• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very intense shaking and muscle spasms on DMT!

Grigore

Bluelighter
I've vaped DMT a few times now and I'm facing a problem of serious concern.

The muscle spasms and full body twitching that I experience during my trips are so intense that I almost always get afraid of dying and cling unto life itself. That's why I'm afraid of taking a breakthrough dose.

Fortunately, the shaking ends when the trip wears off.

Almost always, I start shivering before taking DMT and that's because I get really nervous about it.

As a matter of fact, I get this kind of twitching from cannabis too, along with intense paranoia and delusions EVERY SINGLE TIME I smoke (that's why I no longer smoke it).

I always laid down on my bed immediately after vaping, next time I'll try staying in the lotus position as it might influence the chi energy discharge through my body, I guess. (Read about it somewhere and it makes some kind of sense, yet it definetely isn't the single factor).

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

Is there any risk to actually overdose and die, have a heart attack or anything like that?

I ask this because my body gives me signals that this is what's going to happen if I keep trying to push the limit.

Will I eventually breakthrough instead of dying?

What's the risk of these very intense tremors and muscle spasms? I feel the need to repeat, they are INTENSE and uncontrollable. They come and go every few seconds.

Thank you!

Peace and love YUPII! Big grin

Maybe try to relax before blasting off and remember that no one died of smoking cannabis nor DMT?

Maybe try to relax before blasting off and remember that no one died of smoking cannabis nor DMT?

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, yet, I'm afraid of having an underlying condition maybe, due to the fact that I haven't ever undergone such an intense body reaction before nor witnessed something like this.

I appreciate every piece of advice/feedback as I'm quite puzzled about how I should approach DMT again.

I'm not sure of what I do wrong, apart from being afraid of dying, that's the single (hopefully) irrational thing that comes into my mind.

You could die from vaping DMT, or any psychedelic, its just not easy, psychedelics lower the seizure threshold, a seizure could kill you, psychedelics especially DMT raise blood pressure a lot, if you have artherosclerosis or hypertension you could have a stroke or a heart attack, if you are an otherwise relatively healthy individual and young its almost impossible that you would die due to vaping DMT.

If you're getting the exact same symptoms from cannabis it's an energetic/psychosomatic issue.

Thank you very much for your replies!
I'll be taking everything in consideration and deepen my research into the possibility of it being an energetic/psychosomatic issue.

Once again, thank you! Positive vibes YEY!

Unfortunately as much as I love vaped DMT, I do believe people can die from it. As with anything so intense and overwhelming, the body can give out.

I didn't witness this personally because I left before it happened but this occurred amongst my group of friends. Please note we are all highly experienced trippers.

It was the last day of a festival, pretty much everyone had left including myself except a small group of people. One girl had been doing excessive amounts of ketamine that weekend and decided to smoke some DMT.

Immediately after taking the hit she started having full blown seizures and other fucked up symptoms I can't remember at the moment. They waited a bit hoping she'd come out of it but she remained in super tight rigid position in the ground and wasn't coming to.

Eventually one guy I knew decided enough was enough despite others saying to wait and got the medic. I hate to say this but some of the people told the medic to fuck off and to "allow her to have her experience." I understand where there coming from but if some girl seizes then remains unresponsive for longer than your average DMT trip you gotta worry.

About one hour after initial dosing she was carted off in an ambulance still completely unresponsive. She turned out ok but I worry what would have happened if there wasn't a medic so close by or the wrong people watching her.

DMT is a medicine from the gods that we should cherish but if used in the wrong way sometimes it has no mercy. I don't doubt it could kill, albeit very rarely.

With that said, most deaths likely come from the inability to comprehend what's going on in normal reality then doing something stupid. I knew a guy who flopped onto a glass table after vaping 100mg of highly potent shit, cut himself badly. To be fair he said he lived multiple lives during that trip so couldn't of been all bad.

-GC

Some friends, crazy story. That is an example of why there should be somebody sober present, they would have got a medic immediately.

DMT is the only psych I can think of that has never had any side effects on me at all during or after the trip. I never combined it with anything though. Physically, the drug sedates me into a journey through my mind until I wake up feeling like I took a nap. I could take it daily and sometimes do, but not for over a year now. Chillest psych ever, even at high doses. Better for a relaxing candlelit bedroom more than a festival, I wouldn't know where I was. I have never felt any sort of tension at 60mg+, but half a hit of acid will already make me physically tense with nausea and other side effects so I'm probably an anomaly, finding DMT and 5-meo-dmt to be the most comfortable ones.

^^^Let me guess, you smoke highly pure white/clear DMT correct? I get many of exact same effects. In fact I've been so relaxed during my experiences I actually fallen asleep only to awaken in the morning with my GVG still on my stomach haha.

I ask though because I find these effects you speak of only with cleaner morepure DMT, and also plant source can effect it as well too. For instance smoke some higher purity Acacia confusa DMT and it feels like your drifting off in a cloud whereas smoke some impure waxy Chaliponga DMT and prepare for intensity and a stern lesson in humility. And then there's DMT pipe resin which feels like your being shredded apart as the carrier wave throws you into chaos.

Then there is the mindstate of said user. If your happy with your direction in life typically DMT magnifies that for you and gives you this feeling of gratefulness.

Also I should correct and say acquaintances with some friends mixed in on that last story. The guy I know best was the only one to see there was a problem. I can understand however from there perspective that sometimes people need awhile to come out of a DMT experience but if your gut is telling you something is wrong it's best to listen.

-GC

I got nothing like that when i ingested lightly yellow-white synthetic DMT.

Could it be from everything you previously experimented with? [ which we should know is a lot right? ]

In general - very generally: if you have previously gotten seizures etc you are much much more prone to getting them again esp from same triggers. And that is just one of the simple versions of what could be happening to you here.

I cannot take nitrous on acid anymore for this reason.

Don't revere DMT for the wrong reasons - just like 5-MeO-DMT it can cause tremors and shaking and *many* more physical effects. I am not saying either that they are life-threatening but DMT is another psychedelic like other tryptamines but with serious pharmacokinetics.
So yea it will exacerbate tensions and a whole lot more if you are not approaching and handling it on a proper line - tryptamines in general are widely known for causing funky muscle effects / legs such as tremors / energetic feelings breaking out or other stuff.

It's complicated just like trying to fall asleep can be, and also just as paradoxical but you better try to relax before and during and otherwise hold off

Last edited:
Aww! I'm glad to see you around Solipsis!

Few more years have passed and surprisingly, I'm still alive and of course that you too tihi!

I managed to gradually overcome the tremors and I linked them to the body position and mindset.

The solution was to vape in the lotus position instead of lying down, while listening to celestial angel music, with a positive mindset and alone.

In my case, the fact that I had a trip sitter made matters worse because I don't care much about dying alone, yet I always worried about getting someone in trouble by having him as a trip sitter. Quite funny, yet true in my case.

And about the experience: the elves and jesters are simply amazing.

Once I had the sudden realization that they aren't a product of my mind and they just use other forms of communication which are not based on sounds, they all jumped on me and cheered like: ''hooray, this dude finally understood what he's actually seeing'' lol.

That world is so lovely though, returning there after dying would be quite the best gift after life.

psychedelics especially DMT raise blood pressure a lot, if you have artherosclerosis or hypertension you could have a stroke or a heart attack, if you are an otherwise relatively healthy individual and young its almost impossible that you would die due to vaping DMT.
Hi

Does anyone have links to studies that confirm this?

I'm not asking about personal intuitions, although individual testimonies of increased blood pressure are welcome. I would like to see actual scientific references.
It's for someone who had stents placed after a minor stroke.

Thanks

^^^Pretty sure there was one concerning incident during Rick Strassman's DMT trials but it's been more than a few years since I read his book. I'd have to look back over again.

-GC