• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Calling Marijuana Dope

Tonberry King

Bluelighter
Fucking ticks me off. Sure signal to people who know what weed does that you are an indoctrinated fool!!!
I'm ranting here and for good reason. I'll admit that under the influence of marijuana my performance literally IS enhanced, but I still find the use of the term "dope" disparaging. I am no bible thumper but I'll tell you what... ain't nothing wrong with using what mother earth gives freely. Better than any man made substance, yes it is. I've indulged man made substances, you should take my word.

Everything is dope. Even your post, is wicked dope.

But i get it.. There are more harmful substances called "dope", and throwing weed in the mix doesn't do us any good.

I'll stick to weed, bud, and marijuana.

I reckon 'dope' is a perfect name for cannabis. It makes you dopey, full stop. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and is pretty much the reason I love it. But if you think that your performance is enhanced under the influence, then you're seriously deluded, dude... ;)

I doobie leave OP may be referring to the fact that now that cannabis is becoming more accepted and has finally been shown not to be the devil drug that it once was considered, not to mention the "opiate" crisis, dope in a lot of circles has a bad ring to it.

I agree, you want to get blazed, you can. It can be dope, but referring to it as herb, medicine, etc, places a positive spin on it.

Personally I would rather tell someone I use cannabis or marijuana vs I smoke dope. IMO

I reckon 'dope' is a perfect name for cannabis. It makes you dopey, full stop. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and is pretty much the reason I love it. But if you think that your performance is enhanced under the influence, then you're seriously deluded, dude... ;)
Depends on the task I am performing, it is very good when I have a lot of physical activity. It helps a LOT when my body has taken a beating and my muscles get sore and crampy.

I doobie leave OP may be referring to the fact that now that cannabis is becoming more accepted and has finally been shown not to be the devil drug that it once was considered, not to mention the "opiate" crisis, dope in a lot of circles has a bad ring to it.

I agree, you want to get blazed, you can. It can be dope, but referring to it as herb, medicine, etc, places a positive spin on it.

Personally I would rather tell someone I use cannabis or marijuana vs I smoke dope. IMO
Good eye. I definitely was addressing the negative connotation that the term "dope" imposes.

I was just doing some good old forum ranting. I don't really think anyone is a fool.

Man, dope here has become ubiquitous slang amongst the college stoner crowd that it is synonymous with "cool" or "I'm down for that sometime" or "that's rad man" etc. depending on the context.

Like people got so burnt out they narrowed varied responses down to one word.

I am not against using any slang term for weed that I can think of. Calling it dope is silly, ala reefer madness. I call it dope all the time.

I don't know anyone who calls it dope except on Trailer Park Boys and for them it's just comedy. =D

I call amazing weed "the dopest dope I've ever smoked" all the time, and I mean... I'm pushing 30.... but that's not old, though, is it? :\

I also blame TPB for it but still.

All the slang flies, it just depends who your talking to and the context. Shroomy, Idk if you watch it, but I watched the
RiffTrax version of Reefer Madness yesterday. Funny stuff.

I remember being told in the 90s that "dope" was new york slang for heroin, but that most other places it tends to refer to weed. No idea if there was any truth to that back then, but if there was, perhaps it spread?

To me it's more of a generational thing - ignorant baby-boomers (as opposed to hip baby-boomers).

Also, i don't know if the "dope" thing is a reference to it making you "dopey" or if the relates to something else - like the idea that "smack" comes from "schmecker" (drug addict) which is derived from the yiddish "schmeck", which i think means "sniff".

This was one of the last Dope mags I picked up in a waiting room at the weed store.

They are free and consist mostly of articles about current events happening locally in the cannabis industry.

myyO0bF.jpg

We've been calling it that since the 60's, but if I'm wring about it now I try to use the term cannabis.

Speed king, I don't know what RiffTrax is but I could do for some laughs. I've been gathering up tv shows and stuff to binge watch so that's on my list for after my bong toke at noon. I'm looking for it and can't find it yet, if anything I will watch the original black and white and giggle like a schoolgirl.

Well if we look at the other popular term "weed" we find that it is a very, very fitting term. Typically a weed is an unwanted plant. Marijuana fucks big pharma so it is literally an unwanted plant. The brain wash is real folks.

Well if we look at the other popular term "weed" we find that it is a very, very fitting term. Typically a weed is an unwanted plant. Marijuana fucks big pharma so it is literally an unwanted plant. The brain wash is real folks.

Yeah, dude, I watch Ancient Aliens too. Conspiracies are fun.

Weed's called weed because it grows like a weed. Shit'll grow anywhere, used to be able to find it anywhere. I get the negative connotation but I'm not really sold on that being the reason for the name's popularity today. If that were the case we'd probably still be spelling marijuana with an 'H.'