• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Are there smaller DMT containing plants?

crescentry

Bluelighter
I'm wondering if there are plants that are relatively small (3 ft. or less) that have a decent yield of DMT, maybe 0.8% or so. Does anyone know of such a plant?

Welcome! Where are you located? Are you looking for plants that grow outdoors in your region, or ones that you can grow indoors?

I am located in southwest Colorado. I have a mid-size greenhouse set up just in case, but i am mainly looking for something moderately drought tolerant that can grow outdoors.

I read about mimosa, acacia, etc, but they are a bit too big for my liking.

You can grow acacia trees indoors and harvest the phylodes, this IMO is the best bet currently. You can get a high yielding strain and harvest the phylodes and keep it cut back to fit inside, collecting the trimmings for extraction. The downsides to this are acacia trees take years to get to mature size and they are trees so they will take a good amount of space.

I'm thinking what may fit your requirements best would be psychotria alba; small bushy plant, can be cloned from a mother, relatively fast growing, would likely perform excellent all year round in a hydro/aquaponics system with supplemental lighting, but the yields are not very high and you'd need to grow quite a lot of them to maintain a constant sustainable supply.

-dreamer042 (dmt-nexus)

---

I'd go for alba too, but be aware that it is not always a good producer. Some individuals seem to be inactive, so a little testing would be required. P. viridis can be done indoors as well. I find it has higher heat and humidity but lower light requirements than alba. And it's a slower grower, but on a per leaf basis you reliably get more bang for the buck. It tends to grow more compactly than alba too.

-pinkoyd (dmt-nexus)

---

1. Desmanthus Leptolobus: the only proven reliable cold-weather source. I've trout's book on Desmanthus and he claims Leptolobus is the only type that reliably works. The big advantage of this plant is that it is easy to grow outdoors in cold weather and seeds the first year. Seeds are moderately easy to find. But extractions of Desmanthus Illinoisis were much lower, Leptolobus' rootbark is alleged to yield up to 0.14%.

2. Psychotria Viridis: slow-growing tropical leaf source that definitely requires a continuously high humidity to thrive, though some people have gotten it to grow with twice-daily sprayings. My former plants were raised this way. Know that this plant is vulnerable to several types of insect pests. Permanently killing off some pests without using real poisons can be impossible. Biggest advantage of the this plant is the pure alkaloid profile. When you extract the leaves (I have), you'll get a powder that is 100% DMT. Leaf DMT content up to 0.1%, although my results were lower. I've given up on it.

3. Mimosa Hostilis: everybody's extraction favorite. Needs tropical weather and three years to reach a sustainably yielding size. Excellent alkaloid profile from the rootbark. In the USA, unless you live in southern Florida or southern California, you'll need to grow it indoors. Know that a high percentage of the seeds sold for this plant are NOT Hostilis, but a weaker variation that yields less and produces pink flowers, not the white ones of genuine Hostilis. Which you usually won't see for three years. A long time to waste. Unless you personally know someone in South America, any seeds are highly suspect. I have a dozen seeds that I trust. Rootbark yields at 0.57%, although older plants can yield up to 0.2%. I may grow one indoors for fun, but three years is a long time.

4. Acacia Obtusifolia: moderate growth rate low-humidity plant from Australia. Likes very well drained soil. Wants almost no phosphorous in the fertilizer. It likes low humidity, so don't spray it. Very resistant to most American pests. An easy to grow tree that is a compromise between all issues. Seeds commercially available. I have one growing in my sunroom. Note that the leaves definitely contain a cyanide compound which is allegedly only vaporized off with an A/B extraction initially using HCl acid. Up to 0.07% DMT in the leaf and 0.4% DMT in the bark. The best indoor source to date IMHO.

https://mycotopia.net/topic/27405-best-plant-dmt-source/

---

Mimosa Hostilis root bark is said to be "the hands down winner" for best DMT plant source.

Last edited:
people used to use phalaris grass, but i seem to recall something about there being other toxins in there that make phalaris problematic