Study DNP Use Among Competitive Bodybuilders Common

CFC

Bluelight Crew
We can draw that conclusion from the following paper published earlier this year:

Wastewater-based tracing of doping use by the general population and amateur athletes ( 2018 )

The present study investigates the applicability of the chemical analysis of wastewater to assess the use of doping substances by the general population and amateur athletes. To this end, an analytical methodology that can identify and quantify a list of 15 substances from the groups of anabolic steroids, weight loss products, and masking agents in wastewater has been developed. The method uses solid phase extraction to increase the detection sensitivity of the target analytes, expected to be present at very low concentrations (ng L−1 range), and decrease possible matrix interferences. Instrumental analysis is performed by liquid chromatography coupled to high-resolution mass spectrometry, allowing data acquisition in both full scan and tandem MS mode. The method has been successfully validated at two concentration levels (50 and 200 ng L−1) with limits of quantification ranging between 0.7 and 60 ng L−1, intra- and inter-day precision expressed as relative standard deviation below 15%, procedural recoveries between 60 and 160% and matrix effects ranging from 45 to 121%. The stability of the analytes in wastewater was evaluated at different storage temperatures illustrating the importance of freezing the samples immediately after collection. The application of the method to 24-h composite wastewater samples collected at the entrance of three wastewater treatment plants and one pumping station while different sport events were taking place revealed the presence in wastewater, and hence the use, of the weight loss substances ephedrine, norephedrine, methylhexanamine (DMAA), and 2,4-dinitrophenol. The use of these stimulants was visible just prior and during the event days and in greater amounts than anabolic steroids or masking agents.

This is a graph from the paper. See if you can guess which day the contest was held on =D

216_2017_835_Fig1_HTML.gif

I mean, it's hardly surprising given how rife DNP use already is, but interesting given how much competitors and other bodybuilders on forums pretend they don't use it.

However, it could also explain some of the subjective increase in shitty contest condition we've seen in recent years, since DNP typically leaves an ugly layer of subcutaneous water that (at least from my own experience and with my clients) you can't easily get out with diuretics.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00216-017-0835-3

Last edited:
DNP is the absolute best fat burner that's probably why some people use it but to say that most people are using it is just paranoia. I bet you most people won't even touch it because it's too risky because one slip up and you're dead. (forgot you took it and take another)

Here in Mexico plenty of girls die due to taking DNP, there are also some fucking idiotic personal trainers that give women thyroid hormone which is OTC to lose weight, also phentermine is OTC here and some people fuck up there heart valves to lose a couple pounds... its fucking crazy the kind of things people can put in their body without researching it. Thats why I wouldnt put it past plenty of competitors to take DNP just because their trainer says so or doing it without researching it fully. How many guys research steroids thoroughly before cycling? Not that many.

Yeah DNP really is pretty common although not THAT dangerous given an LD50 is likely around 3,000mg from what Ive seen in literature although deaths from lower acute doses have been reported.

This isn?t to say that I recommend using it and I don?t anymore even though I?ve got plenty on hand. Hard to justify in my opinion unless you?re a very high level athlete

I think the LD50 is less than 3,000mg in a lot of cases. For example the sodium salt of DNP is a lot quicker acting and more potent because it's more water soluble. DNP not in salt form is the safest way to take it and I would have to say yes its really not that dangerous if you have correctly dosed caps or tablets.

I think that I might be dead if I didn't vomit a DNP sodium salt capsule one time. It was a pretty hot day I took it and went in the air conditioning to play computer games. Something was wrong because I was WAY to hot. Luckily I was getting hot mouth so I went outside and made myself vomit. There was a large glob of yellow goo so it seems like it had hardly started getting dissolved and absorbed yet I was insanely hot. I had been taking my own DNP caps for like 3 months and never got that hot. That was the last time I took DNP.

I started at 200mg and then went to 300mg. A few months later I started having liver pains which turned out to be fatty liver and spleen disease with some scaring of the liver. If you aren't using it to lose a pound a day for months then it might be pretty safe so I also could see why bodybuilders would use it to burn fat before a competition.

Last edited:
Fuck. Think the longest I?ve ever lasted was 2 weeks, I have no idea how you made it 3 months but I?d be so lethargic and feeling like shit that I never would.

Friend of mine ran the same caps I have up to 1000mg a day at the peak of a cut. Have no clue how people can deal with it although he wasn?t very well to say the least