Bluelight

Thread: Downfall of Linux? Linus Torvalds steps down. New code of conduct.

1. Collapse Details
    Downfall of Linux? Linus Torvalds steps down. New code of conduct. 
    Other Drugs
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Trip Reports
    Music Discussion
    Exclamation
    This guy sheds a little light on the political shakeup at Linux and in the Linux community. They changed their code of conduct in a forced way. For lack of a better word, a rights group seems to have forced Linus Torvalds out, for an undisclosed amount of time, under the umbrella of non discrimination. The Linux code of conduct has been programmers have the right to pull their code from kernels AKA hitting a kill switch and mucking things up. I am fine on no discrimination against people of different race, creed, color, sexual orientation, etc. However this group ( I don't know their name) seems to be based on LGBQT group and minorities in general. The new minority at Linux is white males, says the video. They want to/are cleaning house of the core dev team, and directly replacing them with everyone else. Somewhere it was mentioned that Google ends up involved later with their own OS (I believe) and well........ Also mentioned is windows having a back door into something somewhere. Personally, I am fine with diversity. However, to basially get a job by manipulating Affirmative Action and force core developers out BECAUSE OF RACE is wrong on many fronts, IMO.Well kids, time to go to https://www.distrowatch.com and https://www.sourceforge.net and download TF out of your distros and software. I just read today on Sourceforge, in regards to a stopped distro that said basically that the particular program I happened to be looking at could be forked or whatever term they used and developed by whoever in their own way. That is a rough Readers Digest version of what I viewed so far. Also mentioned was that if a coder pulls their code out, yet you continue to use their program, it's illegal.Good luck enforcing that. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Speed King; 03-10-2018 at 01:45.

2. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    This is absolutely fucked. Fuck SJWs. Get the fuck over yourselves.

3. Collapse Details

Linus Torvalds 'leaving' will have no net-effect of linux. Linux will live on and will flourish, as it should.

Once created, the linux way will go on and, hopefully, continue with its fantastic work. It's like the world was created, and life will go on...
    Last edited by imma bee; 07-10-2018 at 09:30. Reason: Linus is God for linux

4. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Trip Reports
    Music Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by imma bee View Post
    Linus Torvalds 'leaving' will have no net-effect of linux. Linux will live on and will flourish, as it should.

Once created, the linux way will go on and, hopefully, continue with its fantastic work. It's like the world was created, and life will go on...
    I expect these new coders to be great. The manipulative way of getting their foot in the door is fucked. That raises red flags with me. This group that is getting discriminated against is doing the same shit to the real core who built the stuff. Again great for non discrimination in general, but that group in particular gives the non discrimination point a bad name.