• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long do Lorazepam's Effects Last And when does Withdrawal Start?

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I have Read Lorazepam can last for 4 to 8 Hours And I Am using 2MG White Oval APO 2 Pills.... I do not know what the Brand Name is Called But I use the Lorazepam Sublingually I do Not know how much if it at all Effects the duration of Effects since I do know it takes Effect Fully in 15 Minutes with Sublingual use compared to 60 Minutes for Oral use.

Will one Single Daily Dose Last Long enough before Withdrawal Symptoms begin?

The brand name of lorazepam is "Ativan". But generics are just as effective as brand-name.

The half life of lorazepam is fairly long, Wiki says effects may last 12-24 hours. It probably depends on dosage and how tolerant you are.

I think it is 12-24 Hours for Withdrawal to occur ASSUMING THAT IS CORRECT, It is Based on from what I Read from A quick Google Search that is the Time Frame But Active Drug Half-Life And Elimination Drug Half-Life are both 2 different questions I Am asking.

Well Clonazepam I know for A Fact to last about 6 to 12 Hours so I know for Fact to that Lorazepam is not as Long Acting as Clonazepam so the Effects can't last as long as 6-12 Hours.

I Am getting MANY CONFLICTING times of duration for Effect And I just want to know what is the MINIMUM Amount of Effect And Maximum from an Amount of ACTIVE DRUG in the body And not just people claiming they feel the Benzo no longer after A certain time cause they are Subtle Drugs.

My experience with both short and long acting benzos is that the withdrawals begin at roughly the same point. For me, if I'm expecting moderate to heavy withdrawals this is:

0-24 hours: little to no withdrawals, maybe some anxiety.
48 - 72 hours: Withdrawals starting, quite/very anxious. Feeling wired.
72 - 96 hours: Severe anxiety, brain zaps, hypnagogic jerks (jerking or jolting). If I get brain zaps & hypnagogic jerks, they are synonymous with seizures, and I can state with pretty much absolute certainty that I'm going to have a grand mal pretty much bang on between 72-84 hours.

Honestly, I've personally never noticed any correlation between half life and withdrawal symptoms, and I have experience of withdrawing from aplrazolam & etizolam (short half life), and diazepam and clonazepam (long half life). The withdrawals always follow the exact same pattern.

Will one Single Daily Dose Last Long enough before Withdrawal Symptoms begin?

I Am getting MANY CONFLICTING times of duration for Effect And I just want to know what is the MINIMUM Amount of Effect And Maximum from an Amount of ACTIVE DRUG in the body And not just people claiming they feel the Benzo no longer after A certain time cause they are Subtle Drugs.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here, but I'm going to guess that you probably mean "how much can I take before experiencing withdrawals" (I think?). Put it this way, if I take an active (10-20mg) dose of diazepam (long half life) daily, for one week, I will have a seizure on day three of withdrawals. I know this because I did exactly that in 2009. I do not have epilepsy, and have not otherwise had seizures; but have had numerous seizures from benzos withdrawals in 2008, 2009 and 2016, from all the drugs I mentioned earlier.

If you want to avoid a seizure, then you should taper. If you're really tight for benzos, then you might be able to stagger your last few doses by dosing half of your active dose on roughly day 2-3 of withdrawal. This is a very dirty & fast taper, but it might just save you from a seizure. Otherwise you should follow the ordinary tapering guidelines which will advise you to do it slowly and over a longer period.

Last edited: