Technical Problem Overloaded PM mailbox from when I used to be a mod...

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
There's some messages in there I want to keep, same as my Sent box, but I sometimes get contacted...wouldn't know why since I have so little time as opposed to the shitty years when I was on Methadone and the kinda high dosage Suboxone and all the bad side effects they caused me and the meds scripted for the side effects created other issues, thanks for the support, but I'm now almost off Suboxone and soon to be switched to the pain clinic a few doors away in the same hospital.

Anyways, is there a way for me to download my PM box? I admit to not have looked right now because I don't remember that being an option. I keep getting emails that I got a PM, sometimes from users I know, that also tell me to clean up my inbox. Well, the site has been curated (and I saved a lot of threads using the turn into PDF function of Iridium (an open source chrome based browser...pretty much like Chromium in Linux....I know one can install Chrome in Linux but I have no idea why someone would do that!).

So..do I have to delete everything (or painstakingly save them one by one using the method I just mentioned) to get new PM's or even send one? Thanks.

there's a download link at the bottom of the inbox page.

alasdair

Though downloading as text is confusing. I wonder if there is a way to do it that removes vbcode somehow.

Of course, you could screenshot every single PM. :\

Text downloads are okay, how are you my petal anyway?

Xx

I wonder if there is a way to do it that removes vbcode somehow.
i'm not aware of one but how big a problem is it? often would you be referring to old, downloaded pms anyway?

i used to use an offline reader for downloaded pms but i found i revisited them so infrequently, downloading as text worked just fine: vbulletin pm reader

alasdair

And, if downloaded by text, it wouldn't be too much to use a search-and-replace to remove a lot of the more common vb codes (smilies, bold, etc).

Thanks, I'll look up for that vbulletin pm tool, alasdairm. I guess vbcode could be distracting, but I could curate that myself with some easy scripting.