• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do recreational states still have dealers?

HipsterUnicorn

Greenlighter
I am 19 and live in a medical state that is trying to pass recreational (I do not have my medical card). I have been smoking marijuana for many years, and am looking to move to a state that happens to have recreational. My question is are there still dealers? Or is buying weed in recreational states like buying alcohol underage (e.g. finding someone to buy for you)?
Personally I've always been able to get weed easier than booze lmao?
Thanks!

Might be easier to just find a buddy to buy it legally, and then illegally hand it off to you. I'm sure it happens often and, honestly? I'm okay with that. I'd rather people get their weed legally and let the black market crash if it helps marijuana get legalized nationwide.

But yeah, there's still black market weed in legal states, and I only know because a lot of it makes it way out to the states that still practice prohibition.

I live in the northeast where we have medical and loose laws and enforcement around recreation and there's a thriving black market bc its about half the price and theres no tax

its very hard to find a traditional weed dealer. The shitty thing about legalization is now its just rich people that will make billions on weed, and the guy selling weed to put food on the table will go hungry. nothing more american than that.

its very hard to find a traditional weed dealer. The shitty thing about legalization is now its just rich people that will make billions on weed, and the guy selling weed to put food on the table will go hungry. nothing more american than that.

Honestly the quality in general in Oregon has really gone down since legalization as well. The experienced growers who used to be able to make a living growing are being pushed out by big operations who just don't do it as well for the most part. Depends very much on each particular case, but generally speaking I would say the quality has really gone down with the price. Maybe I'm a snob but for the most part I avoid dispensaries because most of what they have is shit.

I get dispensary grade bud for between --------- a quarter on the black market around my area

I forgot that we can't discuss price here (last time I checked), might want to edit your post so a mod doesn't have to do it. Someone correct me if wrong though.

Surely you need a dealer to achieve a recreational state?

I'll fuck off now...

California added extra regulations at the start of the year with some very high standards. Besides the obvious tests for impurities, vendors also need to have extremely percise measurements of THC in products and edible have been limited to 10x pieces at 10mg THC each. As a result, the underground market has been pushing cheap untested product (or product that fails inspection) and potent edibles. So even though there is less weed being sold illegally than before legalization, there are definitely still illegal vendors who will sell to children for money.

More than likely. Dealers generally have extremely low overhead compared to tax paying store fronts. In CA, the legal market is actually snitching on the black market because it is threatened by it. It's going to take longer than a few years of legalization to stamp out a thriving black market and counter culture created by prohibition. Hell, people still brew moonshine. Granted the hillbillies illegally brewing/distilling today are far from their roots of organized crime, the culture still exist 100 years later.

Thanks for all the feedback!

The Network: thanks for the heads up ill fix that

effingcustie and Lysergaman: I've noticed the same thing, the best buds I've smoked were homegrown not dispensary

Just join some facebook groups and start posting that you wish you knew where to get some good stuff. Check craigslist. There are tons of people openly giving out their number and offering delivery of pot. I tell you this because this sounds like what you're looking for. Personally I would just do what it takes to go to legal shops.

Now that legalization is becoming more widespread, many long standing questions regarding cannabis will be answered through societal experimentation and research. Absolutely, they still have dealers. I still use one most of the time in a legal zone because it's far more convenient.