• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Self Medicating ADHD With Meth

Status
Not open for further replies.

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
Long story short, took adderall for 12 years, went off two years ago, gained a bunch of weight (80lbs) because I had no energy to workout (that and my diet / self control goes to shit when im off stimulants.)

Sick of being fat, sick of being lazy, so figured I would try some low-dose Meth because finding adderall, especially the amount I need to overcome my insane tolerance, is hard to do.

Bought some Meth, at first it went great. Took smallish (oral) doses, maybe 40mg, but I sorta over did it on how many I took for the first couple days (probably took 6 or 7/day). Didn't sleep very well for 3 or 4 days, had really bad heart palpitations one night.

Then on about day 5, while at work (on a mild dose, maybe 80mg), my body seemed to just bug-out. Nightmarish anxiety, feels like i'm being electrocuted in my heart region. Slight chest pain / discomfort. Just feels like i'm going to die.

Immediately toned down the dosage to roughly 3 15mg/day (I know, I know I should just stop it all together). My body seems to handle that ok, but man-alive I take any more then that and my body just flips the fuck out, the anxiety is horrifying. I also don't seem to get stimulated at all, just horrifying anxiety.

Question: Are symptoms like these at any way normal with regular Meth use? Maybe indicative of shitty Meth? Or did I just do too much, too fast and fuck my heart up real good?

Pretty sure I just over did it and fucked my shit up, (while likely having an underlying heart condition.) But wanted to make sure.

Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The body will reject substances it's been abused with over and over. I can't smoke weed anymore, even CBD weed, because my body rejects it. I erupt in anxiety if I do. You know how people talk about getting sick on a certain type of alcohol or a certain food, and then not being able to consume it for years? Same thing. Our bodies are sentient in their own right, they are a collection of billions of cells. They will reject what has hurt it, if it has hurt it enough. It sounds like this is the case for you and amphetamines.

Oh buddy, you made a seriously wrong assumption that replacing with meth would some how help you out.

> regular Meth use?

Right there. That's where you're making a mistake. If I said I was going to treat chronic pain with street grade heroin. It might sound like a good idea at the offset. However, there are a number of issues: potency between batches, the addictive nature of the drug, the fact that you haven't consulted a physician about your issue and you are self medicating.

Just a suggestion, maybe you should try to attack your chronic, long term issues with legit medical assistance.

First of all, welcome to Bluelight titans7x.

Now, meth.. One time i ate too much meth, and from then on out the high was minimal and mostly just nausea for the next couple days. You're right, it could be shitty meth, but in my experience, and sort of as psy997 is saying, your body may just be rejecting the extra meth because of this initial reaction.

A week after i had that incident, i used meth with no problem. Everyone's body reacts differently.

I agree with above ^^but I don't think most committed users of Heroin have too much trouble with varying potency. It's the quitters that get the trouble.

I've had this same exact reaction, and it generally happens after using too many days in a row. Keep in mind that my doses are "responsible" just like yours. I generally don't binge. However, I know my body is telling me to lay off for a few days when I get the feelings you described, as well as a serious body tension, all over. Once I drink a beer or two it subsides, but I always take a break from Amphetamines after that.

you need to lower your dosage. your dealing with street meth. the re dosing is messing you up. Develop a regular schedule. If your heart is causing you pain. you are staying up multiple days,etc, you need a nutritional break. Catch up on sleep, nutrition, etc. If you have to use this, use lower dosage then current. Unless you use this properly, you have to give it up.

Thanks for everyone's responses

Toned down the dosage, got some solid rest, and everything is much, much better. Only issue now is dopamine release, it's virtually nothing compared to when I first went on it.? The first few days I used I had great experience, very pleasurable and stimulating. Now it's just "meh". I still get stimulated, don't get me wrong, but there's not a whole lot of pleasure there. Nature of the beast?

Oh buddy, you made a seriously wrong assumption that replacing with meth would some how help you out.

> regular Meth use?

Right there. That's where you're making a mistake. If I said I was going to treat chronic pain with street grade heroin. It might sound like a good idea at the offset. However, there are a number of issues: potency between batches, the addictive nature of the drug, the fact that you haven't consulted a physician about your issue and you are self medicating.

Just a suggestion, maybe you should try to attack your chronic, long term issues with legit medical assistance.

First things first, i'm done with abusing stimulants. Been there, done that. I have no desire to go down that road again.

Secondly, I did run this by my Psychiatrist as a last-chance attempt at getting put on more stimulants - i'm currently on 1 56mg time-release Methylphenidate (prescribed by my Family Physician), but my tolerance is such that I need 3. That and those time-release only work for four hours. I told him I was looking into self medicating with meth because I was going back to school, and desperately needed a bump on my subscription. He responded by raising my dosage of Bupropian 8) (he's too chicken shit to put me back on stimulants after I misused them, even though I have a proven track record on them, he's a young guy)

Trust me, the LAST thing I want to do is use Meth. But i'm between a rock and a hard place. I have to go back to school and finish my degree. I absolutely have to be appropriately medicated for that to happen. I suppose I could try and find a new Psychiatrist, but even then chances are he won't put me on an adequate dose right off the bat, if ever.

Either way, Meth seemed to be great at first, but now i'm not getting any dopamine releases. I mean im stimulated, I guess it's better then nothing. But it's not anything close to adderall / Methlphenidate. At first it was identical to adderall, now it's just "meh". Not sure how much longer I'll be using it, just not doing it for me. Is this typical of Meth? Or did I just get a bad batch?

First things first, i'm done with abusing stimulants. Been there, done that. I have no desire to go down that road again.

Secondly, I did run this by my Psychiatrist as a last-chance attempt at getting put on more stimulants - i'm currently on 1 56mg time-release Methylphenidate (prescribed by my Family Physician), but my tolerance is such that I need 3. That and those time-release only work for four hours. I told him I was looking into self medicating with meth because I was going back to school, and desperately needed a bump on my subscription. He responded by raising my dosage of Bupropian 8) (he's too chicken shit to put me back on stimulants after I misused them, even though I have a proven track record on them, he's a young guy)

Trust me, the LAST thing I want to do is use Meth. But i'm between a rock and a hard place. I have to go back to school and finish my degree. I absolutely have to be appropriately medicated for that to happen. I suppose I could try and find a new Psychiatrist, but even then chances are he won't put me on an adequate dose right off the bat, if ever.

Either way, Meth seemed to be great at first, but now i'm not getting any dopamine releases. I mean im stimulated, I guess it's better then nothing. But it's not anything close to adderall / Methlphenidate. At first it was identical to adderall, now it's just "meh". Not sure how much longer I'll be using it, just not doing it for me. Is this typical of Meth? Or did I just get a bad batch?

That's pretty typical, I've heard people call it "The Meth Lie". Your brain simply cannot sustain that level of dopamine release, which is why anyone who doesn't want to become terribly hooked on it takes very frequent breaks, and not just for one day. After I take three or four days off, it works like a charm again for a couple days. Letting your brain recuperate and replenish your Dopamine levels is the key.

So i'm still taking tiny amounts of this "crap" (which is bascially what it feels like). It sure as shit doesn't feel like an amphetamine. I mean at first it did (maybe). But now it just feels like I drank a strong cup of coffee or something. I mean there's some sort of stimulation, but it's more of a weird head-buzz. Definitely not the full-body CNS stimulation i'm used to with amphetamines. Also (as stated before) I take any more then a tiny amount (50mg) and I just feel like absolute shit, I mean the side effects are horrid. More and more I'm starting to seriously question if it was cut with some sort of bathsalt (Mehphedrone?). It did test positive for meth, but sorry guys, there's no way this is even 50% amphetamine, I have a solid decade worth of amphetamine use and abuse to draw on. Amphetamines usually leave you craving for more and more, whatever this crap is has me desiring less and less because of all the absurd side effects. That and it doesn't do anything besides give me some weak head buzz.

Question: What bath salts are Meth usually cut with, and how would I go about removing them? Would a simple anhydrous acetone wash (which I'm planning to do shortly) do the trick?

Also, will Cathinones show up as a positive on a Meth test? (edit: looks like I need a reagent test kit)

Last edit (I swear) based on some research this thread may get locked, as Bluelight doesn't condone substance-ID. Any reason for that? My first inclination is said identification would be beneficial? I'm not looking for an ID from the forum, but I would like to report back in the (likely) event I find bath salt contamination.

Last edited:
Yes it has happened to me with both weed and cocaine. I couldn't do either of them for years. Then once I got sober and started lifting weights/working out I can now enjoy weed recreationally and also take my adhd meds without any issues.

I just have to stay away from the booze, cocaine, and mixing mushrooms/psychedelics with anything.

Nobody makes mephedrone any more, it wouldn't make sense having it present as a cut in meth as it'd cost MORE than the meth itself.

Maybe it'd be cut with methylsulfonylmethane, but that's inert.

So i'm still taking tiny amounts of this "crap" (which is bascially what it feels like). It sure as shit doesn't feel like an amphetamine. I mean at first it did (maybe). But now it just feels like I drank a strong cup of coffee or something. I mean there's some sort of stimulation, but it's more of a weird head-buzz. Definitely not the full-body CNS stimulation i'm used to with amphetamines.
All signs and symptoms point to, in layman's terms, your body being depleted of its easily expendable glucose sources... similar to a runner "hitting the wall" so to speak. Amphetamine users tend to not eat as much as they should for their activity levels, and low blood sugar makes people foggy and slow.

Nobody makes mephedrone any more, it wouldn't make sense having it present as a cut in meth as it'd cost MORE than the meth itself.

Maybe it'd be cut with methylsulfonylmethane, but that's inert.

All signs and symptoms point to, in layman's terms, your body being depleted of its easily expendable glucose sources... similar to a runner "hitting the wall" so to speak. Amphetamine users tend to not eat as much as they should for their activity levels, and low blood sugar makes people foggy and slow.

I'm used to being foggy and slow. I'm used to low dopamine, I'm used to not eating (or hardly eating) for days: I've abused (prescription) amphetamines quite a bit. I've been through amphetamine psychosis, hallucinations, sleeping for 20 hours straight, urine smelling horrid etc. You name it, i've been through it. But i've never experienced anxiety quite like this (granted, the entire time I was abusing adderall I was on Benzo's).

Been off meth for a few days now, as I went back on my Methylphenidate subscription. I take too much of the Methylphenidate and I bug-out too (although nothing compared to when I take too much of the "Meth"). I never had this problem beforehand, prior to this I used to be able to stay up for a couple days popping pills left and right no-problem. Really starting to look like I just over did it with the Meth and exacerbated an underlying heart condition. Shit is powerfull.

Will report back with my reagent test results.

My guess would be that you initially overdid the meth and that sent your tolerance through the roof. Tolerance to stimulants often isn't linear - just a couple days of heavy binging can raise your tolerance more than several months of moderate use. Also don't underestimate the effect of the benzos you were taking with the Adderall, from what I've read over the years it seems it's not uncommon at all for people to rely almost entirely on benzos to offset the crippling anxiety they'd otherwise get from stims; sometimes they don't even realise they're doing it (which can become quite a problem when discontinuing/withdrawing).

Last edited:
Took two weeks off, then did about 100mg today. Works like a charm, 0 side effects. Guess I just did too much initially.

Just another update (and i'll create a more in-depth thread on using Meth for ADD in a month or so) but I still had some mild side effects after doing that initial 100mg dose (not sleeping, anxiety). Decided to use as "prescribed" (think Desoxyn) by taking 5-10mg in the morning and it works like a charm. Just like adderall, but better. And fuck-me does it last a long time, even at low doses. As others advised I was just over-doing it the whole time; for whatever reason I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that such a small amount could be so potent, despite doing some significant research before hand.

Meth is in a league of it's own.

I just recently started using meth again after a five year break from it, as I been a stimulant addict on and off for the last twenty years. I personally feel that meth feels way more cleaner and smoother then Adderall or any traditional amphetamine, and the comedown in my opinion is not as bad as Adderall. Unfortunately impurity is a huge issue as meth is a street drug, so effects vary, I can have a bag of crystal that feels dirty and anxiety stricken like Ritalin or some other dirty stim, or another day I'll get such a good.bag of ice that a half gram will last me 12hrs, I'll feel super clean , super energetic, yet super calm, horny as fuck, anxiety free and feel like a million bucks. Meth is not the drug to abuse and redose because you will have a hundred more problems then you previously did on adderall. You need to control yourself and not redose, or smoke your brains out
If you can be responsible and mature, meth is much more beneficial then regular amphetamine

Just an update, and honestly, I’ve been holding back on such an update because I don’t want a bunch of people thinking they can self-medicate with Meth and copycatting me. It’s just not something I would recommend, unless you meet the following criteria: First and foremost, your willpower and mental strength are in top-notch shape; you’ve been through the horrors of addiction, you’ve lost everything, you’ve hit rock bottom. You know what triggers drug abuse, and you know when those circumstances are in-play. You know where you went wrong the first time, the second time, the 50th time. But now your life has changed such that said triggers are no longer present: You are now a changed individual.

If Adderall isn’t working, and you’re doing well in life, you really need to start abusing Adderall, for years. You really need to lose every last thing you have and then some. Then you need to analyze how it all transpired, analyze what factors led to the abuse, and then make it a point to never repeat those steps again. You have to be incredibly strong, and incredibly determined.

You never snort it, you never smoke it, you never shoot it: You ingest tiny, minuscule, “therapeutic” amounts. You exercise every day, you eat good, healthy food every day, you get at least 5 hours of sleep every night. If you find yourself staying up all night and going to work the next morning: STOP NOW! This isn’t the medication for you, you can’t handle it.

Tell a close friend, I mean a really close friend what you’re attempting to do. Tell him/her to step in if they notice any problems. Make absolutely certain this friend is trustworthy, and won’t repeat anything to anyone!

Last, but not least, you find a good connect. One that sources good, clean Meth. It’s going to cost you, but man-alive, the difference is night-and-day. I can’t emphasize enough how important it Is to get quality, top-notch gear.

My last post was November 28th, 2018, I had just started a new job at a Billion-Dollar Multinational Corporation. It was my first shot at a Corporate Position: 6 Months later, no degree, no real professional experience, and I’m now a critical asset. My name is known across the country, and beyond. I literally go from zero to hero overnight. I’m exchanging email’s with Vice Presidents, (like legit VP’s) I’m exchanging emails with General Counsel, I’m exchanging emails with all kinds of very important people, internally and externally. Big-name US Corporations here. My name is being dropped. I’m now getting random emails from random Directors in other Countries, asking me to handle extremely important tasks. Most everybody I’m working with is making well into 6-figures. I am my own boss, as I have been since day 1. Nobody touches me. Why would you want to? I’m a phenomenon. The awards get old after a while, I mean it’s every other day it seems I’m doing something amazing, finding something amazing, solving something in amazing fashion. Everybody knows my name.

Right at my peak, I mean right at the climax of everything, I hit the grand slams of grand slams: I figure out how to generate a report, a report that shows millions of dollars’ worth of orders on hold, orders dating back to 2004. My Director laughs herself silly upon being informed. “Wow, just wow” - I believe those were the exact words she repeated several times over, in absolute disbelief.

At 9-months in I get fired for making a comment to a woman I shouldn’t have. In no way-shape-or-form should I have been terminated. In no way-shape-or-form was Company Policy followed. Shockwaves go out when my termination is announced: I’m immediately inundated with calls/texts from coworkers in disbelief, how on earth could you fire me? I was a phenomenon, a leader, an amazing guy! People are jumping at the chance to be one of my references.

I’ve come so far at this point that I’m not worried: I’ve made friends in high places, a few in really high places. I send a few emails out. An Investigation is formally opened by a member of the leadership team. As in one of the people you see listed on the “Leadership” page of a Corporations website. This is a billion-dollar corporation.

3 Months later the person responsible for my termination is terminated himself: I have a shot at getting my job back.

Self-Medicating ADHD with Meth: It can be done. But please be careful.

Self-medicating ADHD with Meth is not just playing with fire, it’s playing with atomic fusion.

Last but not least, no matter how successful you are, no matter how well it’s working, never dare tell a soul you’re using Meth: It will cause you no end of shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.