Bluelight

Thread: The NIMO Tube: Most Dangerous Digital Display Ever

1. Collapse Details
    The NIMO Tube: Most Dangerous Digital Display Ever 
    Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Homeless & Anonymous
    Skull
    Some of you geeks might find this bit of rare digital display technology from the 1960s interesting. It's from Fran Blanche's channel, which is worth subscribing to if you're into science and technology (especially more obscure stuff).

2. Collapse Details

Cool, I never saw this channel but it seems she has dem skillz at reverse engineering! A while ago I posted a pic in the Macro photo thread in LAVA of a vacuum fluorescent display that she mentions. I figured the "most dangerous display" part would be about X-rays but it turns out somewhat underwhelming as she tests for it in another video and finds that it's negligible.

PhotonicInduction is a good channel for some crazy shit, he hasn't put out any videos lately because of life issues but he's a funny guy who seems hellbent on wanton destruction.

Here's the one where he makes some X-rays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGw3vX9AMyg

3. Collapse Details

Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Homeless & Anonymous
    ^^ haha! That's a good one, and he seems suitably crazy, in a good way

I used to watch his stuff years ago, glad you've brought him back to my attention.

4. Collapse Details

yeah, i find the high-energy stuff mesmerizing. there are a number of supernatural applications for high-voltage electricity, like the Biefeld-Brown effect (antigravity). supercapacitors and high-current outputs are also magical, from common things like the car battery starters that fit in your pocket to sci-fi weapons like lasers and railguns. i'm convinced the only thing holding back our civilization right now is that fusion power hasn't been realized yet, but if it happens in our lifetimes we'll see some shit!