Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - Why Drug Dealers Are the Wrong People to Blame for the Overdose Crisis

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Why Drug Dealers Are the Wrong People to Blame for the Overdose Crisis
Tessie Castillo
Filter
October 23rd, 2018

Tyrique Wise was working at his self-owned painting and pressure washing business in Southern Shores, North Carolina, when the police came for him. The officer who slapped handcuffs on his wrists said that he was under arrest for a drug charge. Once in court, Tyrique found out what the charge really was: murder.

Tyrique protested. He had never killed anyone. Since his early 20s he had served probation a couple of times for possession of illicit drugs with intent to sell, but he had never been arrested for a violent crime.

When a judge read 32-year-old Tyrique the possible sentence that accompanied the charges--life in prison--the words took his breath away. As two of his relatives, who visit him weekly in jail, described to me, his thoughts flashed first to his 14-year-old daughter, Destiny, whom he had raised from infancy as a single father. Who would take care of her now?

Details surrounding the charge came out later. Earlier that day, April 16, 2018, personnel with the Dare County Sheriff's Office had responded to a 911 call reporting an overdose in the small coastal town of Wanchese, North Carolina. The 22-year-old woman who had overdosed on heroin was taken to the hospital, treated and released. Later that afternoon, deputies received a second call for an overdose at the same residence. By the time they arrived to resuscitate a 40-year-old man, it was too late to save his life.

Deputies questioned the young woman who had previously overdosed about where she had obtained the heroin and her answers led them straight to Tyrique Wise. He was charged with second-degree murder. His trial date is set for December 3.

Read the full story here.

Same exact thing happened with prohibition of alcohol that is happening with opioids and fent.

We learned nothing from that mistake though

Great article. There are going to be some excellent books written about this time period in the future.

Like the article says. I used to sell small amounts of heroin to support my habit and I never looked at myself as a drug dealer. Also on a similar idea we don't prosecute the store that sells alcohol when someone dies of alcohol poisoning. It's just the latest wrinkle to try and pull public support back in to a dying war.

Great article. There are going to be some excellent books written about this time period in the future.

Like the article says. I used to sell small amounts of heroin to support my habit and I never looked at myself as a drug dealer. Also on a similar idea we don't prosecute the store that sells alcohol when someone dies of alcohol poisoning. It's just the latest wrinkle to try and pull public support back in to a dying war.

isn't there some way that if you serve alcohol at a party and someone kills someone driving home from your party drunk that they can charge the parties host? i've heard such things but don't know if its trum

I've heard of that happening if the person served was underage. But I dont really know if they could otherwise. I would hope not that would be stupid.

isn't there some way that if you serve alcohol at a party and someone kills someone driving home from your party drunk that they can charge the parties host? i've heard such things but don't know if its trum
these laws do exist, you can also be charged if your a bartender or such and serve to someone who's already drunk or even not of legal age, but the point is i can think of numerous cases where people have been prosecuted for selling or providing alcohol