European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The Wire

apocalypse_when

Bluelighter
Since it's a drug based drama I suppose its relevent (more so than my re-heating pizza thread was anyway lol)..

Have many of you guys watched it? I've just got into it recently and can honestly say its one of the best TV series I've ever watched, thats out of any series, not just drug themed ones.

Opinions anyone? Favourite character? Favourite scene etc?

Love it, my favourite show of all time, too many amazing elements to cite but my favourite moment is...

'basically some Day Of The Jackal type motherfucker'.

I could not breath after first seeing that scene it was so hilarious. Omar testifying against Bird is another one, but I could be here all day with this.

One of the best things that BBC2 stuck on for some time when it went out on air the first time around.
If anyone likes The Wire I can suggest a series they are showing now on Channel 4 called Alex, it is part of Walter Presents, it is one of the most gritty dramas I have seen in some time, it is shot in Sweden. If you like The Bridge also it is worth checking out, I was actually sitting on the edge of my sofa in suspence of how good it was.

Love it, my favourite show of all time, too many amazing elements to cite but my favourite moment is...

'basically some Day Of The Jackal type motherfucker'.

I could not breath after first seeing that scene it was so hilarious. Omar testifying against Bird is another one, but I could be here all day with this.

Omar testifying against Bird was probably my favourite part of the entire show...

PROSECUTOR: "What exactly do for a living Mr. Little?"

OMAR: "I rip and run"

PROSECUTOR: "Yooouuu????"

OMAR: "I robz drug dealerz"

Hahahaha... Ded :) :) :)

robs drug dealers"

Last edited:

Also, Gbenga Akinnagbe's character Chris Partlow is chilling as fuck. This scene here is fucking terrifying...

"Don't fret boss, I've got you covered... Quick and clean, I promise"

Last edited:
I liked The Corner almost as much as The Wire. You can find it free on the 'ol pootube

[video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyv9Im-OzjbQzExNc621qz88u3Z5w3SLx[/video]

snoop getting the nail gun. snoop in general.

best show ever, except for possibly the sopranos.

corner was based on the wire it's good very good also a lot of these actors took different roles in The Wire

The Wire was banging and makes me feel nostalgic thinking about the golden days of HBO and TV drama, there is so much trash on the box now with Netflix and other operators watering down the quality and crapping out new sows every week.

What character do you associate yourself with? Bub's is a obvious choice but I think I have a bit of Marlo in me too.