• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - House, Senate pass bipartisan bill to confront the opioid epidemic

I fear growing old in this day and age, not because of the pains of age, but because opioids may not exist when I'm old...

They'll be around. If drug prohibition has taught us anything, it's that if there's a will, somebody will find a way to get you what you're looking for. ;)

wow, this is seriously fucked up.

i suspect any further restrictions on pain patients' medications will have the exact opposite outcome of what they are apparently aiming for; more people will turn to dangerous black market opiates to manage their pain, and legitimate pain patients that will be forced to suffer for no good reason.

i just wish politicians would leave medical treatments to prescribing doctors and health professionals.

i hope everyone who may be affected by this will be voting in the midterms. :|

Perversely, that is exactly what they are hoping for. It is in their best interests to create criminals; it legitimizes the existence of the DEA and the Justice Dept.

The more criminals the more funding and man-power they will seek...

"Attorney General by regulation, for fentanyl, oxycodone, hydrocodone, oxymorphone, or hydromorphone"

fucking idiots forgot to put morphine, levophanol, demerol, tapentadol, and methadone in the law all great opioids

Last edited:
Not talking about anyone on this thread in particular, but with all these talk about opioids and pain patients, I frequently see people complaining about the stricter laws over the United States making it impossible to get opioids, and every addict now seems to have some sort of TMJ or back problem which makes it impossible apparently to live their lives without opioids, I know some people have extreme pain conditions who do need these medications, the thing is, here in Mexico for example, pharmaceutical opioids are non existant practically, you can get morphine or oxycodone but you need a special prescription signed by the goverment and you need to have intense pain to get them, unless you have terminal cancer you wont get them, even people who are out of surgery all they can get at most is tramadol which is OTC here and I dont see anybody complaining about pain or seeking out opiates, actually, even though Mexico produces a lot of the US heroin, heroin is extremely hard to find here, very few people are interested in it, opium is sometimes used traditionally but very rarely, so my question is, am I right in thinking that 90% of opioid addicts who say that they NEED the drugs dont really need them?

Not talking about anyone on this thread in particular, but with all these talk about opioids and pain patients, I frequently see people complaining about the stricter laws over the United States making it impossible to get opioids, and every addict now seems to have some sort of TMJ or back problem which makes it impossible apparently to live their lives without opioids, I know some people have extreme pain conditions who do need these medications, the thing is, here in Mexico for example, pharmaceutical opioids are non existant practically, you can get morphine or oxycodone but you need a special prescription signed by the goverment and you need to have intense pain to get them, unless you have terminal cancer you wont get them, even people who are out of surgery all they can get at most is tramadol which is OTC here and I dont see anybody complaining about pain or seeking out opiates, actually, even though Mexico produces a lot of the US heroin, heroin is extremely hard to find here, very few people are interested in it, opium is sometimes used traditionally but very rarely, so my question is, am I right in thinking that 90% of opioid addicts who say that they NEED the drugs dont really need them?

How exactly are you distinguishing a "legitimate pain patient" and an "addict"? Am I a blood pressure medication addict because I take it for the rest of my life, even though I don't NEED it because I could live without it?

Do you really NEED two eyeballs? Where I come from if you get an infection in the eye they just pop it out and take a tramadol. Or where you live are there a bunch of eyeball addict pussies who NEED to watch movies in 3D?

Avcpl...

That's the weirdest shit I've read in a while... Thank you for that...Holy shit... wtf. Weird.

Hahahahaha, to be fair, you know what I mean, lets get real, we know a large percentage of people who "need" opioids dont need them and are usually just addicts who are trying to justify their drugs abuse to themselves and others by exaggerating minor conditions which all human beings live with, dont get me wrong, I love opiates, I use them recreationally, but to me it seems low to try to justify your addiction by saying you have severe debilitating pain when you just get the ocassional back pain or whatever just so people wont look down on you and you can justify your abuse to yourself.

And honestly I would rathe have opiates be legal, imagine if instead of drinking alcohol every once a week people drank opium tea once a week, opiates are not liver toxic, they dont damage the kidneys, they dont increase blood pressure and are not cardiotoxic, they dont lower inhibitions and cause violence and reckless behavior, we would have much less crime and much less healthcare issues too. Unfortunately for some reason some people just seem to not be able to control their use with opiates, much more so than with alcohol.

There is a difference between something that will actually improve your long term health like BP meds, and a medication you abuse to feel better, do we have any evidence opioids increase lifespan? Im sure they wouldnt lower it used responsibly, but they sure as hell wont improve long term health outcomes, so basically someone who is using them daily is either abusing them recreationally or simply cant stand the physical pain and given that opiates are extremely rare to be prescribed in most of the world we can come to the conclusion that 99% of people who use them WANT them dont NEED them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally disagree with you Jared. Sure you can live in extreme pain but what kind of quality of life is it? Also Mexico has a different society then the US. If your crippled in Mexico family will rally around and support you as long as necessary even if you can't work. In the US if you can't work your going to have a bad time especially in the south. Many of the people who are chronic pain patients need the medication to be functional.

Hahahahaha, to be fair, you know what I mean, lets get real, we know a large percentage of people who "need" opioids dont need them and are usually just addicts who are trying to justify their drugs abuse to themselves and others by exaggerating minor conditions which all human beings live with, dont get me wrong, I love opiates, I use them recreationally, but to me it seems low to try to justify your addiction by saying you have severe debilitating pain when you just get the ocassional back pain or whatever just so people wont look down on you and you can justify your abuse to yourself.

And honestly I would rathe have opiates be legal, imagine if instead of drinking alcohol every once a week people drank opium tea once a week, opiates are not liver toxic, they dont damage the kidneys, they dont increase blood pressure and are not cardiotoxic, they dont lower inhibitions and cause violence and reckless behavior, we would have much less crime and much less healthcare issues too. Unfortunately for some reason some people just seem to not be able to control their use with opiates, much more so than with alcohol.

There is a difference between something that will actually improve your long term health like BP meds, and a medication you abuse to feel better, do we have any evidence opioids increase lifespan? Im sure they wouldnt lower it used responsibly, but they sure as hell wont improve long term health outcomes, so basically someone who is using them daily is either abusing them recreationally or simply cant stand the physical pain and given that opiates are extremely rare to be prescribed in most of the world we can come to the conclusion that 99% of people who use them WANT them dont NEED them.

Even if as you say it's only 10 percent of ppl that truly need the opioids. Their life should not be ruined to try and save addicts that are just going to do heroin anyways no matter what.

Also, why should those ten percent suffer thoer whole life just because people in Mexico that have pain do?

Its not just Mexico, all over the world its extremely rare to be prescribed opiates, they are reserved for extremely special cases and the general population does just fine, I agree that people who do have extreme pain do need these medications, but 99% of opiate consumers are either abusers like myself who use them recreationally or people who dont really need them.

And im not against they recreational or medical use, the world would be a better place if all drugs were regulated and taxed period, what I do have a problem with is the people who want to abuse them recreationally so they fake pain and injuries or greatly exaggerate minor conditions just to justify their abuse to themselves and other and then complain that the goverment is killing them and other BS, the only people who have a right to complain are true pain patients.

jarde borgetti:

You don't like ppl faking injuries so you want them using fent instead of pills at expense of those with pain. This is what I'm hearing

My pain is not disabling, but it's shitty. Sounds like you want me to live a less comfortable and productive life so that addicts can use street fent instead of pills.

But then you say drugs should he legal yet you attack the people getting them for mild chronic pain. It's contradictory

Doctors prescribe opioids all the time to people that aren't crippled and bedridden and it's totally warranted and standard practice in medicine on this country.

We work a load more than mexicans and most every other country. I

Last edited:
That is why the US is the only country on the planet that has a serious problem with opioid addicts, dont get me wrong, I agree that opiates should be legal and you should be able to get fucked up on whatever drug you like safely, but what is the point in saying its because of pain? Why cant you be honest just like myself and tell everybody that you like getting fucked up on opiates? Its low to fake pain and injuries to get drugs, when these drugs should be legal anyways to use recreationally in moderation. And I dont believe you work more, Mexico is one of the countries with the highest hours worked in a year in the planet, and we still dont need opiates to get by, you can get pure LSD, DMT, pure coke, 2CB, pure MDMA, Meth, all Benzos, crack, weed, pretty much any drug on the face of the earth you can get pretty easily here in Mexico and its popular but nobody gives a fuck about opiates here even though we produce most of the US heroin, heroin is extremely hard to find and nobody seeks it out only in border towns where it is dirt cheap when it doesnt cross the border people use it, even opium is rarely used and we have a shit ton of it, morphine and oxycodone is pretty much impossible to get, and we are a country with 1/3 the population of the US, where we work much more hours a year and get paid less, and we dont abuse opiates, quit the I work hard BS, you like getting high off opiates and abusing them like I do, and like the people who "use them for pain" but have ridiculous tolerances which could kill several people easily at once like 600mgs oxycodone daily who are obviously abusing them. We should be able to use them recreationally with no more guilt than someone drinks, but faking pain and complaining about the goverment is BS.

There is NO way the US is the only country on the planet with a serious opiod problem. You don't think there is heroin being sold anywhere but the US? Maybe we have a larger prescription opiod scene than other countries.

We also have a media circus that makes sure everyone knows about "the opiod epidemic". We have cut heroin that is killing everyone. Do other countries have those things? I'm sure people are dying in the gutter all over from opiates, just no one cares to talk about it in those countries.

Canada has been routinely recognized by the media for having a bad fent problem. A number of middle eastern countries also appear in the media for heroin problems along with some countries located close to the golden triangle.

Illicit fent overdoses are far higher in British Columbia and Canada compared to America. The use. Of opiates is far higher in European countries compared to the Americas while the use of opioids is the highest in the Americas compared to all other countries. This per the 2017 UNODC report.

Afghanistan has a big heroin problem and no prescriptions

The availability of opioids is what causes epidemics. Not the specific type of opioid available.

DEA is a failure do they blame doctors.

That is why the US is the only country on the planet that has a serious problem with opioid addicts, dont get me wrong, I agree that opiates should be legal and you should be able to get fucked up on whatever drug you like safely, but what is the point in saying its because of pain? Why cant you be honest just like myself and tell everybody that you like getting fucked up on opiates? Its low to fake pain and injuries to get drugs, when these drugs should be legal anyways to use recreationally in moderation. And I dont believe you work more, Mexico is one of the countries with the highest hours worked in a year in the planet, and we still dont need opiates to get by, you can get pure LSD, DMT, pure coke, 2CB, pure MDMA, Meth, all Benzos, crack, weed, pretty much any drug on the face of the earth you can get pretty easily here in Mexico and its popular but nobody gives a fuck about opiates here even though we produce most of the US heroin, heroin is extremely hard to find and nobody seeks it out only in border towns where it is dirt cheap when it doesnt cross the border people use it, even opium is rarely used and we have a shit ton of it, morphine and oxycodone is pretty much impossible to get, and we are a country with 1/3 the population of the US, where we work much more hours a year and get paid less, and we dont abuse opiates, quit the I work hard BS, you like getting high off opiates and abusing them like I do, and like the people who "use them for pain" but have ridiculous tolerances which could kill several people easily at once like 600mgs oxycodone daily who are obviously abusing them. We should be able to use them recreationally with no more guilt than someone drinks, but faking pain and complaining about the goverment is BS.

Count yourself lucky that you do not suffer from chronic pain.