• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Reducing Alcohol Cravings

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
So I have been a pretty heavy drinker for the better part of 3 years or so (about a 750ml of liquor or a 12 pack of beer a day). I started taking vyvanse 40mg a day and noticed that I didn't have any urge to drink while it was active in my system, and when I would comedown I would not have to drink nearly much to satisfy my body's need for alcohol. I recently switched from vyvanse 40mg to adderall 30mg ir bid and once again have noticed a significant drop in my alcohol consumption. I only drink 3-6 beers a night now and have little urge to keep drinking once I am feeling buzzed.
Does anybody have a similar experience or does anybody know why this might be? I've looked online and haven't found anything relating to this.

Yes, amphetamines make you feel 'satisfied' and satiated (due to affects on dopamine mostly). Which will tend to lessen most other addictive cravings a person has and instead focus them around the amphetamines. Over time the replacement effect will tend to diminish as your tolerance to vyvanse or adderall increases.

Yes, amphetamines make you feel 'satisfied' and satiated (due to affects on dopamine mostly). Which will tend to lessen most other addictive cravings a person has and instead focus them around the amphetamines. Over time the replacement effect will tend to diminish as your tolerance to vyvanse or adderall increases.

This makes a lot of sense. I dont feel the need to take as much kratom either now that I think about it. But man i smoke like a chimney when i take the amphetamines.

It still scratches the itch, so-to-speak. It's not like the first few months, but I respect it. You keep on going higher and you're going to run into some serious agitation and psychotic symptoms, Your brain can only bend so much.