Bluelight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Daily low dosing

Dr. Kenneth Alper was among the attendees who gave a presentation on the benefits of ibogaine to the Catalan Ministry of Health. He believes that ibogaine's most likely path to prominence in the U.S. will be as a medication for meth addiction, for the simple reason that doctors and treatment providers have found that small daily doses seem to work better for meth addiction than the mind-blowing "flood doses" used on opiate addicts. Alper says no one thought to try non-psychedelic quantities of ibogaine until recently...

http://archive.seattleweekly.com/hom...129/story.html

-----

Ibogaine has also been given in regimens of small daily doses of 25 to 300 mgs/day and in small daily doses where the dose is increased on a daily basis until the desired interruption of drug dependence is accomplished. These low dose regimens can be traced back some decades to the work of Leo Zeff who in the case of a single patient provided ibogaine on an "as needed" basis via nasal administration to a cocaine dependent patient to substitute for his cocaine use. Lines of ibogaine were somewhat equivalent to lines of cocaine and the patient ceased cocaine use after a week of this daily self-regulated ibogaine regimen. Additionally, reports from Canadian sources indicate multi-week low dose ibogaine therapy 20 mg/day following a therapeutic dose of ibogaine in the treatment of cocaine dependence. Further, reports throughout the ibogaine provider community indicate the use of multiple dosing of varying strength doses over varying time periods in the treatment of opioid dependence. As with all determinations in medicine, decisions must be taken based on observations of the patient, knowledge of the disorder(s) and the medication(s) used.

https://truthtalk13.wordpress.com/20...gaine-therapy/

-----

For those flooding

Best to have new routines in place before the session. It really isn't will power as much as practical plans for dealing with life, and the belief that life can change. All that ibogaine can guarantee is to interrupt the addiction. That's it, the only guarantee. The more one plans how to handle the stressors, the better the chances of succeeding at whatever goal one has.

I work with people to encourage the best pre and post care possible. Even for those who go back to using, I still see benefit. Like shame and guilt reduction, resolution of issues caused by early trauma, etc. It is not often mentioned, but some require 2-3 sessions. Ibogaine seems to target the most pressing issues first. With a junkie that would be the addiction. Maybe next time, deeper delving into emotional wounds which could have caused using in the first place. I myself have had one flood only, and it worked.

BOOSTERS. No-one should be sent home from a session without some boosters. These are smaller doses of the medicine, safe to take at home. Most benefit from one at 30 days.

-lol_Taco

Last edited by mr peabody; 13-10-2018 at 00:41.

2. Collapse Details

End your methamphetamine addiction with ibogaine

The first and most important requirement is that you have to be 100% ready to be done with drugs, that you are mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically ready to fully surrender
    yourself and accept plant medicine healing in your life. You have to know what you want and mean it. Ibogaine will work for you only if you are ready.

If you are not ready to take full responsibility over your life and choices, then ibogaine treatment is not for you.

Methamphetamine is a poison that acts as a stimulant but then begins to systematically destroy the body. Meth releases high levels of dopamine when ingested and then blocks the normal flow of dopamine in the absence of the drug. This involves the reward system that regulates pleasure, happiness, motivation, energy, and functional ability. Meth changes the way the brain functions; and the brain becomes dependent on the drug to survive. Prolonged meth abuse brings with it serious health conditions including memory loss, aggression, psychotic behavior and potential heart and brain damage depleting the bodys resources, The physical effects start to deteriorate the body from the inside out, creating a devastating dependence that can only be relieved by taking more of the drug.

Ibogaine methamphetamine detox therapy: What to expect

At the heart of all addictions, it first began on a spiritual and emotional level. This is the also why many rehabilitation programs such as the twelve-step program have proven unsuccessful in the long term because traditional detox therapies only work to heal the physical level, where the current rate of success is about 1% - 7%. Too many people who have been through these expensive and ineffective programs end up with a sense of despair, and even a sense of personal failure. Most rehabilitation centers and western society in general, are not aware that humans exist in 3 worlds: physical, mental & spiritual. While there are on-going support groups for addicts trying to kick their habit, symptoms of withdrawal can be so overwhelming that attempts to discontinue the drug often end in failure.

Physically ibogaine works to relieve symptoms of withdrawal such as sweating, itchy skin, shakes, and twitches that users of meth often feel after the drug has worn off. Patients that have used ibogaine for treating meth addiction report a complete absence of physical symptoms once treatment is over. Ibogaine works by resetting neurotransmitters in the brain. It also works as a psycho-spiritual tool that helps the person look deeply into his / her past to find the root problem of their addiction. Addicts are usually victims of deep emotional traumas who are seeking to find an escape of this through their drug of choice. The key to breaking your addiction to meth is understanding this:

Ibogaine takes you on a deep introspective psychological journey that allows you to forgive others who have hurt you as well as forgive yourself for things you have done that you regret and continue to carry with you.

Ibogaine therapy can provide individuals with critical insights into the origins of their addiction. This is the key to full recovery: digging up and reviewing the roots of addiction. These profound realizations contribute to full recovery and a deep new found appreciation for ones life. Once the iboga has broken your addiction, the next step is to rebuild the body and mind with nutritional medicine and supplements. It is this extra step that can increase the chances of a lifelong recovery from addiction. While ibogaine is not successful 100% of the time, success rates from various clinics range between 70% to 80%.

Ibogaine is the only substance known to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms associated with methamphetamine addiction. Ibogaine doesn't work for everyone, but for many it can be truly life-changing.

Importantly, for those who treat their addiction with ibogaine, but return to the same environment where they abused meth, there is a 90 percent relapse rate.

The difference between your success or failure will depend on whether you are

1. Committed to the process of recovery
    2. Committed to removing yourself from your previous environment
    Last edited by mr peabody; 12-10-2018 at 03:00.

3. Collapse Details

The Iboga spirit appeared to me as a black man, an African warrior, and said he was there to help me. I immediately began thinking about my father, as I have much childhood trauma associated with him. Iboga clapped his hands, and my dad appeared. He looked drunk and had an aggressive, angry expression on his face, with his fists in the air like he was about to beat me. Suddenly, Iboga clapped his hands again, and instantly my father was transformed into a scared little boy, around age eleven, crying about being beaten by his grandfather (his primary caregiver during his childhood). This vision humbled me to a level I had never felt before; the massive resentment I held towards my father was uprooted out of me by Iboga.

Next, came my mother. Iboga did something very different this time: he transformed me into my mother, and all of a sudden I felt all the pain and suffering that I had caused her during my addiction through lying, stealing, manipulating. This vision humbled me to a level I never felt before, and after the experience, I cannot bring myself to lie to her without bawling my eyes out, precisely because I was her and I felt all the pain I had caused her. Iboga allowed me to forgive myself for the pain I caused the woman who loved me more than anyone else in the world, but he emphasized that I must never again cause her that type of pain.

I remember my hallucinations. I saw shamans in my closed eye visuals staring at me. I also saw a jaguar just staring into my eyes. The worst part was when I saw my mom crying. When I would use drugs, my mom would cry sometimes, but when I was high I didn't care. When I saw my mom crying, I felt so shitty, like I owe her for all her happiness that was lost.

I laid there and I had deep locked thoughts from my childhood, flashbacks of all the negative experiences I had, and realized exactly why I used drugs to begin with. I did also see open eye visuals. There was one moment where I saw a pair of non-human eyes floating above, then all of a sudden a long tongue dropped to my bed where the eyes were, this hallucination was very shocking. It was like the same shock experienced when you hear a loud and unexpected sound. Ibogaine had a lot of those moments. Ibogaine is like a stern teacher or parent teaching you a lesson, it is not fun and games. Towards the end, I felt very peaceful.

I was at peace with everything. I accepted my fate, that I had died trying to save myself from a lifetime of misery as well as everyone around me. The ibogaine was working a miracle and saving my life. It totally cleansed my body from every toxin I had put in it for 20 years. It defragmented my brain and allowed me to reboot. I was laying there like a dead man and all of a sudden the power came back on.

https://thethirdwave.co/ibogaine-treatment/

Last edited by mr peabody; 12-10-2018 at 04:08.

4. Collapse Details

Ibogaine and methamphetamine

Last month, dozens of ibogaine researchers, activists, and treatment providers gathered for a conference in Barcelona, where topics included safety and sustainable sourcing of ibogaine from Africa. Dr. Kenneth Alper was among the attendees who gave a presentation on the benefits of ibogaine to the Catalan Ministry of Health. The NYU prof believes ibogaine’s most likely path to prominence in the United States will be as a medication for meth addiction for the simple reason that doctors and treatment providers have found that small daily doses seem to work better for meth addiction than the mind-blowing “flood doses” used on opiate addicts.

"No one thought to try non-hallucinogenic quantities of ibogaine until recently,"
    says Alper.

Clare Wilkins, a facilitator of over 700 ibogaine treatments, has been experimenting with small daily doses of ibogaine for people with heart conditions or other health problems that make flood dosing unadvisable. "The non-psychedelic regimen seems very successful," she says.

-Keegan Hamilton

-----

Try small daily doses of 25-300 mg/day, where the dose is gradually increased each day until it is felt to have been effective for eliminating WDs/cravings. Iboga accumulates in the body. It remains in the body for more than 4 weeks. This means that all the drops you take in a 5-week period will accumulate and remain in your body until they slowly wear off. If the dose you take exceeds 10 drops a day, physical and psychological effects effects can occur. Be aware of that some people respond highly sensitively to a few drops only. It's important to listen to the signs of your body at all times and adjust your dosage accordingly. It's better not to take the iboga tincture before going to sleep. The plant gives you energy and might cause insomnia.

Whilst treating yourself with iboga, it is advisable to keep stimulants such as coffee to a minimum, as well as tobacco or certain herbs. Your receptors will become very sensitive and you may have an unexpectedly strong reaction to them. It is strongly discouraged to combine iboga with other psychedelics. Iboga should never be combined with anti-depressant medication such as SSRI's. Such a combination would be very dangerous.

-ed
    Last edited by mr peabody; 12-10-2018 at 08:03.

5. Collapse Details

Using ibogaine for meth detox

I was a methamphetamine addict for 17 years, and because of the effect ibogaine had, after many programs, and medications for bi-polar or psychotic tendencies, Ibogaine was the
    only thing that ever actually removed the imprint of stimulants from my life, including healing any mental fractures diagnosed by psychologists. Stimulants are very different than other drugs, causing an entirely different type of damage requiring a completely different approach to healing the body, especially the mind. Methamphetamine probably does more damage to the brain than any other substance. I have seen permanent damage in others.

Recovery from methamphetamine addiction starts with three days off meth. Ibogaine is a central nervous system stimulant, and you want to start feeling better before proceeding with the treatment. By the third day cravings to use become extremely intense. Normally ibogaine is given in 1/4 doses to help ease those cravings. This helps people stay comfortable and get through those initial difficult days coming off meth. This helps people to eat and rest well, while relieving anxiety and the compulsion to use. This stabilizes and enables you to feel well enough to permit the body's return to strength. By the time you do the flood session, you already have the real healing properties of the ibogaine metabolizing.

It takes much longer for the brain to heal from stimulant use than from opiate dependency. Meth really "amps up" the release of dopamine over and over, so the ability to feel good naturally has been gone for years, depending on how long you have used stimulants. This is something that I noticed right away; I did not have to go through several months of waiting to have energy and a clear minded ambition, along with other basic functions. This is why relapse was so predominant. You just get tired of waiting to feel better and right away when you use it comes back. So it's a tricky drug and very deeply embedded in the psych. It's almost like there are two kinds of addictions—dopamine vs endorphins. Both are vital neurotransmitters for feeling well.

I might not have understood stimulant treatment if I hadn't had the experience myself. I tried every kind of program, psych medications, jails and meetings, rehabs, some for 6 months, long term sober living, everything I could do in earnest attempts to work this out, resulting in a year or two off drugs under very confined life style, feeling vulnerable, waiting for it to come back over and over. Very frustrating. This is why I have spent the last eleven years learning, documenting and sharing my information with various ibogaine providers. Ibogaine actually fixes the mind and body.

Crack and cocaine have properties similar to methamphetamine and the treatments are similar because they cannot be in the system along with ibogaine. People have had seizures and cardiac arrest from the combination of ibogaine and other stimulants. I have heard of close calls, and even some deaths directly related to mixing ibogaine with stimulants. Unlike opiates, ibogaine has zero tolerance for stimulants in the system.

Screening needs to be done carefully because ibogaine is a stimulant and can trigger some of these conditions. The mind must be clear in preparation so that confusion doesn't interfere with the treatment. The mind can only handle so much before undesired side effects and a break-down of the psych may occur. This is also why treatment for stimulants requires multiple dosing along with a thorough evaluation of someone's mental stability. Stimulants invite so many other conditions on top of the dependency, one must work hard to avoid complications.

People choosing to use ibogaine for meth or crack must have a set of questions for any provider to ensure they receive the treatment they need. Ibogaine is not a "one size fits all treatment," and some providers have not worked with stimulants very often. I always suggest getting as much information as possible about how they do the treatment and what their personal and clinical experience is.

Stimulant users seem to purge more than opiate users. They also seem to struggle in "letting go" to the ibogaine, another reason for the introductory doses. It helps people to relax and feel better. In treating stimulant use it's all about control. Everyone is different and has different experiences in their past, and it's the provider's job to see where you're "at" in order to assist in making it a comfortable and effective treatment.

-anon

Last edited by mr peabody; 14-10-2018 at 09:47.

6. Collapse Details

Methamphetamine and cardiovascular pathology

Sharlene Kaye, Johan Duflou, Rebecca Mcketin, Shane Darke

There is sufficient clinical and experimental evidence to suggest that methamphetamine can have adverse and potentially fatal effects on the cardiovascular system. The existing literature suggests that: (1) meth users are at elevated risk of cardiac pathology; (2) risk is not likely to be limited to the duration of use, because of the chronic pathology associated with methamphetamine use; (3) the risk of cardiac pathology is greatest among chronic methamphetamine users; (4) pre‐existing cardiac pathology, due to methamphetamine use or other factors, increases the risk of an acute cardiac event; and (5) meth use is likely to exacerbate the risk of cardiac pathology from other causes, and may therefore lead to premature mortality.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...f_the_evidence

-----

Iboga accumulates in the body. It remains in the body for more than 4 weeks. This means that all the drops you take in a 5-week period will accumulate and remain in your body until they slowly wear off. If the dose you take exceeds 10 drops a day, physical and psychological effects can occur. Be aware of that some people respond very sensitively to a few drops only. It is important to listen to the signs of your body at all times, and adjust your dosage accordingly. Do not take the iboga tincture before going to sleep. The plant gives you energy and might cause insomnia.

Whilst treating yourself with iboga, it is advisable to keep stimulants such as coffee to a minimum, as well as tobacco or certain herbs. Your receptors will become very sensitive and you may have an unexpectedly strong reaction to them. It is strongly discouraged to combine iboga with other psychedelics. Iboga should never be combined with anti-depressant medication such as SSRI's. Such a combination would be very dangerous.

Doctors and treatment providers have found that daily low doses of iboga seem to work better for meth addiction than the mind-blowing "flood doses" used on opiate addicts.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...=posts&t=52279

Last edited by mr peabody; 15-10-2018 at 07:55.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12