Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Good and not good combos with e

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Has anyone tried other things combined with e? I?ve noticed cocaine will kill your roll. Does weed enhance it at all? I?ve tried candyflipping but I?d rather do those two separately. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that if the ees are good, then you just don't need anything else. Seriously, good MDMA should be completely satisfying. Weed is nice to smoke on the comedown, but I find it to have a slightly detrimental effect during the peak.

No, the only things I need on e are nicotine, Vick?s inhalers, nice textures to touch, good music and hopefully gold company. That?s not the point though - this is more out of curiosity than anything else. I did try cocaine while rolling once because it was offered to me and I didn?t know any better. Totally killed the roll. I wouldn?t want weed while rolling because they both speed up your heartrate. Special k was decent while rolling though. But, what combos should be avoided? Just in case I?m offered something, so I know what to refuse (although it?s hard to have the presence of mind to refuse when you?re rolling balls!)

Pretty much any classically psychedelic substance (think LSD or mushrooms) combines very well with MDMA in my own experience and historically, not to mention they are very physically safe to combine with MDMA. LSD and MDMA have a long history of use together simply because they work so well together. But like others said, good MDMA is very a "complete" drug, I only add a psychedelic since for me it adds another dimension to the experience. I see people combine MDMA with a lot of others substances but I feel this can subdue the roll and muddy the experience (goes from "i'm rolling" to "I'm just fucked up on a lot of shit")

You are correct, cocaine does not combine well with MDMA. Certain drugs like DXM or Changa are dangerous to combine with MDMA. I believe there are other substances that you should not combine MDMA with, would be good to look that up, but those two are the main ones.

as FUBAR mentioned, smoking weed on the tail end of the roll is fun. Just like combining it with a psychedelic, I find the MDMA filters out any anxiety/paranoia/awkward feelings weed comes with, and you just get the amazing body high and mental boost.

My favorite thing to do at the end of a night rolling is watching the sunrise smoking unlimited spliffs with my friends.

Great, thanks guys! What would be DANGEROUS to combine? Like, I know no alcohol because that will further dehydrate you, but is there anything else I should be warned about?

DXM can be a dangerous mixer as well as some anti-depressant / anti-psychotic type medications.

Stimulants can add more workload to an already racing heart and like with coke, its' not even a good mix.

Benzos or booze and MDMA can cause extended periods of amnesia and reckless behaviour.

Generally though, I've mixed with a number of psychedelics plus the dissociatives ketamine & MXE, as well as other members of the MDXX family and as long as I kept doses of both the MDMA & the mixer quite modest, it worked out reasonably well.

I found a low dose of MD a good foundation for psychedelic experiences. Shulgin mention 2c-b and MDMA as being quite interesting:

Many of the reports that have come in over the years have mentioned the combination of MDMA and 2C-B. The most successful reports have followed a program in which the two drugs are not used at the same time, nor even too closely spaced. It appears that the optimum time for the 2C-B is at, or just before, the final baseline recovery of the MDMA. It is as if the mental and emotional discoveries can be mobilized, and something done about them. This combination has several enthusiastic advocates in the psychotherapy world, and should be the basis of careful research when these materials become legal, and accepted by the medical community

I had a nice experience smoking salvia while on MDMA and having ketamine after-effects.

MDMA + LSD is good but very intense.

MDMA + ket is my favorite drug combo at all :)

Vallies & MDMA are great together, takes away that edginess I sometimes get while peaking & it?s just pure euphoria.

Xannies & MDMA is an amazing time, like the vallies it completely relaxed my body but enhanced the euphoria a whole lot more - and fuck me, I have never rolled like that before!

Oxy & MDMA would definitely be my favourite mix, it felt as if they both enhanced each other & it was just constant waves of the MDMA, and then the oxy.

All were a very clean experience, especially the xannie mix (at a festival had 13 caps [in no way am I dick measuring right now, just ridiculous tolerance] & 6mg of xanax over the course of the day - woke up in the morning without the slightest hint of a comedown)

Vallies & MDMA are great together, takes away that edginess I sometimes get while peaking & it?s just pure euphoria.

Xannies & MDMA is an amazing time, like the vallies it completely relaxed my body but enhanced the euphoria a whole lot more - and fuck me, I have never rolled like that before!

Oxy & MDMA would definitely be my favourite mix, it felt as if they both enhanced each other & it was just constant waves of the MDMA, and then the oxy.

All were a very clean experience, especially the xannie mix (at a festival had 13 caps [in no way am I dick measuring right now, just ridiculous tolerance] & 6mg of xanax over the course of the day - woke up in the morning without the slightest hint of a comedown)

Each and every one of these are terrible and possibly very dangerous suggestions.

Would you mind educating me as to why that is? I did search some forums (admittedly it was a pretty half assed search) before any of these mixes but I didn?t really find anything other than people asking the same question & replies that were hardly informative..

I?m always down to learn something new!

Would you mind educating me as to why that is? I did search some forums (admittedly it was a pretty half assed search) before any of these mixes but I didn?t really find anything other than people asking the same question & replies that were hardly informative..

I?m always down to learn something new!

Valium and Xanax are more or less the same thing, so I'll address those together. Personally, I feel combining a benzo with ANYTHING is dangerous, especially something powerful like MDMA. Probably increases the chances of you doing something illegal/dangerous/stupid. MDMA and benzos both lower your inhibitions, I think this combo would put you at risk of blacking out and acting a fool. I also fail to see how it would compliment the experience since benzos mainly serve to dull rather than sharpen the senses. I think benzos are dangerous, addictive and shouldn't be used recreationally. MDMA is a special and memorable experience, why add a benzo and not even be able to remember it?

As for opiates, I think its just generally against HR to suggest anyone try Oxy let alone combine it with MDMA. I can't find much on this combo either, I'm sure lots of people have done it, I think if it was any good there would be more info on it (theres probably tens of thousands of things on LSD+MDMA). Not sure about the physical safety of that combo, but again, I fail to see what an opiate would bring to the MDMA experience. Opiates can certainly make you feel sick/nauseous and often have a bad comedown/hangover.

Basically, they're all highly addictive drugs that have little recreational value unless you are dependent on them already. Best not to mess around with them at all, IMO. If you want to combine something with MDMA, I'd reach for something also in the recreational/party drug toolkit, not habit forming drugs that are liable to ruin your life.

I can honestly say I agree with everything you?re saying.
The thought of it being more likely for me to end up blacking out/doing dangerous stupid things never crossed my mind though..
I guess because when I take whatever it may be that I?m taking it?s not to get absolutely ruined but rather to enjoy & appreciate whatever it is I?m feeling at the time :)

I also appreciate that they?re all highly addictive substances and the potential for abuse is there but again I guess it comes down to my mindset & I?m just genuinely not that kind of drug-user.

Appreciate the reply though! I?m obviously biased towards the mix so those - I?ll call them, ?common sense points? - didn?t even pop into my head :)

Good combos, as has been mentioned, are psychedelic drugs that are not MAOIs or serotonin releasers (so AMT is out, very dangerous). LSD is well-known to produce a beautiful synergy with MDMA. I find that alcohol combines well with it, if you don't overdo it.

Bad combos include anything that is an MAOI, as well as other serotonin releasers, and also SSRIs. All of these can produce serotonin syndrome which is potentially deadly. Cocaine doesn't combine well either, although it's not particularly deadly other than the fact that they're both stimulants so it could be deadly if overdone.

Wtf? Benzos are safe to combine with MDMA, you would be given benzos in a hospital if you overdosed on MDMA, you could have amensia but I have never done something stupid when combining high dosages of benzos and MDMA, psychedelics and MDMA can be dangerous, the combination will increase your blood pressure much more than each one alone, your heart rate will be a little bit higher but not much than with any of each alone, if you have hypertension or any cardiovascular condition thats defineyly NOT a safe combination, psychedelics and MDMA will lower your seizure threshold even more than each one alone, this probably wont be a risk as long as you mantain normal body temperature, are well rested, well hydrated and well fed and you dont have any preexisting conditions, but you could have a seizure at a club or when being sleep deprived with that combo, easily, ive also read that the combination of psychedelics and MDMA is more neurotoxic than MDMA alone but I think its not proven conclusively so dont take that into account, opiates raise your body temperature so not the safest combination with MDMA but they are good on the comedown, ive heard of people having serotonin syndrome when combining MDMA with psychedelics and weed, but this wont happen to everyone and seems to be quite rare, DXM, tramadol MXE MAOIs and SSRIs are the ones that come to mind that are absolutely a no no with MDMA, you could get away with psychedelics, cocaine, opiates, etc... but you are doing more harm, benzos are completely safe but will kill the roll, no point unless you OD.

I've had low dose benzos prior to taking MDMA, its' not toxic and it doesn't necessarily diminish the effect (I noticed that it smooths the come-up). Amnesia and careless behaviour can be a problem if the benzo dose is too high though.

This guy who lived down the street from me, used to come over sometimes, really lost it once on a mix of diazepam and MDMA. He'd only had one E that night but countless valium. I found his diazepam bottle on my lawn the next day. There were eight pills left out of fifty and they had only been prescribed that week.

I still think it was the addition of the MDMA that put him over the edge (it was real MDMA btw, he still had some when the police arrested him, they charged him with it, amongst other things). I stopped talking to him after that, he came very close to hurting me that night.

Point is, if you're going to do benzos and MDMA, keep the benzo dose as small as possible. Same with booze. A beer or two is probably okay but too much and things can get unpleasant.

I can attest to the amnesia and careless behaviour with benzos and MDMA. Benzos on their own are bad enough for that, but throwing MDMA into the mix turns the experience into that of a deliriant. I went through a period of taking clonazepam with Es and loved the effect, but most of the time I was safe at home with the Mrs. But one night I'd run out of baccy and decided to take a cycle ride up to the local 24hr garage to get some more. I was off my face. I vaguely remember setting out, but everything else was a total blank - until I suddenly realised I was sat on my bike on a traffic island in the middle of the main road having a conversation with a lampost. Somehow I managed to get home and remember nothing else. The next morning, my Mrs informed me that when I came home, I took my trousers off, put them on my head, then proceeded to rip pieces of wallpaper off the wall because I "need to get this girl's number". It was at that point she marched me off to bed...

Haha wow. 8(

One time I took a regular dose of etizolam on top of MDMA and totally blacked out for the whole rest of the night, I only actually even felt the beginning of the MDMA and the rest was a blank.

As for opiates, I think its just generally against HR to suggest anyone try Oxy let alone combine it with MDMA. I can't find much on this combo either, I'm sure lots of people have done it, I think if it was any good there would be more info on it (theres probably tens of thousands of things on LSD+MDMA). Not sure about the physical safety of that combo, but again, I fail to see what an opiate would bring to the MDMA experience. Opiates can certainly make you feel sick/nauseous and often have a bad comedown/hangover.

Basically, they're all highly addictive drugs that have little recreational value unless you are dependent on them already. Best not to mess around with them at all, IMO. If you want to combine something with MDMA, I'd reach for something also in the recreational/party drug toolkit, not habit forming drugs that are liable to ruin your life.

While I wholeheartedly agree that people should not use opiates recreationally... they are highly recreational. In fact when you're dependent they stop being recreational and you just use them to feel normal. Also they have no hangover whatsoever, though if you do too much you can get nauseous. I used to combine opiates with just about everything.

That said, yes, best to stay away. SO many people ruin their lives on opiates. I was addicted for 10 years and although it felt great and harmless at first, eventually I felt a thousand times worse during the high than I did when I was sober before I started using opiates. I wanted to die for a long time, it was horrible.

Haha wow. 8(

One time I took a regular dose of etizolam on top of MDMA and totally blacked out for the whole rest of the night, I only actually even felt the beginning of the MDMA and the rest was a blank.

While I wholeheartedly agree that people should not use opiates recreationally... they are highly recreational. In fact when you're dependent they stop being recreational and you just use them to feel normal. Also they have no hangover whatsoever, though if you do too much you can get nauseous. I used to combine opiates with just about everything.

That said, yes, best to stay away. SO many people ruin their lives on opiates. I was addicted for 10 years and although it felt great and harmless at first, eventually I felt a thousand times worse during the high than I did when I was sober before I started using opiates. I wanted to die for a long time, it was horrible.

You're exactly right, I wasn't sure how to express what I meant. In my mind, I sort of categorize drugs as either substances that expand your mind, give you an experience and aren't addictive because its more about what they open you up to rather than filling a void, and then substances that people gravitate towards because they are sad, have problems or other troubles and need to feel good otherwise they are sad. I guess to me its like, do drugs because you feel good, not because you want to feel good? Sort of back to the dulling of the senses rather than expanding/sharpening them.

The couple times I took opiates as a teenager, which was just the random oxycodone or hydrocodone that would fall into my possession, I remember being a bit cranky the next day.