Thread: Ending friendship/relationships based on political views

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Homeless & Anonymous
    Sober Living
    North & South America Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by swilow View Post
    Yeah, true. I agree that the emotional bonds of friendship might kinda outweight the ideological differences . . . but I actually don't know how I would react, as I've said, this has no been something I've really had to contend with.

Out of curiousity, do you have friends that you have strong ideological differences with? No-one in the thread so far (that I've seen, and if I've missed this, I apologise in advance) has mentioned having this particular set of circumstances arise (beside maybe the OP?).
    i have a couple friends that are doing the pro-fascist trolling bullshit, but if things get so bad that i have to take up arms and fight i wouldnt hesitate to kill them if they end up being brownshirts instead of just assholes. pretty sure they dont have the conviction for that though.

other than them i dont tolerate fascists. if your ideology is built around the idea that certain people dont deserve to exist because they're different then you should be prepared to eat a bunch of lead, because you deserve it. intolerance is hating people for what they are, hating people for what they do is how its supposed to work.

2. Collapse Details

Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Homeless & Anonymous
    So when you say 'friends' you mean moreso decent acquaintances? Surely if proper friends, you have a good sense about who or what they really stand for, as human beings?

3. Collapse Details

Homeless & Anonymous
    Sober Living
    people change over time, especially now that fascism is the american way.

4. Collapse Details

I doubt it really is, Tath.

Ok so I'm not there, I have not seen what you see, at ground level.

I have not seen any rise in fascism, it's something I have seen said as rising, unless the fight against fascism which is not there becomes fascism in itself, the clamp down on discussion by over reactive people who do this "for our own good".

I dont like seeing people getting angrily abusive when they have never before, yet this continues to even the most polite assertion of any good seen done by Trump himself or the Republicans.

The loss of a former ability to be objective and ability to promote talk into just baiting for reaction is now more common in people who argued the same behaviour was done by Republicans. I dont think Republicans all are fascists and will never say they are just because some ppl I like feel that way.

Very weird, until this balanced out there is not much else anyone can say to join in.

5. Collapse Details

Homeless & Anonymous
    Sober Living
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I have not seen any rise in fascism
    thats because you've turned into a fascist sympathizer, rushing to white knight them at every opportunity

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tathra View Post
    i have a couple friends that are doing the pro-fascist trolling bullshit, but if things get so bad that i have to take up arms and fight i wouldnt hesitate to kill them if they end up being brownshirts instead of just assholes. pretty sure they dont have the conviction for that though.

other than them i dont tolerate fascists. if your ideology is built around the idea that certain people dont deserve to exist because they're different then you should be prepared to eat a bunch of lead, because you deserve it. intolerance is hating people for what they are, hating people for what they do is how its supposed to work.
    What??!! The hypertolerant people talking about killing...sure they have a very logical argument to support it. Not interested in it really, prefer open-minded people who don't want to kill the other side. Call me old-fashioned. I am from Spain we had the opportunity to go to each other's neck in our history, only fanatics from both sides are yearning for those days.
    Not to mention identity politics are only frown over when coming from the right, identity politics from the left dressed-up as patriarchy overcoming are very welcome. Nonsense is welcome too...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123