• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AUS: Man who gave 13 old girl fatal dose of liquid GHB could be free in a year

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
A young man who supplied GHB to a 13-year-old girl he'd just met, who later died from drug toxicity, may be out of jail in just over a year.

Luke Delphin, 20, gave 6ml of the party drug to Alesha Fernando, who he believed was 17, in June last year.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F09%2F26%2F16%2F25%2F2609_GHBsplit.jpg

The pair then fell asleep on a mattress in Delphin's apartment.

When Alesha's friend tried to wake her, she was pale, her lips were purple and she wasn't breathing.

Delphin woke up and said: "I can't lose my apartment over this shit. It's not worth it".

Alesha remained unconscious and died the following day.

Delphin fled after Alesha overdosed and resisted arrest, punching and spitting on a police officer.

He has a mild intellectual disability and an acquired brain injury from substance abuse since he was nine years old.

Delphin was jailed for three-and-a-half years, with a minimum of two years, in the County Court on Wednesday.

He has already served 346 days in custody.

But Alesha's mother, who was visibly upset in court when Delphin was sentenced, says he should have been charged with manslaughter or murder.

The heartbroken mother spent her 34th birthday watching as her only child's life support was switched off.

"Nothing will bring Alesha back," Katrina Gavan told reporters outside court.

"She was beautiful, happy. She was too trusting of everyone. She was absolutely adored. Everyone loved her - took advantage of her."

Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...nce-for-ghb-overdose-death-of-alesha-fernando

6ml is a pretty large dosage without any tolerance. Giving it to a 13 y.o girl is unforgivable.

I'm guessing they actually mean GBL? 6ml of GHB is fuck all.

Either way it's a very sad story, but it would help if these so called 'reporters' got their facts right for once...

I'm guessing they actually mean GBL? 6ml of GHB is fuck all. Either way it's a very sad story, but it would help if these so called 'reporters' got their facts right for once...
My assumption was that it was GBL that we were talking about, since GHB is not measured in ml, it is measured in grams. Yes, it would certainly help if 'reporters' got their facts straight for once.

GHB is often used in solution, don't forget, it's a water-soluble salt, so either could be measured in ml.

he had brain damage from a drug overdose at the age of nine? Very interesting.

I've heard of people < 10 years old using drugs; my interest is always piqued and I want to hear their entire life story.

Christ, I first cooked GHB a couple of years younger than that (starting from GBL, as a really easy first psychoactive synthesis of something other than the likes of chlorobutanol, chloral, as something I knew I could pull off easily enough before starting with something that actually took a bit of proper effort, in my case, the antiquated downer, chlormethiazole.)

Although I wasn't going around selling them to other kids. I really probably should have, come to think of it, but for some reason I never actually thought of using such products as a means to finance the lab,