot in a cooker/spoon. You can also burn off the chemical coating (shiny side) of kitchen aluminum foil all else fails. Obviously you need to make the best choices for yourself in regards to reducing harm.

After folding (shiny side down) Hold the foil like a V and sprinkle a line of H in the fold. You can use a pyrex stem or cardboard toilet roll as your straw. I don?t recommend plastic. You can also make a straw out of foil and save the residue for later. Now is the tricky part if you are not an octopus. You must hold the foil, straw and flame source simultaneously. I use a tea light and hold the straw in my mouth. Slow and steadily cook the heroinfrom the end furthest away from you and tip it slightly toward yourself. It should liquidize and vapour rises off. You inhale this. The trick to not burning it is the slow consistent flame. Do a small amount at a time to be sure to get a manageable amount of vapour. Inhaling the vapour can cause inner coughing and trigger asthma in some people. Try it with a small amount first to get the feel of it and so you don?t waste your drugs. Also be careful: the foil gets hot. Good luck and let us know how it goes