• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and Oxycodone? ASAP

Battlelines

Greenlighter
So I don?t do recreational drugs (besides pot). I have a lot of joint degeneration so I?m on oxycodone 15mg x4. I currently have a kidney stone from hell. A friend gave me some suboxone and said it would help the pain. Wouldn?t that counter act the effects of the oxycodone?

Right. That's one drug that you don't want to use while you're on opiate pain meds because it will send you into precipitated withdrawals. You can try an N-said like Motrin, ibuprofen or Naproxen. Being that it's a kidney stone, you may be better off going to the hospital for the best pain control. I hope you get better soon!

I wouldn't recommend this combo at all due to the precipitated withdrawals, and even if it were subutex (Buprenorphine hcl without the naloxone blocker) I still wouldn't recommend, even though you will likely not encounter precipitated withdrawals, the combination of oxy and the strength of bupe could result in an od. Be careful and as T Calderone said hope you feel better!

I wouldn't recommend this combo at all due to the precipitated withdrawals, and even if it were subutex (Buprenorphine hcl without the naloxone blocker) I still wouldn't recommend, even though you will likely not encounter precipitated withdrawals, the combination of oxy and the strength of bupe could result in an od. Be careful and as T Calderone said hope you feel better!

I've been noticing people mentioning this a lot more than usual lately. It is not correct. Both suboxone and subutex have the same exact risk when it comes to the possibility of causing precipitated withdrawals. It is the buprenorphine in both of these medications that can cause precipitated withdrawal.

I've been noticing people mentioning this a lot more than usual lately. It is not correct. Both suboxone and subutex have the same exact risk when it comes to the possibility of causing precipitated withdrawals. It is the buprenorphine in both of these medications that can cause precipitated withdrawal.

Exactly. However, it's also worth mentioning that buprenorphine only precipitates withdrawal if one is already dependent upon opiates. A non dependent opiate/opioid user shouldn't experience this effect.