• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

hi...new, early 30s female, east coast, alcohol and pills, family of addicts

RedLips

Greenlighter
hi. my name is whatever, maybe i will share it at one point. i've lived in the midwest and on the east coast. i'm an alcoholic, which i've never admitted to anyone in real life. when i worked in hospitality, my drinking was limited to the hours of 11 pm - 4 am (but enough to make me black out and result in enough rapes that i stopped keeping track). after two suicide attempts, my family made me move back east, where i quickly got a dui in august, then 2 in october. i have severe PTSD, which is why i drank and why i mixed it with benzodiazepines because i was so desperate to get the sounds and smells and sites out of my head. i come from a family of highly functioning alcoholics - incredibly smart, employed, highly paid. survivors of sexual abuse as children and adults, and unbelievable trauma as well. they aren't sympathetic. i am pretty, i am employed, i am educated, i come from a rich family (they do not support me, fyi, i often go without eating to pay rent) - i have everything everyone could ever want, and yet i have sold myself and attempted suicide over and over again.

flash forward 2-3 years later and i start when i wake up around 6 am, go to work from 8-4 and drink slowly throughout then while taking benzos, opiates, muscle relaxers, and continue when i get home until i pass out - sometimes around 5-6 pm. today i want to die. i hope to post enough where i can gain access to forums that will allow me to know exactly how much i need, because every time i've come close i've been saved and it makes me so angry. i believe and support harm reduction as someone who works in healthcare (amazing, right) but i don't believe in or support myself. i can't get by financially and have resorted to things i don't want to speak about. i have a family full of alcoholics and heroin addicts (and, as weird as it may sound, for "good" reason - horrific trauma) as well as family who has committed suicide, yet we are absurdly wealthy and can afford the best treatment available, but we always fail- and our families don't support us financially, they only support our treatment bills. we're often shunned and not spoken to while we're in a state where we might shame someone.i have been hospitalized so many times for suicide attempts and alcohol poisoning that it makes me angry that my body is so strong. sometimes i wonder how dare it betray me by being so strong?? it's been so many years, and so many overdoses that have landed me in the ICU - how could anything that severe not kill me? even my labs come back healthy, and physically people assume i'm 10 years younger than i am.

i just want to learn how to use responsibly so i can quiet the pain and don't end up on a dreaded psych ward again, especially not in the hospital where i work (which is a nightmare beyond belief). i receive therapy and have for years but it doesn't work - i think this drive to perish is genetic. i wish i could say i had a reason for living, but i don't - i am only a burden to everyone, and they've told me as much. so i just want to be able to use responsibly so i can get through each day. i will regret posting this in an hour and i don't know if i will be awake then to delete it, or if i will be able to anyway. i have muscle relaxers, opiates, benzos, and plenty of alcohol but i worry it's not enough given my tolerance. so i thought maybe if i can't die, i can find people who understand. i'm sorry if this is the the place, and would appreciate withholding judgment and pointing me in the right direction. i have literally nothing, i am turning to the internet as my last hope, whether it's to tell me if i have enough to die or that i'm not alone and someone to talk to.

i apologize for the less-than-sunny introduction, but where else can i go? please help point me in the right direction. i have medical and psych training so i know i could help others once i'm "blue-lighted" so part of me wants to be able to help with that because i believe in and support harm reduction for drug users and street-level sex workers, but i have to stay alive long enough to do that. i'm not sure what to do.

thank you for letting me talk, even if nobody sees this.

Greetings RedLips, and welcome to Bluelight.

You have posted something very intriguing, and i want you to know that you are not alone here at Bluelight. We are all one big dysfunctional family :)

If what you say about wanting to help is true, you may want to visit Mental Health and The Dark Side sub-forums. Mental health is just that, and The Dark Side specializes in recovery support.

You have a kind heart in wanting to help others, but it should always start with you. I think you will find that people here are tremendously supportive, and willing to even talk in private message if you feel like you're connecting with someone.

This world.. is a bunch of madness.

So let's stick together.

Peace.

hello redlips,
ive been where your at right now..its scary to say though you've got different traumas I have chronic ptsd also from the stuff I've put myself through.. I hope you find some peace I had to quit drinking and using for awhile to reflect on the insane shit I always seem to end up in.. recovery isn't a bad thing just a hard thing for most addicts..its worth a shot if your still breathing.