Bluelight

Thread: Post *YOUR* Ideas for Forum Re-Design & Upgrade Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Among those changes may include a switch to new software (probably Xenforo), which should help solve the interminable trouble we've been having for years with our mobile browser experience, and give us a more modern UTI
    Do we get free STI as well to share freely? User tagging would help spread the clap m8 u wor m8

2. Collapse Details

Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Homeless & Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by madness00 View Post
    Is it possible to mimic the mobile site on XenForo by having a tab where it shows all your recently posted in threads? I almost prefer going on my phone because of that one ability.
    I'm sure it must be possible if we could add it to vBulletin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Do we get free STI as well to share freely? User tagging would help spread the clap m8 u wor m8
    Yep it includes basic interactive things like user tagging as standard

3. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Could we also have a donation platform for paypal or straight credit/debit cards on top of bitcoin?

And maybe username tags that say like, "bronze donater", "silver donater", "gold donater", "platinum donater"?

4. Collapse Details

Homeless & Anonymous
    I think BL's always been against titles in the past (we don't even have post reactions or "I like" etc) because on other sites when employed they're sometimes perceived as kind of elitist etc. I'm personally agnostic on whether that's a good or bad thing if it ultimately serves a greater purpose. And they have basically become the norm nowadays (eg Reddit), and I guess another way in which people can and do like to personalise their handle and online presence.

5. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    I too think it would serve a greater purpose and encourage people to donate. Personally I want to donate regardless but there is no option for debit cards..

6. Collapse Details

^ there's no reason you can't donate with a debit card - just complete the first page of the donation form and you'll get traditional payment options:

alasdair

7. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Ah, okay - thanks!

8. Collapse Details

Sports & Gaming
    One forum I went to our usernames were color coded. If you were a donor it was green. If you had a high up/down ratio it was purple. Mods and admins were blue. But we had a category for people who weren't on staff and couldn't afford to donate but still contributed quality posts and discussion etc. I think it was decent incentive. No one really cared what color their username was, but it made people feel invested in the community and site. And it did get you a certain level of respect but it certainly wasn't used as a hierarchical thing.

If you really want the cash to flow in, give donors a bigger avatar limit...

9. Collapse Details

New Member Introductions
    Yeah, some sort of new incentive to donate would be cool.

I've got a question.. where do the donations go? All to MAPS, or some to BL too? If to BL, to what exactly?

10. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Homeless & Anonymous
    Sober Living
    North & South America Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by mal3volent View Post
    If you really want the cash to flow in, give donors a bigger avatar limit...
    plz no, or at least not much bigger. i hate forums where the avatars and sigs take up the majority of every page. but since mobile is the future present, avatar size should probably just stay what it is, since screen real estate is even more limited.

you can already "buy" a name change with a donation, a larger pm box might be a good donor perk too.

11. Collapse Details

Sports & Gaming
    You could increase av size considerably without it impacting anything else. There's enough real estate there as it is, it's just not being utilized.

12. Collapse Details

Homeless & Anonymous
    FYI:

Quote Originally Posted by Lysis
    The latest MySQL 8 doesn't work with xenforo. I don't know if he's upgrading the mysql server, but the new 8 version no workie so I downgraded to 5.5. There's some stack overflow questions on it too. It has to do with how the new version stores and encrypts passwords. And I think there is a bug because I couldn't create a user that used the old password encryption algorithm, it would automatically revert to the new method.

I have no idea what our database management system is, but could be worth bearing in mind?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12