• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to make hash tea

Cannabinoids have extremely poor solubility in water, so it's not very efffective.

My best guess would be to use a really fatty creamer or milk to extract the THC and then pour that into a tea. You would have to decarboxylate the THCA first.

Surely decarbing wouldn't be necessary with hash, only if using uncured weed? But yeh, you'd have to dissolve the hash in milk first then use that in your tea - or even better, make a milky coffee.

I guess it would depend on how your hash was made, I often forget that most of the world makes hash differently. I have seen "traditional" hashes pressed with boiling water to decarb them. The market in my state is not for decarbed hash, but fresh material that is frozen and sieved before curing. The excess moisture is removed either by a desiccant or freeze drying. This method definitely creates a product with more terpenes, but is less conducive to long-term storage. My understanding is that traditional hash can be stored in ball or brick form and the benefit of this is that the resin on the inside ages slower than the outside, which is one of the reasons people originally made hash-consolidation and storage.

4.jpg

Traditional-style hash made by Frenchy Cannoli (Decarbed)

picture.php

Freeze-dried hash (not decarbed)

Use a food processor to blend in cannabutter, a la Bullet Coffee. I've done it myself, it's quite effective and if you use good tea tasty as well.

Personally, I just put a gram of really good homemade hash (following this guide) and a gram of indoor weed into tea. Tastes and feels perfectly. Sometimes I also pour the milk into my tea.

Last edited: