• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What helps with caffeine withdrawal? (& natural energy sources)

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any advice on any kind of supplement, drug of for that matter food or activity that helps with caffeine withdrawal?

I'm going to try to kick the habit again in a few days.

Believe it or not, though most would say it's crazy, I have actually effectively used low doses of Dexadrine along with Aleve and Tylenol to help me quit coffee over the course of about a week WITHOUT actually becoming dependent on the Dexadrine again.

Some would say that's nuts cause obviously Dex/Adderall/Vyvanse are way stronger, but if you don't become dependent on them either I see no harm.

I am wondering what else helps though.

I've heard good things about Bee Pollen giving energy and providing a mood lift and so I ordered some.

Does anyone know anything about that and has anyone heard whether or not it provides energy/mood lift?

I am mostly looking for anything that will help with the fatigue as I drink about 6-8 cups a day and I find it REALLY unpleasant to quit and get super tired and depressed.

Of course exercise really helps, sunlight, good food, and I also have some Phenylalanine which I have heard can help.

The headaches I can handle with Aleve and Tylenol, but does anyone have any other ideas for when the fatigue gets really bad?

I did a little research and found that B vitamins help. What works for me is taking your normal dose or whatever you can stabilize on, then either brew both regular coffee and decaf coffee, then as slow as you want, start cutting the regular coffee with decaf. It works and your taste buds will not know the difference.

If you have been dependent on caffeine for a while or just for health, supplementing with a decent form of zinc and magnesium will assist the adrenal glands and help you in general. The caffeine to some extent depletes some vitamins and minerals.

I did a little research and found that B vitamins help. What works for me is taking your normal dose or whatever you can stabilize on, then either brew both regular coffee and decaf coffee, then as slow as you want, start cutting the regular coffee with decaf. It works and your taste buds will not know the difference.

If you have been dependent on caffeine for a while or just for health, supplementing with a decent form of zinc and magnesium will assist the adrenal glands and help you in general. The caffeine to some extent depletes some vitamins and minerals.

Thanks.

I'll try b vitamins, zinc and magnesium.

I read online that Red Ginseng and Magnesium oil to spray on the skin help so I bought those as well as Bee Pollen which some people say gives energy.

I want to quit cold turkey cause I have 9 days off work and while it will probably really suck cause it has every time, when I try to cut down slowly, while it's not nearly as uncomfortable, I never seem to get to the point where I'm really not dependent anymore.

The process just takes so long and there ends up being so many days I slip up and have more than I should that sooner or later I feel there's no point and I'm back to drinking my normal amount.

While lots of people rave about how healthy coffee is, I actually believe FOR ME it's really bad.

It makes me anxious, ruins my sleep quality, makes me feel run down and crashing all the time with energy levels going up and down, sweaty, indigestion, etc.

I think in large doses it can actually be a real problem, and I hope I succeed this time.

I wish there was really something that could almost completely eliminate the withdrawal but I don't think there is or someone would have found it by now.

Have you thought about nootropics at all?

Noopept and Adrafinil are both good for an energy boost, as well as the -racetams

If using low doses of amphetamines were helpful, why not try that again? It may sound reckless at first but low doses can be quite mild compared to high doses of caffeine in a caffeine-sensitive individual. I used to be sensitive to caffeine so I know how much it can affect a person. Good luck

If using low doses of amphetamines were helpful, why not try that again? It may sound reckless at first but low doses can be quite mild compared to high doses of caffeine in a caffeine-sensitive individual. I used to be sensitive to caffeine so I know how much it can affect a person. Good luck

I am.

Yesterday was my first day and I made it the whole day without coffee on a Vyvanse, but today was worse cause on the 1st day I still have some left in my system so I drank 2 1/2 cups, but because I usually drink 6--8 1/2 cups a day only drinking 2 1/2 is progress so I need to stick with it as eventually my tolerance will lower and I can stop bit by bit.

For some reason Vyvanse is less effective for me when doing this than Adderall or Dexadrine and I'm out of my Adderall and my psychiatrist never picks up his phone and takes 2 billion years to refill prescriptions so that's what I have for now.

I also ordered some B-Vitamin vaporizers which I'm interested to try and have some Ginseng and Cocoa/spearmint drink that kind of helps.

I think I'll eventually break the caffeine dependence if I stick with it long enough and get my energy back cause believe it or not I think serious caffeine dependency is really bad for having good natural energy levels.

Have you thought about nootropics at all?

Noopept and Adrafinil are both good for an energy boost, as well as the -racetams

I might try if necessary.

Phenylpiractam didn't do much when I tried it and Adrafinil I didn't totally love but didn't use it for this purpose so if I run out of Vyvanse and need some I might try it.

I juice fruits in the morning and find the citrus fruits like lemons, limes and oranges give me more of an energy boost than a couple cups of coffee.

What about Guarana and some White tea replacement therapy, Never heard any withdrawals from those two, and they are def eassier to quit imo.

is it possible to be addicted to pepsi especially and other sugary filled drinks? i just love drinks filled with sugar

i'm like homer, i just love it

Last edited: