• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Mobile Mobile Gaming - Whatchya playin now?

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
Nearly everybody has a mobile device these days (iphone, android...tablets)....so what are you using it for when it comes to gaming?

Anything you'd recommend? Things you like or don't like about a particular game, or mobile gaming in general?

Personally I tend to play something for about 2-3 months then move on. Lately, been playing a lot of "Age of Magic". Still playing PES (Player Evolution Soccer) for 1.3y, as that one is on my schedule without asking much of me, and I do like the management aspect of the leagues. Also holding Empires & Puzzles for longer than expected, but may drop before long.

I really love Bejeweled and Peggle. Also poker...pinball...quizup

Morrowind works on android phones these days via OpenMW. That could serve as quite the time filler.

I'm pre-registered for Diablo Immortal and am looking forward to playing it even though there is a huge bandwagon against that sort of thing.

My last game I picked up is called Frietag (or Friday) and I play that regularly. It's a single player board game port and it's really only intuitive if you have played the board game but other than that I love it.

I still play Pokemon Go better than your mom.

Mobile gaming is still in it's infancy stage and it's only getting better.

GOLF CLASH

Only just discovered this. I'm so nearly very good at it. One game takes perhaps 4 minutes so it's ideal to pick up and go, you're playing live against other people. Started playing in tournaments now I've got a bit of cash behind me. I've always avoided in app purchases in games but they're looking more and more tempting, I really want BALLS

Summoners War.

If I told you how much cash I've put into this game it would blow your mind, been playing it for a couple years :D

Morrowind works on android phones these days via OpenMW

While the PC platform of Morrowind is kinda up my RPG alley, I just never had the time to really get into that one. I wonder how well it translates to mobile. And...is it available for iPhones?

Diablo Immortal

Woah...didn't know they made a mobile version of Diablo (why the hell not?). I'll have to check into that one.

If I told you how much cash I've put into this game it would blow your mind,

Lol....this is the biggest thing to me that has changed in my lifetime. I"m used to PC games, mostly played solo as opposed to online against others. So, having a smart phone in hand I can see the natural need for mobile gaming getting filled by a plethora of options. But what surprises me a the most, perhaps, is how easy they make it to spend, and spend, and spend. I'd drop maybe $60 on a PC game and play it sporadically for years. Now, I'm on a mobile game, and find myself struggling to hold back from dropping more than $20/mo, and I'm moving on to a new game in a matter of a few weeks or months at the most. They've gotten good at launching F2P and P2W, but to just spend a little to get that little edge...and then justify spending a little more...it is so easy to bleed money endlessly. First major game I was into was Marvel War of Heroes (MWOH), for those that remember it. I got to a point of dropping several hundred a month. The one time I got ripped off by someone scamming a trade, I lost $400 in an instant, and felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach in that same instant. That's when I quit that game and swore never to get sucked in that bad again....but I'm still spending...just trying to keep a limit on it, especially when any game I look at I know I'll be dropping it eventually.

= = = = =

I still have PES (listed in my OP) but am finally fading on it. Stopped spending there months ago, and just haven't deleted it because of the nostalgia and love of soccer in general (haven't seen another soccer manager game that compares effectively).

I also have Sniper 3D which is kinda cool - about what you'd expect of scope and shoot. I like that it has essentially 3 different mission types, one of which is the PvP arena where you and a half dozen other live persons are sniping in a cityscape. But this one is fading as well. There is a forced system of sequentially buying better guns and upgrading them for harder missions. I know it's necessary, to create a need to spend, but you can do it F2P reasonably well also, and it's very much one of those 1-5min things you can pick up and put down anytime, so I still like that flexibility.

Most of my time these days goes to RAID: Shadow Legends. It's kind of like Star Wars Game of Heroes (SWGOH) or Age of Magic (AOM) with character development and a half dozen mission types and progressions. Nothing great, but holding my attention for now. And occasionally getting some money from my pocket.

Tetris blitz
Tetris blitz
Tetris blitz
What are you people even doing!?

Mini block craft and Block craft.
2 great very addicting games if you like minecraft

Still playing mini block craft(minecraft type game)

Started playing a couple more games the other day. The one that sticks out and is really fun is "Payback2". Its like a mix of gta and cod.

Also playing "pooking billiards city" which is a pool game with a fun twist.

Nearly everybody has a mobile device these days (iphone, android...tablets)....so what are you using it for when it comes to gaming?

Anything you'd recommend? Things you like or don't like about a particular game, or mobile gaming in general?

Personally I tend to play something for about 2-3 months then move on. Lately, been playing a lot of "Age of Magic". Still playing PES (Player Evolution Soccer) for 1.3y, as that one is on my schedule without asking much of me, and I do like the management aspect of the leagues. Also holding Empires & Puzzles for longer than expected, but may drop before long.

Dr Mario World (its actually FREE!)
King of Darts (sooooo addictive)
Void Tyrant