• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I have a psychological addiction to escaping sobriety

Thank god someone else said it

The Honeybadger that sometimes sleeps in my garbage has been feeling like this for years, and had never been able to figure out what it?s about. Her inexperienced 1 year out from graduation therapist thinks it?s her trying to get away from anxiety (when you?ve killed as many people as she has, you?d understand) but she knows there?s more to it, but was never able to find anyone else talking about it until now.

She drank for years heavily, then got into opiates, then poppy seeds (don?t laugh or disregard it until you?ve tried it). Every other ?sober? period was filled with Kratom and/or Gabapentin to just having something to look forward to during the day. Any ex addict could tell you (funny as I transcribe this she?s never used the word addict before when describing herself) there?s nothing like quitting to make your days boring and uneventful when you don?t have a daily dose to wake up to in the morning/early afternoon.

Gotta go, she?s run off and has a tendency to destroy squirrel nests when having any personal realization. Steve?s always her first target so I better intervene.

- Honeybadger don?t care