• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Mandrax powder testing (Quaalude/Methaqualone)

Lem714

Greenlighter
Hi,
After a long search I sourced what I?m told is South African Mandrax powder. It?s just white powder, and extensive googling has not provided a Mandrax test kit. Can anybody help me? I?d like to know it is what I?m told it is before taking it. All comments appreciated ?

It's a little strange to me that such a substance would be sold as "South African Mandrax Powder"... is it supposed to be crushed up Mandrax pills? If not, surely it would just be sold as methaqualone.

Anyway it's not surprising you weren't able to find a test kit for this substance which is somewhat rare these days, outside South Africa, anyway. Your best bet is to find an independent lab that you can send a small sample to. There are various ones around, some of which accept anonymous samples. A little more googling and you should be able to find one. ;)

Thank you... you are right of course. It came from a ?speciality? source. Best I?ve been able to find is a saliva test, but one assumes you need to ingest the substance first. I?ll dig a little harder?

Considering how exceedingly rare methaqualone is outside of South Africa, I would expect it to be an analogue or similar impostor compound. I would strongly recommend getting a proper lab test because even if it's the real deal, it will be made in a clandestine lab and some of the impurities can be quite harmful.

Sorry to revive a thread that's a few months old. However I wanted to explain why OP used the name "South African Mandrax powder"

Mandrax is a popular street drug in certain parts is SA. To most of us it's known In it's pill form and by it's commercial name Quaalude.

There are several theories about the existance of the drug in SA, while it's nearly impossible to find outside SA. It's also debatable whether the street product Mandrax sold nowadays is still methaqualone or just an intoxicating and addictive substance which is made by a poor attempt to synthesize it.

There was definitely a huge political conflict behind the mass production of methaqualone after it was banned pretty much everywhere. A lot of the theories are conspiracy theories though. Even books have been written about it.

But the fact remains that huge quantities were made in government labs, stored somewhere and subsequently ended up on the streets.
But that was over 2 decades ago.

Vice made a video about the production methods used nowadays. I'd rather luck the raw coca paste off of a Peruvian coca farmer's toes than to use the stuff they were making.

But naming it quaalude or methaqualone or even Quaalude is not correct I believe.
It is indeed sold in SA as a powder, not as pills and goes by the name Mandrax, not it's chemical or brand name.

It's a great topic if you're bored and want to be sucked into a google/youtube vortex for hours.