Bluelight

Thread: Any (DIY or oOther) 4G Cell Signal Booster/Relay That Actually Works? Or Straight BS?

1. Collapse Details
    Any (DIY or oOther) 4G Cell Signal Booster/Relay That Actually Works? Or Straight BS? 
    Question
    Problem is I stream ~60-170GB month from my cell hot-spot. Signal switches towers and sometimes connects to a "lesser" tower (which screws my stream). Sometimes it stays connect to "good" towers and there is no issue for hours or a day or so.
    I know the tech behind towers and handing off when needed but am looking to at least have a better option at reception from whatever tower is transmitting to my cell.
    Google has brought me many ideas and have spent a few hours with no joy in actual results after construction of various "devices".
    Just wanna see if anyone may have bad reception in their area and what (if anything) has one tried to improve it. Hopefully something that is working.
    Thanks fam

Edit:
    Spent about an hour on this and it made no difference.
    Last edited by PtahTek; 20-10-2018 at 22:47.

2. Collapse Details

if you want an effective booster then you need to know what frequency band your hotspot and transmitter towers use then get an antenna and signal amplifier that matches. if you want a strong link the best option is to get something with an amplifier that can pump out the max amount of juice the FCC will allow and a yagi (directional) antenna so you can aim it right at the tower.

3. Collapse Details

Word.
    It's the week end and the honey-do-list is in effect.
    Looking into it.
    Thanks

4. Collapse Details

you have my sympathies