• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long should you wait before doing lsd again?

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
I know all about the tolerance effect, but if I waited a week, is that long enough? I?ve got some excellent blotter and of waiting longer for better effects is recommended, I can certainly wait. Lsd doesn?t make me crave it, so resisting is no problem. So, one week? 2? A month? What do you guys recommend?

The longer I wait, the better.

This year, I was doing acid at the start of each month from January to June. Even with a month in between, effects were slightly less each time.

Started again in September and it was back to the same strength as maybe February. I believe 3 months is the recommended minimum amount of space for MDMA. I'd say the same for acid.

You can do it weekly of course, its' just better if you leave a decent amount of time to process and refresh. More fun too IME. If you want to trip weekly, maybe branch out into some other psychedelics. San pedro cactus, mushrooms, 2c-b (just for example) have a bit of cross-tolerance, but at least it's something a bit different each time.

The rule of thumb is it takes about a week to reset tolerance. However, if you trip weekly you will still start to get long-term tolerance where your trips just don't feel as profound anymore. It's best to wait at least 2 weeks, with plenty of longer breaks.

Having been through it many times, that is, the drama and endless conjecture about "tolerance breaks", I can say that you are short-changing yourself if you do it too much, for a whole host of reasons that I won't get into. But suffice it to say that after a week, even a larger dose will get the job done, but you often find that trips with too little time between affect your experiences greatly. Conversely, if you wait at least a month, you will have your tolerance, regardless of how high it was, back to baseline, generally speaking. Therefore, if 200 or 300ug was great when short spacing trips. 150 or 200 might be far more magical and immersive after a month or more. When I have a lot of L kicking around I have a harder time staying away from it, and have to learn the hard way sometimes. Not long ago, I was feeling like my trips were less enjoyable, had more side-effects, and had little magic in them. Well, after taking a 5 week break, 200ug of ALD-52 put me on the moon, and I had some super-incredible visuals that time around, a dose I had done many times before with less than stellar results. So yes...tolerance breaks absolutely help you get far more out of LSD than just running on the wheel, dropping as much as you can. I have done both, and eating paper like it's going out of style doesn't work for me any more.

I'd wait atleast one week for any type of psychedelic tolerance. Especially LSD. I once tripped on a few hits one day and the next day I wanted to trip again and ended up eating the whole other part of the sheet
and still didn't trip as hard as the first day :/

Kind of a waste :s

As I'm sure you already know, It varies wildly from person to person. The best way to tell is personal experience. For myself, one weeks break and it feels like a brand new trip with brand new magic. In the same respect I also have friends who swear by the two week rule and wont trip before that claiming they "waste the trip" every time. To each his own, you just have to figure out your body's chemistry

3 months

of course you can trip every two weeks, or once per month and not face much in the way of actual tolerance.

but if we are talking about long term, over the course of years, i think if you trip more often than about once every three months, you will eventually "lose the magic"

i haven't tripped for a year and 7 months, which seems insane to me since i used to trip monthly only a few short years ago.

3 months

of course you can trip every two weeks, or once per month and not face much in the way of actual tolerance.

but if we are talking about long term, over the course of years, i think if you trip more often than about once every three months, you will eventually "lose the magic"

i haven't tripped for a year and 7 months, which seems insane to me since i used to trip monthly only a few short years ago.
I dont believe so, I've tripped less than a week apart on the same dose with identical effects before, multiple times actually.

If you take too much LSD, you will know. It is different for everyone person, of course. After having tripped on and off for 30+ years, and having taken breaks from it for years in between due to life happening, the nature of the experience changes. I used to trip multiple times per week, often tripping consecutive nights, back to back, by doubling up. Problem with that is that I was already doing 3 or 4 times what other people were doing in terms of quantity, so I went through boat-loads of L over time. And of course, over the years, no matter how much time I take off (even took a break for almost 10 years), the "magic" of the early years no longer exists. I know...I have tried all I can to get a taste of it, but alas, while it may be something I get a lot out of, that magic is long gone. And as your life changes, you change, as do the nature of your experiences with LSD. So yes...you can get away with what you can get away with now, or for a while, but if you over-do it, and perhaps even if you don't, if you stick with LSD long enough, both you and your relationship with it will change as well. There is nothing that LSD can throw at me that I haven't had thrown at me before, and back in the day, my goal was to separate myself from consensus reality as much as I could, and man did I ever. There was a time when I barely felt human, and felt for more in touch with the psychedelic experience. It changed, and while I am glad it did, I do miss feeling like I left this place and went to another that felt a lot more magical and awe-inspiring. It is fine, though, because I was very lucky in terms of the things I did and the places I went.

Last edited:
how do people lose the magic of a psychedelic? how is that even possible? I've tripped many times more than once a week, just doubling, triple-ling, ten-ling :s my doses and stayed where i wanted to be.

However, I am no role-model and if you copy my behaviour you could easily end up dead.

^ No one will end up dead from dosing LSD a few times in a week lol. At worst it will just not work very well anymore.

IME you can dose pretty close if you don't do it too often or dose too high, or expect to go to the moon. Especially if you're in the right mood for it, the right setting etc. Best to wait a good while though, like a week or more. If you want to maximize the effects and magic a minimum of a couple weeks is a good rule of thumb.

I've tripped 3 days in a row many times at festivals, usually switching psychedelics each day. Usually only one of those days would be acid.