• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

common weed which contains cannabinoid!?

Not new,
Even reported here like years ago, feels like a weak weed but very similar feeling

The lichen is just THC with a phenyl attached to the tail end.
As phenyl is an EWG it should enhance activity, but the tail now is too long, so it instead diminished.

Not new,
Even reported here like years ago, feels like a weak weed but very similar feeling
pretty sure people even discussed trying to dry/smoke the moss but we were afraid there would be other toxic constituents/unknown metabolic fate of perittoteneine.

but the boingboing article is completely wrong about it being non-psychoactive; like Wikipedia says it's a CB1 ligand and that's the major dude weed lmao receptor.

I noticed this news report on sciencenews.org a few days ago and also noted the slightly misleading thing that another plant, a blue flower that grows in forests here in Scandinavia and is slightly poisonous, is also called with the common name "liverwort". I hope no one eats those flowers in the hope of getting high...

There's also some newly found chemical component in black pepper, called guineesine, which produces cannabis-like effects on rats and mice when injected intraperitoneally. I think it's inactive when taken orally, just like anandamide, and I don't think there's many people who hold the cannabinoid high in such high regard that they would learn the i.p. injection technique just because of that, but interesting nonetheless.

yeah, as usual, novel compound found and nobody wants to risk with, its obscurity and means of acquiring. this one doesnt seem like it will take over at all any time soon, just like thousand of other novel compounds i have found and posted about in the past 10 years.
anyway, i still find it an interesting find, one more to add to the collection :)

I think there was a problem with the liverwort plant producing so little of the active compound that you need a lot of extraction to get it in reasonably pure form. Maybe it's possible to somehow produce a strain that has more perrotetinene in it.

Interesting, nonetheless.
Enjoy seeing these type of research results.

Wish the common dandelion was found to contain a dissociative or similiar :)