• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

GHB/GBL/1,4-Butanediol

rawfulcopter

Greenlighter
I'm a little surprised to not see any posts pertaining to any of these compounds in this thread. As with MDMA, tread lightly as neurotoxicity is a factor. These are also GABAergenic, so withdrawal can occur if you go a little overboard. With that said, I am a huge 1,4-Butanediol fan and find it to be like rolling balls at 1.5mL (there may have been a little amphetamine earlier that was still active in my system). My best way to describe it is MDMA but with more ketamine-like effects instead of psychedelia and no real recovery. If you go higher than 1.5mL it can become sedating. Very versatile.

I'd like some opinions from others about their experiences in contrast to MDMA.

I?ve used GHB a lot but wouldn?t say it?s comparabke to MDMA on any level really. Personally I like ambien a lot more for a lose alcohol type feel

Interesting. I honestly had very low hopes for it in terms of being the "liquid ecstasy" it is so frequently called. I thoroughly enjoyed it and saw why it is called that. Everyone reacts to drugs differently i suppose.

I love GHB. Actually neurotoxicity isn't an issue, except perhaps in overdose. It's pretty entactogenic but I don't really liken it to MDMA, personally.

I did do meth earlier that day...

I love GHB. Actually neurotoxicity isn't an issue, except perhaps in overdose. It's pretty entactogenic but I don't really liken it to MDMA, personally.
Like I said, there was definitely a bit of tweak done earlier in the day - so that may have been the contributing factor to the rolling balls part (DO NOT recommend by the way, makes your chest feel funny and eyes go crossed/totally goes against everything harm reduction). I'll be giving it a purely solo test later in the week and will report back. But honestly, it was way better than I was expecting :) Glad to see another lover.

I doubt the amphetamine played much of a roll as Ive taken fairly large doses combined with GHB before but obviously trying it again should give you a feel. I do like GHB in its own regard although I definitely think 2CB + coke gives much more of a euphoric roll feeling

if im using 10-15ml GBL a day, how much phenibut would i need in a day to do the switch? i am tapering from GBL and would like to switch to phenibut for 10days max and then quit altogether. sounds like a plan?

Phenibut definitely will help you taper, but not sure of the equivalence of dosages. Also phenibut has a very long half-life so you might be able to get away with every 2 days. Don't just jump into it assuming it will be necessary every day. I feel phenibut for about 36 hours.

I went on a 3-4 month heavy binge of gbl/ghb. Addiction is a bitch. When I quit it was cold-turkey and I did have 2 mild seizures, but not like what benzos have done. Taking a nice heavy GBL dose and then driving around as a passenger, smoking meth, looking at Christmas lights. I was so happy I almost cried. Definitely aware it was a drug induced extreme euphoria at the time. Each hit of crystal would make waves of electric love and pleasure roll back and forth from head to toe. The combo became the addiction really, and I would say it was the closest feeling to the first time I "rolled" on MDMA. Only over and over.

Yep, dealing with some light dependence myself. GHB/etc is a very seductive drug...

The first time I heard GHB et al functionally being called an empathogen was by Claude Rifat. He actually coined a new class of drug effect for them: the sociabilisers.

I don't get it, personally. I love GHB - it's very seductive. It's also mysterious in how it seems to be both very safe and absurdly dangerous. But empathogenic? Not for me, or at least not in any way that's noticeably different from the "I love you, man" of alcohol.

It's interesting that some darknet markets class it as a dissociative, too. I'm not sure why. I find it numbing sort of like very low dose MXE, but less so than alcohol and much less so than kava kava. Classifying the character of a drug experience is tricky business!

GHB us excellent an as long a you don't take more than one 4-5g dose per day tolerance/dependence isn't a problem.

That being said the best explanation is that it feel like a much better version if alcohol.

GHB is ok (kind of) but doesn't really measure up against mdma. Best thing about it is the happy sleep afterwards. Otherwise I dislike the "drunk" feeling it induces.