• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

bad shrooms trip thoughts - when will they go away?

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
Hi,
I recently had a shrooms trip where I dosed twice. The first part of the trip was really wonderful, but after the second dosing, it got really bad for me (anxiety, guilt, feeling hopeless and like i'm a bad person - lied to a person i cared abt and rly fixated on that for the second half). I am still feeling these feelings more than 24 hours after. When will they go away? They're really strong and painful. Can I do anything to make them go away faster?
Thanks

If you're upset with yourself because you're unhappy with your decisions in life, then the way to change those feelings is to engage in actions that will make you feel you're a better person. For an example, let's say you littered last week and that's what you dwelled on during your trip; start recycling and picking up trash you see out and about. You see? It's really simple. Don't overthink these kind of things.

Your problem is something many people experience even in the absence of drugs. It's called regret. The way you deal with regret is changing your future actions. You cannot change the past.

Like cream gravy said, I think you're still fixated on it more than you need to and that's generally just considered regret. Think of this as an opportunity to integrate your experience into your life. It's not all that uncommon for people to get hit hard with certain things after a trip and integration can take months, even. But if you really want to get over those feelings, then you gotta sit down and think about what happened during the trip, understand why it's affecting you so deeply, and plan how you can take steps to make amends (maybe that's telling the truth if you feel like you can) or catch your behavior before it happens again in the future. We all make mistakes and it can hit you hard when you trip sometimes (been there many times) but I think that's part of the self-improvement aspect of psychedelics. If you have your head facing forward, you can't see what's behind you so really just try to accept you made a mistake and think about being better in the future. Good luck, my friend.

hey i know it's been awhile but i appreciate your responses! you were both right. i dealt with the things that caused the bad trip and am feeling a lot better. and i've learned now that double dosing isnt for me! so positives come out of negatives. thanks guys!

Awesome, glad to hear it. :) Some of my best trips have been the most difficult ones that were the hardest to come to terms with.

Awesome, glad to hear it. :) Some of my best trips have been the most difficult ones that were the hardest to come to terms with.

Definitely. Sometimes the hardest trips are the most useful. There's nothing quite like being forced to face your demons to help you re-evaluate your life. I've only found this to be true of mushrooms however - difficult acid trips don't have that cathartic quality imo...