• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can?t get high, only puts me to sleep

Legally High

Bluelighter
Phenibut, gabapentin, kratom, if I take enough for an effect of either separate, I just fall asleep. Not even a pleasant I want to fall asleep, but I HAVE to pass out. My throat gets all nasally like it is snoring. And I do lots of caffeine to avoid sleep. Today I am going to not take any, hopefully I won?t be a nervous wreak.

Which really sucks because I want to feel good for work but taking more will just make me even more sleepy :(

I had the same problem with heroin, actually.

And benzos and pain killers, too.

Just curious - do you enjoy stimulants? Because it may just be your chemistry that reacts better to stims than to downers.

I have ADHD script, and I can?t say the anxiety is worth it for me. Part of the issue with these things may be some physical issue such as kidney overload. If u take too a much of any of these I can get a nasty itchy feeling throughout.

Phenibut and probably Gabapentin would act like that way I presume. But for me Kratom is productional medicine and for it to be used as sleeping agent would require me to be wired on some stimulant. Otherwise high dosages would make me sick and that's not really promoting rest offcourse. But on stims I can gain some relaxation from it enough to help me sleep, don't go overboard on the dosage either as it can and will provoke puking.

My dexamphetamine causes me no additional anxiety. I am less anxious on therapeutic dosages then without it. Methylphenidate most certainly did cause a stress reaction. Maybe that's the cullprit baseline anxiety? Wrong meds?

Phenibut at high doses basically makes me pass out and get that nasally feeling and I snore horribly on it when I do sleep. If I so much as sit down when I?ve done that much Phenibut, I nod. It?s not the same as an opiate nod but looks the same from an outside person.

How do you feel when you take your ADHD med at the same time as the gabapentin, phenibut or kratom? Combining stims and anxiolytics (within reason, of course) gives good results for some people, the idea being that the downer reduces the anxiety caused by the stim, and the stim counteracts the sleepiness cause by the downer.