• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nasal Care For Suboxone Sniffers

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Who can add some tips to the nose game? :) I have been experimenting with castor oil rubbed up in the nose to make it smooth and feel good. Many before on BL have recommended a saline solution from the drug store. I use filtered Sub mixed into h2o and I use about 3 drops a day, nothing heavy, but until I can get my script bumped to 8 or 10 mg to make up for all the doses I have to swallow early due to work, I need to take care of my nose. Honestly it will be hard to completely stop this ROA because it works like a dream. But I guess I really should try.

I used that ROA for several years. I never filtered the solution eventually the back of my left eye would burn and tear up for a good 15-30 minutes after. That went on for awhile. Now I have floaters in that eye. If you feel burning stop. I also get congestion now if I do it. Sometimes I use the right nostril and I mix the sub with saline.

I used that ROA for several years. I never filtered the solution eventually the back of my left eye would burn and tear up for a good 15-30 minutes after. That went on for awhile. Now I have floaters in that eye. If you feel burning stop. I also get congestion now if I do it. Sometimes I use the right nostril and I mix the sub with saline.
I need to ask for an increase to 24 or 32 mg. Then I can just swallow all my doses and probably have 5 of those mg become bioavailable! Has anyone tried this? Sub is dirt cheap with insurance, so that wouldn't be an issue.

I wonder if your prob was due to not filtering, or if even a couple filtered drops a day will lead to this?

Not a good idea to swallow all your pills. You only get a very small amount, as far as bioavailability goes. They are sublingual for a reason.

Not a good idea to swallow all your pills. You only get a very small amount, as far as bioavailability goes. They are sublingual for a reason.
At 10% bioavailability, 24 mg Bupe is 2.4 mg! The perfect dose for chronic pain.

Who can add some tips to the nose game? :) I have been experimenting with castor oil rubbed up in the nose to make it smooth and feel good. Many before on BL have recommended a saline solution from the drug store. I use filtered Sub mixed into h2o and I use about 3 drops a day, nothing heavy, but until I can get my script bumped to 8 or 10 mg to make up for all the doses I have to swallow early due to work, I need to take care of my nose. Honestly it will be hard to completely stop this ROA because it works like a dream. But I guess I really should try.

This quick trick will save your nose from permanent damage and will likely help you to prepress in your recovery. Sublingual Buprenorphine can many times complicate your daily routine due to the 15 minutes that is required to dissolve the medication in the form of the film.

If you find work or other activities are getting in the way of taking your medications as prescribed try setting aside an extra 20 minutes during your morning routine. The 8 mg strips quickly dissolve compared to most of the pills. Try getting up 20 minutes early and sit on your couch while taking your buprenorphine in the form of a suboxone film.

20-30 minutes should be enough time. Getting 24 mg prescribed is an easy way to up your dose until the point that you are taking an excessive amount sublingually. When it comes time to taper you would be faced with an entirely different type of dependency.