• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica question, it isn't acting like when I took it year ago

Teds121

Greenlighter
So this is weird to me... I was on Lyrica a little over a year ago for a few months. Back then I took 150mg x3 a day and this was for my anxiety. When I took it then, I gained energy and focus. So I liked it a lot.

Now I'm back on it after I was in the hospital post seizure and other issues. For nerve pain anti seizure, and my anxiety. At 200mg x3 a day. But now it acts more like a sedative and gives me a weak benzo feeling.

How could it act so differently between the times? I want my energy and focus back it gave me :(... Even if I took 400mg it turns me into a zombie like benzo. Spaced out and very relaxed and tired. If I took 300mg in the past, I'd get energy.

This is really something you should be talking with your doctor about. I could speculate, but that is all it would be. Are you now taking any other drugs besides pregabalin? Or have you between previously taking it and now? Have you tried taking a lower dose instead of a larger one? Perhaps even your seizure and other medical issues are playing some role, or any lifestyle changes since then(think mood, sleep hygiene, diet, etc)

Only other med im on is keppra 500mg 2x a day for anti seizure.

Ive never had a seizure before. Unknown cause. Nobody witnessed it. Happened in my sleep. Only evidence a seizure even occurred is a tongue bite.

I'm asking this because my doc said there's stuff out there saying it's a good combo. But I can't find anything other than a post here and there saying sure it helped or it caused more side effects.