• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Xanax (mg) : Adderall (mg) ?? Ratio Question

|~~ANT~~|

Ex-Bluelighter
I take 5-15mg of Adderall a day, depending on how much stuff I have to do.
(I'm renovating my house, while working two jobs.)

Problem is, the Adderall really wires me up so I need to drink alcohol all day to compensate for the speedy-twitchiness, but a days worth of alcohol is super expensive (in comparison to black market Xanax) and it's bad for my health...

I just had 15mg of Adderall with a 2mg bar of Xanax, but I think the ratio is off.
The Xanax is overpowering the Adderall... So, maybe I should do 15 mg Adderall and 1mg of Xanax next time?

Has anyone worked out a good ratio for this cocktail?

I take 3mg alprazolam a day with 40mg lisdexamphetamine (~25-30mg amphetamine). But that is with a tolerance due to daily usage.
I would try 1mg xanax per 10mg adderall.

No one is going to be able to answer this for you, it highly depends on how you react to both.

I could tell you what my balanced ratio is, but that wouldn't do you much good.

If you are tweaking hard enough to need xanax every time you take adderall you need to dial the dose back. Unless you have some physical condition that just makes it uncomfortable to be speeding, in which case you might want to reconsider your use.

TL ; DR version.
1. What ratios do people use when combining adderall and xanax?
2. Are there any health risks with this combination (assuming dose is moderated)?
3. How long does Xanax last? Should I break up my Xanax dose over the course of the day?
4. Are there any health risks with consuming 1mg of Xanax per day, indefinitely?
5. Are there any health risks with consuming 10mg of Adderall per day, indefinitely?
6. Should I have day or two per week off to reset tolerance, or whatever?

Long rambling version.
I'm not going to reconsider my use (of Adderall), because it is a drug that I don't abuse and I never have... Taking it makes my daily life undeniably better. I was sceptical about this at first, so I've monitored myself over about a year, with and without Adderall. I've also done this (over many years) with all sorts of drugs and have always failed to convince myself that consuming them is good for me. Alcohol does not improve my life and neither does marijuana. But, Adderall is a godsend. I've never had more than 25 mg in a day (I had this dose once, working a 16 hour day of hard labour while looking after a newborn baby, and it was too much). I have rarely ever consumed 20 mg in a day. Maybe a dozen times over 30 months.

It improves my relationship with my wife and my daughter (and all those other less significant people in my life). I come out of my shell, more when I have Adderall. I am confident. Memory is at least 10 times faster, so conversation is much more fluent and enjoyable. I do - at least - three times as much work around the house and the garrden... and I don't spend half the day riddled with anxiety... Also, it massively improves my sex life.

I'm renovating my house and my garden. I'm building a massive - 20 Square Meter - vegetable garden. I'm building a chicken coop. I'm painting. I'm ripping up carpet. I'm sanding walls. I'm filling gaps. I'm dismantling and rebuilding the interior of the garage. Also, I have two jobs and a two month old baby.

So - you see - I can't reconsider my use.

I'm not tweaking really hard, I'm just a naturally anxious person and amphetamines exaggerate my anxiety. Also I have some (non psychological) medical conditions. I'd rather not go into them, but I can tell you they that are proportionally symptomatica to my anxiety levels... So, it's a bit of a conundrum.

You said you could tell me what your balanced ratio is... Please do... It's not going to match my exact circumstances but if I get enough feedback from people about their preferred ratios, it might help me find my own.

I'm also curious about whether or not it is better to break the daily xanax dose up into micro-doses. I don't want to break the adderall up because of what I read about the consequences of micro dosing amphetamines. And, also, if I have any amphetamines after abut 10 am, I'm not going to struggle to get to sleep by midnight... So if anyone that has any experience micro-dosing xanax to alleviate the anxiety produced from adderall, I'd by hugely appreciative to receive their advice/recommendations.

I'm not going to go out and replicate somebody else's ratio / routine without taking into account tolerance. So, please indicate how long you've been consuming them - both separately and in combination.

I'm up to 15mg of Adderall today and 2mg of Xanax. The effect (so far) is kind of opiate like, but it's a blanker/emptier experience. I feel kind of like I'm in a trance. Perhaps the 10:1 ratio Mr.Deeds mentioned is ideal. If I bump it up to 20mg of dexamfetamine today, I'll hit that ratio so it should give me a good idea. But, I don't want to get into the habit of taking 20mg of adderall a day so I might adjust it to 10mg adderall / 1 mg Xanax tomorrow.

By chance, does anyone happen to have experience with this daily dose (10mg adderal + 1mg Xanax)?
Also: how long does Xanax last in comparison to Adderal? Will one of them outlast the other?

I will also be consuming a small amount of alcohol and marijuana.
Ideally, I'd like to find a ratio for all four.

P.S. Thanks so much for anyone who takes the time to respond... I've been a drug addict for a long time and I'm trying to switch to moderate healthy use rather than quitting everything, which doesn't work for me long term (I end up just relapsing)... I have had some success moderating alcohol, recently, and that's motivated me to believe that I can moderate my consumption of everything... I'm almost 40 years old now and I'm a father. I don't like extreme intoxication anymore. Don't want to be drunk or stoned and I don't want to trip out or get super tweaked. My tripping days are well and truly behind me... I need to find a balance of tipsy / buzzed / chill & focused. Living life completely sober - after emerging form an epic drug binge that spanned two decades - isn't realistic for me.. Hopefully moderation is a stepping stone towards sobriety, because - one day - I'd like to be okay without having to self-medicate on an ongoing basis. I've made a lot of progress already, from the degenerate addict I once was...

Last edited:
If you value your relationship with your wife, daughter, or anybody else you value in your life, you SURE AS FUCK do not want to get into a benzo habit.

A daily dose of 15 mg of Adderall is usually perfectly fine. If it's giving you too much anxiety, go see a psychiatrist and ask for some lyrica or gabapentin to take the edge off. Or maybe you can switch from Adderall to dexedrine or an equivalent dose of vyvanse.

Mixing a stim with high doses (and make no mistake, 2mg of xanax per day is a very high dose for someone with little tolerance) of an extremely addictive benzo is a recipe for disaster. Been there, done that.
Once you start escalating doses, you'll find yourself saying and doing things that no vegetable garden or chicken coop is going to make up for.

Xanax is *not* a first-line treatment for generalized anxiety. Especially when you're getting black market xans, which usually tend to be counterfeits containing irregular amounts of alprazolam, or various grey-market RC benzos.

Is 1mg of xanax a day really problematic?

I don't want to be a benzo addict or a recreational benzo user.
Isn't there a responsible way to consume it?

1. What ratios do people use when combining adderall and xanax?2. Are there any health risks with this combination (assuming dose is moderated)?3. How long does Xanax last? Should I break up my Xanax dose over the course of the day?4. Are there any health risks with consuming 1mg of Xanax per day, indefinitely?5. Are there any health risks with consuming 10mg of Adderall per day, indefinitely?6. Should I have day or two per week off to reset tolerance, or whatever?
I'm not going to reconsider my use (of Adderall), because it is a drug that I don't abuse and I never have... Taking it makes my daily life undeniably better. I was sceptical about this at first, so I've monitored myself over about a year, with and without Adderall. I've also done this (over many years) with all sorts of drugs and have always failed to convince myself that consuming them is good for me. Alcohol does not improve my life and neither does marijuana. But, Adderall is a godsend. I've never had more than 25 mg in a day (I had this dose once, working a 16 hour day of hard labour while looking after a newborn baby, and it was too much). I have rarely ever consumed 20 mg in a day. Maybe a dozen times over 30 months.It improves my relationship with my wife and my daughter (and all those other less significant people in my life). I come out of my shell, more when I have Adderall. I am confident. Memory is at least 10 times faster, so conversation is much more fluent and enjoyable. I do - at least - three times as much work around the house and the garrden... and I don't spend half the day riddled with anxiety... Also, it massively improves my sex life.I'm renovating my house and my garden. I'm building a massive - 20 Square Meter - vegetable garden. I'm building a chicken coop. I'm painting. I'm ripping up carpet. I'm sanding walls. I'm filling gaps. I'm dismantling and rebuilding the interior of the garage. Also, I have two jobs and a two month old baby.So - you see - I can't reconsider my use.I'm not tweaking really hard, I'm just a naturally anxious person and amphetamines exaggerate my anxiety. Also I have some (non psychological) medical conditions. I'd rather not go into them, but I can tell you they that are proportionally symptomatica to my anxiety levels... So, it's a bit of a conundrum.You said you could tell me what your balanced ratio is... Please do... It's not going to match my exact circumstances but if I get enough feedback from people about their preferred ratios, it might help me find my own.I'm also curious about whether or not it is better to break the daily xanax dose up into micro-doses. I don't want to break the adderall up because of what I read about the consequences of micro dosing amphetamines. And, also, if I have any amphetamines after abut 10 am, I'm not going to struggle to get to sleep by midnight... So if anyone that has any experience micro-dosing xanax to alleviate the anxiety produced from adderall, I'd by hugely appreciative to receive their advice/recommendations.I'm not going to go out and replicate somebody else's ratio / routine without taking into account tolerance. So, please indicate how long you've been consuming them - both separately and in combination....I'm up to 15mg of Adderall today and 2mg of Xanax. The effect (so far) is kind of opiate like, but it's a blanker/emptier experience. I feel kind of like I'm in a trance. Perhaps the 10:1 ratio Mr.Deeds mentioned is ideal. If I bump it up to 20mg of dexamfetamine today, I'll hit that ratio so it should give me a good idea. But, I don't want to get into the habit of taking 20mg of adderall a day so I might adjust it to 10mg adderall / 1 mg Xanax tomorrow.By chance, does anyone happen to have experience with this daily dose (10mg adderal + 1mg Xanax)?Also: how long does Xanax last in comparison to Adderal? Will one of them outlast the other?I will also be consuming a small amount of alcohol and marijuana.Ideally, I'd like to find a ratio for all four.P.S. Thanks so much for anyone who takes the time to respond... I've been a drug addict for a long time and I'm trying to switch to moderate healthy use rather than quitting everything, which doesn't work for me long term (I end up just relapsing)... I have had some success moderating alcohol, recently, and that's motivated me to believe that I can moderate my consumption of everything... I'm almost 40 years old now and I'm a father. I don't like extreme intoxication anymore. Don't want to be drunk or stoned and I don't want to trip out or get super tweaked. My tripping days are well and truly behind me... I need to find a balance of tipsy / buzzed / chill & focused. Living life completely sober - after emerging form an epic drug binge that spanned two decades - isn't realistic for me.. Hopefully moderation is a stepping stone towards sobriety, because - one day - I'd like to be okay without having to self-medicate on an ongoing basis. I've made a lot of progress already, from the degenerate addict I once was...
This is why TL'DR exists. There is this new invention called paragraphs. Try it sometime. Everything you said makes no sense. Closed. I wonder if this user uses amphetamines

Last edited:
Dude: I don't get a comedown from small doses of Adderall.
In fact, I don't know anybody that does.

As for the question: Can you feel?
Um, yeah, I can feel.

I was trying to be responsible and seek out some guidance from people who've combined these drugs before, because I have no experience doing so and I'm generally unfamiliar with benzos... Isn't that the point of this forum?

What does you don't mix adderall or any stims with alcohol mean?
It's a good combination, in moderation, as far as combinations go.
There are people on here who inject street chemicals.

I don't know how high you were when you wrote your post, but - like I said - I don't get a comedown from small doses of adderall, so I don't see why I need to "man up"? Did I do something to you in a previous life?

I realised yesterday that alcohol is an unnecessary addition, with the Xanax. So, maybe you're right about that. But, you don't need to patronise me and shut down my thread for no reason...

The ratio of 1 mg Xanax : 10 mg Adderall is still overbalanced towards Xanax. Adding alcohol and weed to that combination made me a fucking mess.

Going to try 0.5mg Xanax : 10 mg Adderall, with no alcohol.

Easy killer, i think everyone here is trying to help.

Again, why not lower the adderall dosage. I know you said there's a lot you're doing right now in life, but wouldn't offsetting adderall with other drugs be doing the same thing as taking a lower dose?

Once you start escalating doses, you'll find yourself saying and doing things that no vegetable garden or chicken coop is going to make up for.

Haha, truth!

I added my .02c purely for the sake of him wanting other people's experiences with combining the two drugs. I have been on xanax for years though and my tolerance is pretty high. Like others have said, YMMV. If you insist on using both, then know that you are entering a potentially dangerous dual addiction, one that you may not even notice til you run out of benzos. But for HR purposes, since you are intent on continuing the combo, start low with the xanax, .25mg as a starter dose. Maybe titrate up until you feel comfortable. The less benzos you need to take the better off you will be. And I strongly recommend not using the benzos everyday.

Easy killer, i think everyone here is trying to help.

There was a weird (second) post that was removed from the moderator I responded to that was a little passive-aggressive and he shut down my thread for no reason... I PM'd him two days ago and didn't get a response. Our interactions have not made sense.

-anyway-

Lower the dosage below 5 mg? I don't always have 10+. More often than not I'll have 5. Sometimes 10-20... and I thought micro-dosing amphetamines was dangerous? That's one of the questions I wanted to answer with this thread, but nobody has responded about that so far...

Problem is I'm an anxious person generally, so I'd want to take a bit of Xanax with or without the amphetamines. I drink alcohol and smoke weed because I'm anxious, but that doesn't help... and amphetamines make me drink more. Xanax actually does help. I'm hopeful that I'll find a balance that actually works. Because I've been in a cycle of self-medication for a long time that is dysfunctional.

start low with the xanax, .25mg as a starter dose... And I strongly recommend not using the benzos everyday.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Lower the dosage below 5 mg? I don't always have 10+. More often than not I'll have 5. Sometimes 10-20... and I thought micro-dosing amphetamines was dangerous? That's one of the questions I wanted to answer with this thread, but nobody has responded about that so far...

No, micro-dosing amphetamines is not dangerous... why would it?
And you never asked about the danger of micro-dosing amps, or maybe I misread something.

Re: Breaking up your xanax dose: Yeah, you do not want to take your xanax dose for the day all at once, seeing as how xanax is a relatively short-lasting benzo.
A therapeutic starting dose of xanax is usually .25 mg twice per day. But even then, I should probably put "therapeutic" in question mark when you're getting bars off the street. Aside from never you being sure whether the dosage is right, or even if it is actually alprazolam, benzodiazepine addiction is a *very* slippery slope, so getting your pills from a medical professional who's not just going to script you a dose increase willy-nilly drastically lowers the risk of addiction and uncontrollable dose-escalation versus simply being able to call your dealer / get on the darkweb and score another bag of pressed 2mg bars.

Problem is I'm an anxious person generally, so I'd want to take a bit of Xanax with or without the amphetamines. I drink alcohol and smoke weed because I'm anxious, but that doesn't help... and amphetamines make me drink more. Xanax actually does help. I'm hopeful that I'll find a balance that actually works. Because I've been in a cycle of self-medication for a long time that is dysfunctional.

Xanax is a highly addictive GABAergic drug, much like alcohol. On the one hand, it is clearly superior in terms of side-effects and toxicity; on the other hand, this also makes it more deceptive: Since the effects of intoxication aren't as outwardly noticeable as those of ethanol, you might find yourself falling victim to delusions of sobriety, thinking yourself "clear-headed" when in reality you're already slurring words and losing most of your rational inhibitions.

Self-medicating with an addictive pharmaceutical GABAergic instead of one sold as a beverage does not necessarily make a cycle of self-medication less dysfunctional.
If you want to go about this the right way (especially in the interest of your family and your relationship to them), let me once again suggest that you avoid the xanax (except for actual emergencies), and talk to your psychiatrist about supplementing the adderall with gabapentin or pregabalin. These work well for taking the edge off stims, while only having a fraction of the abuse potential of a benzo.

I use kratom/ativan if I need to for the comedowns. Not nearly as dangerous as Xanax in terms of abuse and withdrawal symptoms. Ativan can be easy to get a script for if you would consider. It just may have a better outcome than buying street xanax (I have done this alot so no judgement).

Xanax is in my naive opinion one of the most powerful benzos on Earth. The drug possesses a short half life, thus making withdrawal situations scarier. It also fucks you up quite alot even under lower dosages in comparison to say klonopin in my experience.

Hey.... I don't know what your cup of tea is but Kratom is amazing for the tweaky edginess and comedowns of stimulants. I was once an opie head and never liked benzos but I totally do prefer kratom. Idk why I use the ativan still come to think of it. I would diagnose the crashes in the past with oxy and it was a magical combo. But you know..

So please before anything try to alleviate your issues with kratom. The substance is totally safe and most find adderall/kratom to enhance eachother unlike most opiate/stimulant combos. There is a tiny bit of a withdrawal from kratom itself but the withdrawals from adderall are honestly way worse imho. Kratom withdrawal is a joke compared to benzo withdrawal or actual pharamceutical opiates. But I could see people contesting my last statement. Lmk what you think about the kratom idea

Last edited:
Kratom may be less addictive than oxy or heroin, but it's still an opioid and, as such, carries a very significant risk of addiction, similar to "weaker" opioids like codeine, tramadol or hydrocodone.

You wouldn't be the first person to end up going through an ounce of it per day eventually.

Also, there is always a risk of kratom getting banned in the not-too-distant future, at which point you might find yourself experiencing classic opioid withdrawals, pushing you to the point of taking harder opioids to stop the cravings. So kratom, too, basically means you're playing with fire.

Kratom may be less addictive than oxy or heroin, but it's still an opioid and, as such, carries a very significant risk of addiction, similar to "weaker" opioids like codeine, tramadol or hydrocodone.

You wouldn't be the first person to end up going through an ounce of it per day eventually.

Also, there is always a risk of kratom getting banned in the not-too-distant future, at which point you might find yourself experiencing classic opioid withdrawals, pushing you to the point of taking harder opioids to stop the cravings. So kratom, too, basically means you're playing with fire.

You pose a fine point... But I'd still recommend kratom over something like xanax on a daily basis. I guess kratom could lead one further into the opiate world but from what I've seen most users do not start with kratom. My personal usage for kratom is that it keeps me off oxycodone so I am more fond of recommending it than I guess I should have been. Hell I don't know, OP might even find gabapentin to be a better alternative. Just something that doesn't require a constant supply or the result could be siezing out at any given moment. The xanax itself isn't the scary part so much it's the potential of withdrawing from a street bought item that may not always be available (if dealer get busted or something like that)

I used to be on methadone, so kratom is not a good idea for me... Also I have xanax and I don't have kratom.

And you never asked about the danger of micro-dosing amps, or maybe I misread something.

It wasn't phrased as a question.

I don't want to break the adderall up because of what I read about the consequences of micro dosing amphetamines.

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/85561-amphetamine-microdose-sensitizes-the-dopamine-system/

A therapeutic starting dose of xanax is usually .25 mg twice per day. But even then, I should probably put "therapeutic" in question mark when you're getting bars off the street. Aside from never you being sure whether the dosage is right, or even if it is actually alprazolam

I figure I'll just crush all of them and mix them up. That way even if the pills are have different dosages, it doesn't matter. I can just weigh out the equivalent amount... Going to start with .25mg, twice a day, maybe four-five days a week with 5mg of Adderall.

As for going to a psychiatrist and getting a prescription, I can't afford to see a specialist and I can't afford the prescription. This is what I have at the moment, so I'm going to make do. But, I appreciate the concern.

Thanks for the responses, people.

Street bars are often overdosed FYI (pressed alprazolam)

With 15mg adderall I would take .5 mg xan at most. (15mg would feel like a sugar pill to me anyway.)

Not only is the dose amount important but also the timing. I was proscribed dex and Valium. I?d take my morning dex when I?d wake up around 8a and at about 1-2p I?d take 10mg of Valium then around 8p I?d take another 10mg. I actually found that combing the two is kind of a waste of both drugs (my opinion at least).
I get where you?re coming from, I have GAD and stimulates tend to bring out anxiety symptoms. The way I tackled the problem was find the ?sweet? spot for my morning dex dose. I played around with smaller doses and eventually did find the sweet spot where it?s not too overstimulating but the focus is still there. Break your pill into smaller pieces and spread your dose out over a period of two hours.
I hope this helps

I would suggest trying 0.5mg for just taking the edge off

It’s way better to just enjoy and work through the amp’s and save benzos for when you want to sleep.