• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My morphine source just got cut-off last week but I acquired some 10mg oxycontin

I know people who swear by a mixture of 1 er dhc 120mg chewed up and at least 15/20 of the 30mg ir to be taken as required this keeps heroin withdrawal at bay along with some valium. It's seen as a cleaner substitute than methadone. Just sayin sorry to jump your thread.����

My morphine source just got cut-off last week but I acquired some 10mg oxycontin.....

If I was cutting 60mg MS Contin into 1/4 pieces and taking 15mg once a night before bed, will 10mg Oxycontin a night be sufficient enough to hold me over til I find more morphine? I prefer ms contin over oxycontin because of the long duration, to be honest. I liked only having to dose once a day with the morphine. I got plenty of Tramadol to act as a buffer if the oxy doesn't last long enough. Maybe that will help.

Last edited:
It should hold you for a night, the half life of both drugs is similar (aprox 4 hours) and oxy is about 1.5x as strong as morphine so the dose works out about the same

as MindlessBilly said, looking at the equianalgesic chart oxycodone is around 1.5-2 times as strong as morphine and the oral bioavailability of oxycodone is better so 15 mg oxy should be pretty good

Thank you. So far it seems to be a decent transition, especially since I have the tramadol as a filler. The oxycontin I have is not too far off from the ms contin dosage I was taking and so far it seems very similar, even though I still prefer morphine.

Oxycodone is metabolized via CYP3A4 and to a much lesser extend CYP2D6 so if you drink some white grapefruit juice it'll inhibit the oxycodone metabolism and thus will increase the duration and effects

I've been addicted to opiates and have been taking them daily for 10yrs or so, mostly extended-release morphine pills. My routine was cutting a 60mg pill into 4 pieces and taking 15mg a day before bed, but I would binge every other weekend and take up to 300mg's as a treat. My hookup sold me what was left of a bottle of 20 5mg hydros after telling me the lady he gets the morphine from got officially cut-off, but they don't last very long. I gotta re-dose every few hours just to not feel shitty. He mentioned a friend had a bottle of butorphanol that he was willing to let go of. I've never heard of it. I guess its fairly new. As for pod tea, I've always wanted to try it and hear its very effective, but the process of acquiring it and making it for long-term use seems a bit tedious.
I highly recommend quitting recreational opioid use before your addiction progresses. Methadone and buprenorphine are effective treatments.

Kleinerkiffer, thank you for the grapefruit suggestion. I've heard it can potentiate certain meds. Does it have to be white grapefruit though? Also, a little update: I acquired a source for 30mg ms contin, which is great because now I can ration those out and quarter them like I was doing with the 60mg one's I use to get. That was what I was hoping for anyway, to transition down to a lower dose of the substance I was already using in order to make quitting easier when I'm ready. Oxycontin would work to, but I'd rather stick with what I'm use to (ms contin).

Last edited:
Honestly I?m surprised you even have withdrawals and get sick like you say you are. 15 mgs morphine before bed a day isn?t much really at all. This shouldn?t be too bad man just taper down a very small amount if you wanna quit. Also 10 mgs oxy should definitely compare to 15 mgs morphine if not be stronger. It?s just morphine is a bit more sedating than oxy but in terms of stopping withdrawals I?d take oxy over tramadol. I feel really bad you got ripped off for that bottle of animal opiates lol, so lame what people will do knowing you?re desperate and abuse that. It sucks that we cave into bad decisions because we?re sick, that?s why I want to be free of all chemicals and never have to cave into anybody. Right now I?m buying a complete garbage batch of H from the same connect I?ve always had. Usually it?s good but every once in a while it?ll be garbage for like 2-3 weeks straight and those weeks suck complete dick. I end up spending almost twice as much just to stay well because the amount I?m used to doing isn?t enough when it?s so cut. On top of the money wasted I?m going through minor withdrawals all the time and I?m irritated work is hard to deal with but you have to go cause you?re spending twice the amount now. It?s so unstable

Kleinerkiffer, thank you for the grapefruit suggestion. I've heard it can potentiate certain meds. Does it have to be white grapefruit though?
It may work with other citrus fruits and bergamot, but grapefruit juice is the best-studied; iirc white grapefruit juice has the highest content of CYP450 isozyme inhibitors (haven't looked into this in a while so might not be correct), but normal grapefruit juice should work as well