• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

SSRI + Vyvanse + caffeine AND selegiline or D-deprynyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marketing

Greenlighter
SSRI + Vyvanse + caffeine AND selegiline

Hi, I noticed some threads covering some of these drugs, but my cousin take these for ADHD and Bipolar 2. He wants to add either selegiline or deprynl to potentiate the vyvanse. I'm stuck on vyvanse for the doc that I have.

Current Stack:
50mg Vyvanse daily
300mg Seroquel daily
1350mg Lithium Carbonate
60mg Prozac daily
200-400mg Caffeine daily

I'm thinking about adding selegiline for greater effect until I can go back to Dexedrine.

Last edited:
No. Bad idea. This isn't a " I think i'll just try" situation. There are many ways this can go bad. Bad idea, IMO.

Agree with Speed King. FYI it's not either or; Deprenyl IS the brand name for selegiline. You're asking for Hypertensive Crisis !

Google is your friend.Stay safe

Thanks, that is helpful. What if I were to safely get off vyvanse and replace it with selegiline/deprynl: how much would one intake to get the effects of 40mg Dexedrine?

Okay so I know I'm rehashing what others have said. That is way dangerous, that combination of an MAOI and a stimulant. It is only rarely prescribed, and when done so, is extremely carefully used. Forget trying to attempt the combo solo.

If you're taking a stimulant for medication and it doesn't feel sufficient, you're free to let your doctor know. But this kind of question makes me think you're just looking for a buzz. This is no joke. People die from these combinations. If you take both of these and feel a headache in the back of your head, you are close to a hypertensive crisis and a stroke. It's true what they say, when it comes to a stroke: time lost is brain list.

Tell your doctor the truth of what you are experiencing, and let them treat you.

Stimulants work for ADHD, and the risk of adding an MAOI for whatever tiny effect on ADHD it might have (if any), isn't worth it. Stimulants are prescribed as standalone medications for ADHD. If you really want to get your ADHD under control, ask about non-stimulant medications for ADHD. They have a decent few of them now that can work with stimulants.

So selegiline is not a stimulant, but is an MAOI with some other minor effects. It also has different metabolites when taken orally vs. as the Emsam patch. Emsam is a relatively safe MAOI for depression. It's not a stimulant. There is no equivalency between it and lisdexamphetamine. Just this means that you really don't know much of what you're doing, no offense...

Rinse. Repeat. and so on.

I have bipolar type 2 and the concern is that I'd cycle more into hypomania with vyvanse + my SSRI. They will not raise my vyvanse dose at this time. I am looking to get my brain looked at by a neurologist in an attempt to prove that I do not abuse stimulants. Thanks for all the input.

If anyone has other input on how to potentiate besides the supplement of caffeine, feel free to chime in.

Thanks, that is helpful. What if I were to safely get off vyvanse and replace it with selegiline/deprynl: how much would one intake to get the effects of 40mg Dexedrine?

You can't replace vyvanse with selegiline. One is a stimulant (more specifically a prodrug for d-amphetamine), the other is an MAO inhibitor (it partially metabolizes into l-methamphetamine; however, unlike d-meth, l-meth doesn't produce a desirable CNS stimulation).

Also, selegiline could still give you hypomania, especially if you take enough for it to start inhibiting not just MAO-B but also MAO-A.

The safest replacement for 40mg of dexedrine would probably be ~80mg of vyvanse.

Hi, I noticed some threads covering some of these drugs, but my cousin take these for ADHD and Bipolar 2. He wants to add either selegiline or deprynl to potentiate the vyvanse. I'm stuck on vyvanse for the doc that I have.

Current Stack:
50mg Vyvanse daily
300mg Seroquel daily
1350mg Lithium Carbonate
60mg Prozac daily
200-400mg Caffeine daily

I'm thinking about adding selegiline for greater effect until I can go back to Dexedrine.

I love how your post was about your cousin but subconsciously switched to yourself hahaha. Dont go SWIMming, you will obviously drown ?

You can't replace vyvanse with selegiline. One is a stimulant (more specifically a prodrug for d-amphetamine), the other is an MAO inhibitor (it partially metabolizes into l-methamphetamine; however, unlike d-meth, l-meth doesn't produce a desirable CNS stimulation).

Also, selegiline could still give you hypomania, especially if you take enough for it to start inhibiting not just MAO-B but also MAO-A.

The safest replacement for 40mg of dexedrine would probably be ~80mg of vyvanse.

Thank you for that insight.

Your prescribing doctor can do a cheek swab test, to see exactly what medication works for you.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.