View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Looking for a trip sitter

IveSeenFootage

Greenlighter
I want to do psychedelics (any research chemicals best suited for me, but most notably LSD, DMT, and 4-AcO-DMT) because I'm looking to expand my mind. Self-improvement. I'd like to experience ego-death, although I'm open to smaller doses, if strongly recommended. Obviously a trip sitter would be ideal for this type of experience(s). I don't know anyone who is experienced with substances like this. Which is why I'm asking you.

I would prefer if:

-The person trip sitting me is college-educated

-The person trip sitting me has some understanding of either: chemistry, psychology, neuroscience or health
-The person trip sitting me is in my age group (millennial)

Location is flexible, but US only.

PM me if you're willing to participate in this project, and we'll discuss it from there.

Hopefully someone here is up for it.

Last edited:
You are raising a high bar for a trip sitter. Think of the person you feel the MOST comfortable with either by just getting along really well or if this person has a positive vibe around them. Someone you trust, as in really actually trust not just "trust" and having them around will be more than adequate...well if that person has done the specific drug before that would be an advantage as well. My first trip sitter had his stims that kept him happy, I was doing my first full tab and it was an experience that changed me for the better forever. Just knowing he was around if I actually peel my face off or something unexpected made for my best first solo LSD trip.

Oh and I did all my academic research into LSD and spent more than 2 years studying countless papers, books, experience reports etc. on the drug and I've got pharmacological knowledge needed for any neuro-psychopharmacological data was needed. Long story short DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. KNOW EXACTLY what you are putting into your body and what it will do and what is expected and contra-indications with other chemicals an this is all on you to know this.

I agree that you're setting the bar too high. The most important thing in a trip sitter is that you're comfortable with the person and you trust them. If it were me, a stranger as a trip sitter would be unsettling and would be much more likely to lead to social anxiety/fear. Also, whether someone is college educated or has knowledge of chemistry/etc doesn't really have much bearing on anything... what's important is that the person be compassionate and that they understand how to let you have your own experience and be there if you need them, and not try to be there if you don't need them. A sitter is basically there to make sure nothing bad happens.

Good luck finding someone... I doubt anyone will volunteer on an Internet forum, however. Your best bet would be to talk to someone you already know and trust, if possible. Maybe you could find a local psychedelic scene and meet someone that way? I commend your desire for a sitter, that's quite responsible, but you do also already have some experience so you might also consider going solo, if you didn't experience any worrying issues the other times you tripped in the past. If you do that, start out taking a normal dose, a dose like you've done in the past, to get comfortable with it. In my experience, solo trips tend to go deeper because it's just you, with no social distractions. Close your eyes and listen to music, it can take you very deep. My first few trips I did with other people and then I started doing solo trips. Most of my most profound trips have been my early solo trips.

I agree that you're setting the bar too high. The most important thing in a trip sitter is that you're comfortable with the person and you trust them. If it were me, a stranger as a trip sitter would be unsettling and would be much more likely to lead to social anxiety/fear. Also, whether someone is college educated or has knowledge of chemistry/etc doesn't really have much bearing on anything... what's important is that the person be compassionate and that they understand how to let you have your own experience and be there if you need them, and not try to be there if you don't need them. A sitter is basically there to make sure nothing bad happens.

Good luck finding someone... I doubt anyone will volunteer on an Internet forum, however. Your best bet would be to talk to someone you already know and trust, if possible. Maybe you could find a local psychedelic scene and meet someone that way? I commend your desire for a sitter, that's quite responsible, but you do also already have some experience so you might also consider going solo, if you didn't experience any worrying issues the other times you tripped in the past. If you do that, start out taking a normal dose, a dose like you've done in the past, to get comfortable with it. In my experience, solo trips tend to go deeper because it's just you, with no social distractions. Close your eyes and listen to music, it can take you very deep. My first few trips I did with other people and then I started doing solo trips. Most of my most profound trips have been my early solo trips.

I feel like ego death will give me the best chance of improving mental health, establishing healthy coping mechanisms, becoming less of a toxic person, and developing discipline and confidence. Say, 500 mics of LSD, or 100 mg of DMT. Do you disagree?

It may do that. Ego death is a powerful experience that has the potential to inspire great change. However it's also unpredictable, and requires work both during and after.

I don't think OP is necessarily setting the bar too high, I've heard of trip facilitators like this before.
If you're having a hard time locating one on here OP, you might need to look "on the ground". You could try attending psychedelic conferences like ones put on by MAPS. You might have a better chance of meeting the kind of person you're looking for, in person.

It may do that. Ego death is a powerful experience that has the potential to inspire great change. However it's also unpredictable, and requires work both during and after.

Do you think I would have a hard time doing it alone one year removed from psychedelics

Ego death isn't always great. Sometimes it is really frightening and the reintegration is confusing and psychotic. And sometimes you get those special exp?riences of enlightement. That's not the kind of experience that I would chase with high doses, more chances of having hard exp?riences. Sometimes, a lower dose will go far if you surrender, and those are the nicest in my opinion.

Be careful, ego death can hit you in unexpected moments. Not fun in a social setting.