• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Inpatient or outpatient drug rehab

Hi Pumpkin,

I think you mentioned going to a meeting tonight so I wanted to wish you good luck. Thinking of you and I hope you're doing well.

Much love and support,
your friend,
Ash.

You guys are awesome!
In inpatient I went to a few AA meetings. I know they are a great source for wisdom and support too. I didn?t mean to put them down at all. I respect them. I do have to ?shop around? and find the meetings that work for me. People are people and that?s really the similarity. I might click with people at AA, NA or C.A.
I did ask that guy to go and I think we are going on Saturday.

Hello dear cj!!!

We haven't chatted in a while and I have been thinking of you and wondering what you've been up to?

Just wanted to let you know what a sweetheart you are.

Big hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey guys, continuing outpatient and it?s going ok. I have still been using but definitely not as much. I have not let outpatient know for fear of being asked to leave. It is helping me but still have not managed to stay clean for more than 5-7 days.
I decided to go back to work and started this week. I think that will help a lot and I won?t fuck it up and miss days or be messed up there. It?s better than being home all day not doing anything.
It?s a risk and I?m willing to take a shot at it. The longer I delay the the more my brain rots. Maybe it?s the push I need.
They allow me to go to all my outpatient and are giving me all the tools and opportunities to build my sales back up and make lots of money again.

Hey Pumpkin!

So glad you checked back in.

Recovery is rarely a straight line upward. It usually takes time. Full of stops and starts. It gets frustrating, I know. I go through it myself.

One thing I'm positive of is that I don't want to go back to a life of using, being in withdrawal just as much as I'm not. On top of all the other depressing, frustrating and devestating circumstances that causes.

So, for now, Im managing to stay clean about 85-90% of the time. That's still really frustrating. And causes pain and suffering. I'm looking forward to it being clean 100% of the time. I try to focus on my progress. Which, compared to where I was a year ago, is very good.

It's great that you got a job. Really great :). It gives you the structure you need. It gives you something positive to focus on, not to mention the money to improve your life. And they work with you with your outpatient. All positive stuff!

Keep your focus on getting well. You're going to do great Pumpkin. <3

What has been said already is quite true: any progress is a good thing. I have found that it really helps to stay connected with other recovering people. You don't have to agree with everything they say & do-- just being on the same journey is enough. And try not to compare your recovery with that of others. You are comparing their outside selves with your inside self.

Best wishes!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Don't worry if someone doesn't like you. Most people are struggling to like themselves.