Adderall and MAOI Combo

Swim15

Bluelighter
This may or may not be the right place to post but was curious on if anyone could chime in on this topic.

I am prescribed adderall and frequently use tobacco (dip due to the fact its discrete) to increase its effects and duration while studying due to the nicotine and MAIO content. Adderall pretty much puts me at the baseline of where most people would be (from my observations) and so I use the tobacco/nicotine/MAIO to boost that up a little when needed as it is one of the few things that really helps me focus in for long periods of time (8-12+ hours).

I am trying get away from tobacco use specifically for health reasons although I have never had any addiction problems with it and was looking into doing an extraction that I then infuse into hard candy.

Looking into this it seems like an extraction from syrian rue is going to be a much more viable alternative. I was wondering if anyone could comment on the effects and, more so, the dose of syrian rue extract along with the dose of adderall which would be reduced - specifically how dangerous it would be potentially if doses were kept low and if anyone had any experience with anything similar.

NOTE - I am not recommending anyone try this, just looking for some general info as these combos can be dangerous.

I'm assuming you already know all the contra-indications for mixing MAOIs with any kind of stimulant or serotonergic, so I won't labour that point, but you really should bear it in mind if you plan to try dosing anything together.

From a personal point of view, I question whether MAOIs will actually help with boosting effects (even though it seems, on paper, that they should). I've used both moclobemide (a reversible MAOI) and selegiline (irreversible MAO-B) to try and 'boost' adderall, and they both made me noticeably tired/sleepy every time, unless I dosed virtually nothing, which can be assumed to not really be doing anything anyway.

Interesting and yes, very aware.

I definitely notice a massive kick when I add tobacco (but not anywhere near as muc with nitcotine by itself) so I figured the added boost was from the MAOI content.

Will keep doing a little digging

What's the maoi they use in ayahuasca? I think it harmala which is the same found in tobacco? May be worth sourcing that to get a more pure source of the maoi. Though personally, I wouldn't ever mess with maoi's due to their contraindications.