• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Woman took bong hit to calm down after running over toddler and splitting his liver

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Woman took bong hit to calm down after running over toddler and splitting his liver in two while high on ice and Valium

A woman who reversed over a two-year-old and split his liver in half had Valium and ice in her system before she smoked cannabis to 'calm down'.

Jessica Clare Williams, 23, didn't check her rear-view mirror despite children running around unsupervised at a New South Wales property on March 10.

The toddler was on life support for 15 days after the negligent driver backed up and over him in the Hunter region, the Daily Telegraph reported.

5154A7C300000578-6276587-image-a-1_1539587894042.jpg

At the time, Williams tested positive to methylamphetamine, cannabis and also had benzodiazepine in her system - which she had taken the day before and was not prescribed to.

The Woodbury woman told police she had smoked a 'cone' to calm herself down after the horrific accident and had passively ingested the ice while at a friend's house.

Williams was at the property to pick up another child who was playing at the home when she hit the boy.

Security footage captures the moment four children ran behind the car but Williams told police she saw them playing on a silver slide in the front yard just moments before the accident.

The CCTV captures the harrowing moment the little boy disappears under the Holden Commodore.

At the time, Williams told police she had heard a bump but thought it was just a change in the driveway's surface.

It was only when the children began to scream she got out of her car and saw the victim - who had a tyre print across his shoulder and was underneath the car.

Williams pleaded guilty to negligent driving occasioning grievous bodily harm and altering the amount of illicit drugs in her system.

She was disqualified from driving for two years, fined $1000 and put on a community corrections for three years.

Despite undergoing more than several hours of surgery at the beginning of the year - the now three-year-old is 'surprisingly amazing' according to his aunt.

'He is such a very lucky boy, she split his liver in half, he was very touch and go, bleeding internally and all she was worried about was drugs,' she said.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-cannabis-ran-two-year-old-boy-playing.html

This despicable bitch should have been thrown in the slammer. She is clearly a danger to society.

You back your car over a toddler and then the next thing on your list of priorities is to stop and take a bong hit?! Un-fucking-believable!

How she was able to get away with such a light sentence is stunning.

That poor little one.

Don't get me wrong, I myself hate the whole "think of the children" cliche, but this goes beyond that and then some. That poor little one. My goodness.

Edit: Idiots such as this pitiful excuse for a woman - through their acts of natural stupidity - undermine attempts to reform this insane war on (certain politically-incorrect) drugs. They undermine it big-time. And I'm confident that thought hasn't crossed this woman's mug whatsoever. Analytical skills of a fucking taco.

This despicable bitch should have been thrown in the slammer. She is clearly a danger to society.

You back your car over a toddler and then the next thing on your list of priorities is to stop and take a bong hit?! Un-fucking-believable!

How she was able to get away with such a light sentence is stunning.

That poor little one.

Don't get me wrong, I myself hate the whole "think of the children" cliche, but this goes beyond that and then some. That poor little one. My goodness.

Edit: Idiots such as this pitiful excuse for a woman - through their acts of natural stupidity - undermine attempts to reform this insane war on (certain politically-incorrect) drugs. They undermine it big-time. And I'm confident that thought hasn't crossed this woman's mug whatsoever. Analytical skills of a fucking taco.

This is Australia for you. I was just reading this morning a guy who stabbed a 14 year old 10 or so times and killed him only got given 5 years. Yet if you were caught with a brick of coke they would make an example of you and give you 10 - 20 years.

So it goes...

Not every country thinks long prison sentences are productive. The recidivism rate compared to the US gives them a good case for there way. The woman didn't mean to hurt anyone and the kids ok by this account. Getting the girl supervised drug treatment is the best outcome for society. If draconian sentences where a deterrent the US prisons wouldn't be continuing to fill up.

Not every country thinks long prison sentences are productive. The recidivism rate compared to the US gives them a good case for there way.

Given that the U.S. - despite having ~5% of the global population - continues to be the biggest jailor of its citizens (much of them, drug possession-related), I agree with you on principle.

That said, as a parent, my perspective has changed considerably, and that's the reason I lashed out.

I gather that, alongside the driving ban, most people would recommend that she at least be placed under protracted house arrest.

I'm certain she didn't intend on running over a toddler, however, what she reportedly did immediately afterwards heavily factored into my reaction.

To be clear, I hate with a passion this retarded war on people who prefer to consume substances which are deemed immoral by those who've never consumed them (hence, the retarded part). I hate the untold amount of death and destruction it has wrought throughout the world. And I hate the ignorant, arrogant idiots who continue to support the colossal waste of resources expended in a futile attempt to control the uncontrollable.

Fuck the DEA. Fuck Nixon, Anslinger and Sessions. Fuck the mass incarceration of otherwise law-abiding citizens. Fuck it all to hell and then some. And in the morning, I'm making waffles!

So what are we going to do? That is a question for thought, not looking for an answer. We the people have the power to change in our hands!

There will always be people like this whether drugs are legal or not. However, I would see drugs becoming decriminalized as the best overall solution.