• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Counteracting the Vivitrol injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prumpkinstein

Greenlighter
I'm on day 9 of my vivitrol injection and I really want to get high. Does anyone know anything I can do to remove the naltrexone from my body completely or speed up the process of removal? Or even counteract its ability to block opiods altogether?

I would really appreciate any advice anyone has on this.

Buddy; I closed your first thread for a reason

in BDD, “getting high” threads are frowned upon

And you can’t really beat vivitrol

Don’t post this Again

Closed, AGAIN - Lorne

The only way to beat it is to take enough of an opioid to overcome the blockade. And you'd probably overdose and kill yourself in the process. I'm not the kind to criticize someone's judgment bc I make dumb decisions all the time, but if you're going to go to extreme lengths to overcome a medicine that's supposed to help you beat an addiction, you really need to reconsider your life choices.

The entire being and definition of Naltrexone (Vivitrol) in this formulation is that it simply cannot be beaten. The only feasible way for you to get high would be by scoring some Remifentantil and going to town. This is a drug that, without a doubt, does exactly what it says it's gonna do. You're not gonna get high for ~30 days and that's the deal unfortunately.

I never wanted to get the shot. I got clean on my own, but I think it's an awesome tool for those who are still trying to get there. It definitely takes the decision-making process out of your hands, which for addicts, is exactly what has to be done sometimes.

But yea, I'm closing this. Like Lorne said.

Status
Not open for further replies.