• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

ETH-LAD 50 mics - First Time - Can't wait for the re-match!

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
This was my first time with ETH-LAD, although two weeks ago I ate a 1/4 tab to test the waters and immediately spat it out, as it had a sour taste to it. Not strong, but enough to make me wonder about and, spit out within about 20 seconds. The paper was still stiff, and as it was just a 1/4 tab of 100 ug, I would at best have absorbed 10-15. I did notice a bit of enhanced colour, but the sun was setting and I was camping, so that's always pretty.
Other than that spit-out experience (can't believe I did that, bring on the mocking!!!), this was my first ETH-LAD trip, proper.

---

Substance: ETH-LAD blotters, dosed at 100 ug. I cut one in half, then in half again, for two 25 ug triangles. The white blotters are labeled ETH-LAD in black. They are perforated and the usual RC vendor size. The rear has part of the chemical formula in black as well (don't have a whole sheet to confirm). The paper is very slightly yellowish and has a slightly sour taste. Incidentally, the same Canadian vendor has 1P-LSD blotters with a very slightly blue colour to the blotter, on the front labeled side. I'd love to know what these colourings indicate, but that's another thread.

ROA: Oral. Disolved on tongue; 25 ug followed 45 minutes later by second 25 ug for total of 50 ug. (This helped me feel NO COMEUP at all)

Background: Good health, active, mid forties, eating well and taking magnesium drops fairly regularly. Used psychs since the late 80s, took a break for the past 20 years, now getting back into it. Lately I've tried 1P-LSD, 4-HO-MET, and 5-MeO-MiPT, and want to make my way around the remaining Lysergamides, as I'm finding this to be a rediscovery period and am loving the injection of productivity and creativity it's providing.

---

The Trip:
I ate the first 1/4 tab at 1:48pm after having a good breakfast and lunch that day. Drank plenty of water and did my drops of Magnesium as well. I got that taste of sour something, just minor, but there.
I started working on a song that'd be ongoing throughout this trip, and around 20 minutes in I noticed a sparkle. Light was brighter and the screen started to look very sharp.

At about 2:30, I enthusiastically ate the second 1/4 tab, as I was pretty sure I was liking where this was going and wanted the next level. I continued to work on the song and the music did its normal amazing thing on Lyserics, which is to say it sounded great. But I started having trouble determining which take was good/better than another. Everything sounded great, but tiny flaws were more revealed in this state, so choosing a selection as the best take of a particular passage was next to impossible. Thanks to digital, that's not an issue anymore, so we kept it all (Next day listening proved it was all nearly identical; all takes were viable and good).

Around 3:30 I started to notice slight waviness in my vision and if I stared at the carpet, could see typical minute wriggling of fibres and the early formations of crude patterning. Colours had become very bright and I could almost see fractal overlays on blank surfaces, if I stared long enough. It was almost as if my mind's eye was seeing these things, and not yet fully allowing my eye's eye to see them yet -- like I'd need another 25 or 50 mics to get to that point, or at least that's what the LAD suggested to me at the time.

Ate a veggie lasagna at about 5pm for dinner and enjoyed it immensely. Would have had seconds, but was able to listen to my mind that told me to wait. A note here: I'm the type of person who usually hates eating or looking at food on Lysergics or other Tryptamine(s). This compound actually seemed to enhance my appetite, and I will be looking to see this effect in my following trips with ETH.

After dinner, I mixed for another 2 hours, then suddenly I was instantly baseline again. So it was about 7:30pm and that makes the trip about 6 hours or so, much shorter than my acid trips in the 90s. Bored, I decided to melt into TV land. I watched some Kath n' Kim then capped off the night with Dune (hadn't seen that yet!). Dune makes me think about DMT! By the end of the movie, I was totally yawning and tired. Easy sleep.

---

Conclusion: I simply can't wait to have another go at this. I'm going to take 100 ug next time, as this was so amazing and gentle that I know the full tab at once will give me what I'm after. That is beautiful visuals, and zero body load. I can't think of a time I've had these effects without the typical acid feelings. I did get a couple full body shivers, but it was cold outside and raining when I took the garbage out. But other than that, no stomach stuff, no tightness, no tingling at ALL. I love that. Maybe that's a diet thing and a mental thing, and maybe it's a LAD thing. Whatever it is, more TRs will help narrow these things down.

I am actually thinking this might be the best substance for a first-time psychedelic trip, of the ones I've tried. It's got the least negative effects (AT THESE LOW, or COMMON dosages), I've seen of anything and by far the most visuals. It was also quite dreamlike and gave me the feeling of inter-conecetdedness I crave from Lysergics. Definitely glad to have acquired, will make amazing micro-dose material, as well as that "extra day" stuff.

BTW, I'm so glad this place exists! But it makes me think about and appreciate the psychonauts of the early days, and the shamen of the ancient days. Those were brave souls and those experiences were species-changing forever.
Thanks, Bluelight!
3.gif

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ethlad
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, thanks for sharing! ETH-LAD is a beautiful one, for sure. It gets very visual at stronger doses. But still, very calm. The mental state reminds me of mescaline somewhat.

Mescaline is one I have been searching for. Had to settle with San Pedro and did not eat enough. Next time, a full tab of the LAD.

Thanks for sharing! Despite not really gelling with LSD, HBW seeds, or AL-LAD, I have to say ETH-LAD intrigues me. One day, I may bite the bullet and invest the time and money to explore some.

Yeah, just to at least have a 5 strip on hand, in deep storage would be a blessed thing.

If you don't gel with AL-LAD, was it a discomfort thing, or you just disliked the effects, or didn't get anything from the trip? If I might ask, what was the dose you had of AL? I want to try that Lysergamide next, or right after ALD-52 (and 1B which is out now).

My experience with AL-LAD doesn't seem common. Here's a link to my report:

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/thread...g-Visions-Surrender-to-Hyperanytical-Doldrums

Interestingly, when I think back on the esoteric, I've forgotten about all of the physical side-effects. The impression that has stuck with me and prevented me from revisiting it was the hyperanalytical headspace and afterglow. It just didn't feel cognitively healthy to me, kind of like the persisting delusional afterglow I got from holing in ketamine made me want to stay away from it.

Oh any my friend who really seemed to like it at the time reflected on the experience and to my surprise decided never to revisit it, as well. Most people think it's pretty fun, but a little bit shallow from what I can tell. ETH-LAD, on the other hand, sounds like a rich, full, deep, and therapeutic lysergamide...for those that like them.

Was going to do a combo 1p and eth next week, but now maybe thinking a 200ug eth trip first before combining. Let like that dose would be pretty full and rich.

Ok what was I thinking? I figured it had been 4 days, so my tolerance was at play. I ate 50 ug 1p-lsd and 25 ug eth-lad. 2 hours later I was really hoping it would be over soon. At exactly 3 hours in, I puked.
Done acid more times than I can count, but never mixed before. Until I puked, it was as if the two were fighting for control of my nervous system and my temp did swing wildly! I was sweating one minute freezing the next. Feeling fine now, minutes after the purge. Like peyote?

Anyway, I will not be repeating this and do not recommend.

It has been only 3 hours 45 minutes since I dropped, and that is all she wrote. Must be vomiting because by rights I should still be tripping for a few more hours.

. . . In case anyone was wondering, it has been another couple hours and I am swapping between hot and cold body temps. It is real, my wife felt me feverish and coated in sweat. This really sucks.
Not a bad trip, just insane body confusion. Cannot get comfortable no matter what I do. Waves are reducing but way slower than I want.

never ever again!

BTW, this is why you shouldn’t do live trip reports. But it’s helping me keep distracted.
Thanks,

. . . Now starting to be able to stabilize, perhaps even sleep. It has been seven hours. The last six were absolute hell. Think I made it. Phew!

Last edited:
Wow, crazy! That's a really low dose. I've combined the two at about double that dose and had a really nice time before.

I know, and like I say, done major league doses of L before, but my body did not like the mix. I will do a proper tr later. Just glad to be over that one.