• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which sort of mushrooms would you grow?

If water, enzymatic stuff and ratio of psilocin to psilocybin is the problem, what not trying to store the shroms in phosphoric acid?

I would just go with a good, hearty cubensis, like Golden Teachers, for example. You can set up a humidity-controlled chamber for pinning and fruiting easily. And once you learn the process, even if you start with grow-bags, learn how to knock them up with a syringe/spores, and you can be good to go. Once you successfully figure out what everything should look like, and how long it takes, you'll be pulling flushes left and right. Growing shrooms, like growing cannabis, is very easy once you learn the process inside and out. If you knock up several bags at a time, and ultimately fruit right on the cakes. Or, you can break them up and use a casing method. Either way, most people would be shocked if they actually saw how easy it is to produce your own. And what is an exceptionally cool part of this is the following; you can pick fresh fruits off the cakes, say the first flush, and eat them while still wet. Because they are 90% water, you can just weigh them accordingly. So, if you want to eat a 4 grams equivalent of wet fruits, you weigh up 40 grams wet and eat them. Sounds scary, but again, they are 90% water, so there is nothing to worry about. I used to take 50 grams of wet fruits, throw them in a blender with OJ, and choke it down. For those of you that never ate them wet before, it can be quite a ride. And, if you have a weak stomach, it can make you want to puke your face off. Some of the best experiences I have had included employing this method, to wild and sometimes scary results. I have done plenty of psychs in my day, but 5+ grams of really good fruits can be life-altering, for sure. Anyway, like I said...growing them is not as hard as some think, kind of like CWEs are simply and easy, and like extracting DMT from MHRB can be easy, like growing crazy bud can be easy, once you do it right once. Like any recipe, once you master it, it is easy as hell. Don't let anyone convince you that any of these things are difficult, as they are not. If there is a will, there is a way, and if you experiment a little, you may find that you won't be buying things like DMT or shrooms anymore, especially when you have, if you want, a never-ending supply. And after I would dry them out, cracker-dry, I would grind them up and put the powder in 00 capsules, which hold almost 1 gram when packed. For those of you that never taken shrooms like this, they hit FAST and HARD...like you start coming up within the first 10 minutes, and you are tripping within 45. Plus, once dry, you can store these caps like you might store anything else of value; control for light, heat, 02, and moisture, and they last for years. So, get brave, people, and you'll be less of a slave. Half of the battle is being well-informed and well prepared. You can get everything you need at Home Depot, and some things off the internet, for very little money. Back in the day, it took me less than a year to get a system in place that was one I hybridized after reading many, many TEKs and reading within forums that had info from serious people who knew what they were doing. So if I wanted...I could get a set-up running this weekend, and within a couple of months, have a mighty fine bunch of fruits to enjoy. And for anyone else who wanted to get to that point themselves, it would not be that hard. You will fail a few times, but always expect failure and have back-up materials ready to go so as to not lose too much time from the failure. Also, if you are using a bag method, ALWAYS knock up more than one bag, so if anything happens, you'll hopefully have the others to rely on.

Last edited:
Not sure if it counts, somewhat outside the typical range of mushroom-growing, but anyone else experimented with ergot culture? been doing a LOT of reading for a good many years now, of course, bought Kren&Kvac's 'the genus Claviceps, and managed to find myself some C.purpurea. I'd sooner work with C.paspali, but should be at least, an interesting project.

Quite a few things I've been wanting to experiment with, particularly the effects of colchicine on conidiophoric strains (there's a big problem with Claviceps, cultures become scenescent, and cease production usually, and they do not stay true to type, having a high mutation rate, this could be solved IMO if only production of alkaloids and of conidia coincided. They do, but very rarely. I've been wondering if conidial reproduction might be more likely in haploid strains, being an asexual mode of propagation, whilst it's known that a heterokaryotic condition favours alkaloid productivity. So I couldn't help but wonder what effect colchicine, a mitotic spindle poison which induces polyploidy in various organisms, might have if used to duplicate the genome of a conidiating strain. Because if only an alkaloid producer that produced asexual, clonal lines through conidia were had, that'd solve a lot of problems with production of ergot alkaloids.

a few years back when I was into trading Spore prints growing mushrooms and the like The Strain I had the best results with was Puerto Rican and I think that maybe simply because my location is closest to Puerto Rico the temperature the conditions everything and by growing them here even though it's an enclosed environment I had the best results with them .....just my two cents

I'm trying to grow some cambodia right now. Can't remember ever having tried these...It sure takes a lot of patience :/

Not that I am growing them, but in my herb garden we just discovered these little beauties. Took a print and will start spreading them hopefully. Looks like a healthy little mycelial clump under the littler. Hopefully these will keep coming up every year. Picked what was in the picture last week, and there are 14 more now today!
cyans.png

I'm pretty sure these ^^ are Ps. Cyanescens, but they are not getting as large as they could, and the margins of the caps are not as wavy as the could be. They stain blue readily, and fit the other macro aspects, also the spore print is Purple-black. I just like the idea that they're growing among my peppermint, basil, oregano, etc. and that they might just end up in a salad. It was my wife who spotted them, and she's not a tripper, but remarked that "those little guys look like what you're always hunting for...are they?"

Nice, that's awesome! I wish psychedelic mushrooms would just show up in my garden! :p

Hehe, I am sure it is a sign from the gods that I need more mush in my diet! I hear and obey.

I failed at growing cambodia but I got a new box to try again which would be easier to handle. I'll let you know.

Not sure if it counts, somewhat outside the typical range of mushroom-growing, but anyone else experimented with ergot culture? been doing a LOT of reading for a good many years now, of course, bought Kren&Kvac's 'the genus Claviceps, and managed to find myself some C.purpurea. I'd sooner work with C.paspali, but should be at least, an interesting project.

Quite a few things I've been wanting to experiment with, particularly the effects of colchicine on conidiophoric strains (there's a big problem with Claviceps, cultures become scenescent, and cease production usually, and they do not stay true to type, having a high mutation rate, this could be solved IMO if only production of alkaloids and of conidia coincided. They do, but very rarely. I've been wondering if conidial reproduction might be more likely in haploid strains, being an asexual mode of propagation, whilst it's known that a heterokaryotic condition favours alkaloid productivity. So I couldn't help but wonder what effect colchicine, a mitotic spindle poison which induces polyploidy in various organisms, might have if used to duplicate the genome of a conidiating strain. Because if only an alkaloid producer that produced asexual, clonal lines through conidia were had, that'd solve a lot of problems with production of ergot alkaloids.

Be careful if you work with colchicine, it's fairly toxic.

I am well aware of the toxicity of colchicine. That said, ergot alkaloids aren't exactly harmless themselves, just look at what happened back in the day when peasantry ended up with an infested grain harvest. Either gangrene or convulsions and psychosis.

As for colchicine itself, it'd only be used on start-up cultures, alongside chemical mutagens (nitrosamines, ethyl methyl sulfonate, hydroxylamine etc) during the selection phase, when colonies are being started from sclerotia on agar plates, so concentration in a final fermentation would be very low, particularly as Claviceps spp. need two different growth media, a high phosphate medium to begin with, which favours growth, then transfer to a nearly phoshate-free, or at least, very much depleted medium for alkaloid production, as phosphate acts as a growth promoter, but a repressor factor towards alkaloid biosynthesis. And in any case, one needs to isolate and purify the lysergic acid with great care, as it isomerizes and epimerizes with great ease. So the chances of what to begin with would be at most a few milligrams of colchicine, spread out over, assuming it ALL made it into the end-stage production fermentation, what if a lot of luck is had, could be maybe 1g/liter, although some strains have been known to produce considerably more ergopeptide yield suitable for hydrolysis. That would make for, assuming equal distribution and bioconcentration, 1ug/mg ergopeptide feedstock, which then must be hydrolyzed to lysergic acid and subjected to chromatography.

I don't think it too risky, assuming one is comfortable working with toxic chemicals (and ergot is a bad idea for a project to begin with if not, given its toxicity).